PA's Comeback Log

Reaction score
Didn't have time to update yesterday. We're really fucked at work. Just did some light SSB box squats and multi grip incline, plus some pump type stuff.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Didn't have time to update yesterday. We're really fucked at work. Just did some light SSB box squats and multi grip incline, plus some pump type stuff.

Still feeling decent after the accident.
How is your squat doing by the way?

I tend to focus on your crazy Bench and DL that I forget what you do with squats and what kind of accessories you run.

Reaction score
Still feeling decent after the accident.
How is your squat doing by the way?

I tend to focus on your crazy Bench and DL that I forget what you do with squats and what kind of accessories you run.

Yeah, I'm not hurt at all. Just mentally lol I feel like everyone is going to crash into me now. Took a couple weeks to go away last time.

I haven't squatted heavy in probably a year. I've never been a strong squatter and with the hip thing and lately some knee troubles I barely squat anymore. Not even sure I could hit 405lbs currently. Just trying to keep my leg size right now more than anything.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not hurt at all. Just mentally lol I feel like everyone is going to crash into me now. Took a couple weeks to go away last time.

I haven't squatted heavy in probably a year. I've never been a strong squatter and with the hip thing and lately some knee troubles I barely squat anymore. Not even sure I could hit 405lbs currently. Just trying to keep my leg size right now more than anything.

Yeah a couple accidents fucked with me pretty good too.
I showed you the pic where I fucking T..FUCKING BONED that one guy.. totally not my fault but I was slowing down for every green light for a couple months to make sure an idiot didnt run the red again. lmao
Our heads are a funny thing eh?

Yeah, I can imagine it's pretty much not doable to squat heavy with the hip
I personally find my LB squats are harder on the hip
I know for I've had to change my stance to account for my glute, brought my feet closer and straightened out slightly.

I guess time will play it's part before you can squat heavy again

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
First off, glad to hear you are ok.

Secondly, have you ever considered wearing some light powerlifting briefs to help manage the hip pain? They can do wonders for longevity too but can really help work around an injury.

Reaction score
First off, glad to hear you are ok.

Secondly, have you ever considered wearing some light powerlifting briefs to help manage the hip pain? They can do wonders for longevity too but can really help work around an injury.

I actually did some research on this and never ended up pulling the trigger on a pair. Any brand you'd recommend?

Trendkill

Reaction score
I actually did some research on this and never ended up pulling the trigger on a pair. Any brand you'd recommend?
There used to be a lot more choices but now its basically Inzer, Titan and Overkill. I would start with something simple like the Inzer power pants. Get a single ply pair (with legs, the other ones suck) and if you like them move up to the predators. The Titan and Overkill stuff is stronger and also a lot more expensive.

These are only $34 and a great starting point. They will not provide a "giant gain" as the Inzer marketing would have you believe but they will keep your hips tight and warm. I use these for all my close stance work and a pair of Predators for wide stance work.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
There used to be a lot more choices but now its basically Inzer, Titan and Overkill. I would start with something simple like the Inzer power pants. Get a single ply pair (with legs, the other ones suck) and if you like them move up to the predators. The Titan and Overkill stuff is stronger and also a lot more expensive.

These are only $34 and a great starting point. They will not provide a "giant gain" as the Inzer marketing would have you believe but they will keep your hips tight and warm. I use these for all my close stance work and a pair of Predators for wide stance work.

I always thought PL briefs were more specifically for squat.
How does it feel for your DL?
Do you pull Sumo?

Trendkill

Reaction score
I always thought PL briefs were more specifically for squat.
How does it feel for your DL?
Do you pull Sumo?
Briefs will work for any type of squat although medium to wide stance squatters will get way more out of them and will have an easier time reaching depth.

Briefs work great for sumo pulls too. I pull sumo the majority of the time and always pulled sumo when I competed. They won't do anything for conventional pulls but if you get your hands on a good deadlift suit built for conventional pullers it can add a few pounds. Due to the way those suits are constructed, however, you will be in for a ball crunching like you've never had. The old marathon deadlift suit and the Metal conventional DL suit were famous for this.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Briefs will work for any type of squat although medium to wide stance squatters will get way more out of them and will have an easier time reaching depth.

Briefs work great for sumo pulls too. I pull sumo the majority of the time and always pulled sumo when I competed. They won't do anything for conventional pulls but if you get your hands on a good deadlift suit built for conventional pullers it can add a few pounds. Due to the way those suits are constructed, however, you will be in for a ball crunching like you've never had. The old marathon deadlift suit and the Metal conventional DL suit were famous for this.

Strange question, but.
How does it feel for glutes?
I currently have a torn glute and cant DL, something to stabilize would be helpful, to hopefully at least lift enough to stimulate the CNS

Trendkill

Reaction score
Strange question, but.
How does it feel for glutes?
I currently have a torn glute and cant DL, something to stabilize would be helpful, to hopefully at least lift enough to stimulate the CNS
I would try it. I honestly have no idea. I have some on/off hip issues so I know the briefs work wonders for that. Give it a try though. It might do the trick.

What is the glute issue specifically?

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
I would try it. I honestly have no idea. I have some on/off hip issues so I know the briefs work wonders for that. Give it a try though. It might do the trick.

What is the glute issue specifically?

Torn Maximus and medius.
Making progress on getting squats back, but DL is out of the question currently

Reaction score

Just ordered a pair. I'll update when I get a chance to try them out.

Trendkill

Reaction score
am looking into Inzer power short and squat suit (dbl ply). I would like to invest for my squats
A full suit is probably going to be more than you want. Start with the power pants. Once you get used to those move to the predators. You probably won’t need more then that.

it’s too bad Metal is no longer an option. Their pro briefs were very easy to learn.

New Threads