Oxandrolone Rotator Cuff Trial (ORCT)

Reaction score
This should be an interesting study. I was trying to find some research done with the use of AAS's and injury repair/healing and came upon this. They are just in the "recruiting" stages. The basic outline of this is pretty simple

I'm new to this site, so I can't add the link. But if you Google this it will pop-up:

Oxandrolone Rotator Cuff Trial (ORCT)​

Brief Summary:
This study is about healing after a rotator cuff tear repair procedure. We hope to learn if a biologic medication: Oxandrolone, a synthetic derivative of the human hormone Testosterone (the principal male sex hormone and an anabolic steroid), given for 12 weeks following rotator cuff repair, is effective in aiding in the healing process and restoring muscle mass.

Men and women aged 40 - 75 scheduled for rotator cuff repair, who have failed nonoperative management of chronic, full thickness rotator cuff tears confirmed by MRI, will be randomized into one of two groups, a control group (receiving placebo medication) and an experimental group receiving oral Oxandrolone for 12 weeks postoperative.

Reaction score
I agree.. it would be nice if more studies were done on AAS's.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a 90% rotator tear and just did 6 weeks of anavar. I noticed no improvement personally in function or muscle mass while also on 200mg testosterone weekly. I did full workouts while also doing internal/external rotations.

I did develop serratus trigger points though. Would be great if it actually helped the repair and surrounding tissue more than standard weight training.

Reaction score
I've been diving into the BPC-157 & TB 500 research. Have some shoulder issues that have been manifesting into worsening condition. I've had full rotator repair on the same shoulder about 5 years ago.
Anecdotally speaking, with just the BPC-157, I've noticed huge improvement on my left shoulder over the last 2 wks.
I had contemplated adding the var, alas reading research (whether through board discussions or medical), not seeing that as being anything that will improve the recovery time.

I'd really like it if they'd do more recent recovery research with anabolic compounds, as most of what I'm finding is pretty old and not taking into consideration newer compounds discovered.