Please critique this split

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Like Hunter's explanation for everything in the video. He's not just another dumb meathead. I'll definitely be checking him out.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Like Hunter's explanation for everything in the video. He's not just another dumb meathead. I'll definitely be checking him out.
Yeah at first he was hard to listen to but then you realize him and his training partner are brilliant. Hunter competes this weekend.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Yeah at first he was hard to listen to but then you realize him and his training partner are brilliant. Hunter competes this weekend.
Chicago Pro?

Saw the vid title and yup he's in my neck of the woods. I'd wager he was seen at Madhouse gym. That's a spot I want to check out but it's a hike for me.

Last edited:

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Chicago Pro?

Saw the vid title and yup he's in my neck of the woods. I'd wager he was seen at Madhouse gym. That's a spot I want to check out but it's a hike for me.
It’s actually in Atlanta lol. Like they did the NY Pro in Florida hahah.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
It’s actually in Atlanta lol. Like they did the NY Pro in Florida hahah.

Yup, that is exactly my neck of the woods. Madhouse is an hour or a lil over an hour from downtown but I'd wager most if not all the pros went there. I know a few of my friends who train at my gym who are Pros go over there about every or every other weekend to train. They have 40+ leg presses. It's like a candy store for lifters.

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
Looks good. I know for me it would be too much volume on my shoulders but I'm prone to shoulder injury so have to be careful.

I'm looking at Tuesday and you have 3 excercises for shoulders and only one for chest.

I can see the logic because you have a compound movement, a medial delt movement and a rear delt movement.

That's the thing about programming. Depending on our strengths, weaknesses and individual goals it's going to be different.

I am intrigued by the upper/lower push/pull routine. May try it. Thanks for sharing.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Yup, that is exactly my neck of the woods. Madhouse is an hour or a lil over an hour from downtown but I'd wager most if not all the pros went there. I know a few of my friends who train at my gym who are Pros go over there about every or every other weekend to train. They have 40+ leg presses. It's like a candy store for lifters.
I watch a vid of his 2020 Olympia prep last night and they were at madhouse. Pretty fkin legit

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Looks good. I know for me it would be too much volume on my shoulders but I'm prone to shoulder injury so have to be careful.

I'm looking at Tuesday and you have 3 excercises for shoulders and only one for chest.

I can see the logic because you have a compound movement, a medial delt movement and a rear delt movement.

That's the thing about programming. Depending on our strengths, weaknesses and individual goals it's going to be different.

I am intrigued by the upper/lower push/pull routine. May try it. Thanks for sharing.
The split hunter does is awesome for me cause of my bad shoulders. He has those ISO days and 2 pressing day. I am able to really push it on pressing again. Not as much free weight as when I was younger but it has me back on some decent dumbbell weights.

Easy, I’m sure you’ll figure it out. You’ve made amazing progress already.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Easy, I’m sure you’ll figure it out. You’ve made amazing progress already.
Exactly.

The way I like to run the U/L/PPL was on my Upper and Lower days, they'd be the big free weight strength exercises, the Squats, Deads, Bench, BB Rows, Presses, Pullups, etc... Heavier weight, lower reps. These 2 days would be on my days off from work, so I'd be fresh and ready to go.

3rd day would be a rest day, then the Pull/Push/Legs days in that order, more machine based and isolation work, moderate to higher reps, to get in the volume. 7th day would be another rest day, then repeat.

New Threads