Replacing Some Test with Deca on TRT to Reduce Acne?

Reaction score
Currently on Test C 180mg/wk as TRT, but having some issues with back acne.

I've had acne since I hit puberty (now 29 y/o) but my back acne was always very minimal. Now it looks like I'm blasting and I can't get control of it. Possibly going to go the Accutane route later, but not now.

I've tried lowering dose to 140mg/wk and it did nothing; also tried including AI but all it did was give me huge headaches at very small doses. After doing some reading, it seems that DHT is what causes the increase in sebum secretion - which makes me think Deca or NPP might be a good way to go.

I already have high prolactin, which obviously doesn't bode well for 19-nors, so I'd like to use the least effective dose to avoid adhedonia and deca dick. My estrogen is also pretty high, but not high enough for symptoms - i think I'd appreciate slightly lower estrogen though... my libido increased a good bit when using the AI, despite the headaches.

Anyways, I'd like to drop test down to say 120mg/wk (or less) and include Deca or NPP at maybe 60mg/wk... any thoughts or experience?

Reader591

Reaction score
Well my doc recommended saw palmetto to lower dht, on my 140 per week trt dose. It for me, actaully worked. My acne wasn’t bad, but it’s down to 1 or two bumps on my back here and there.

But I could see the blend of nandrolone and test working too. Worth a shot. Probably better chance than saw palmetto.

He also said some of his body builder patients swear by dandruff shampoo as a body wash, in addition to every other day benzoyl peroxide wash. I use the benzoyl peroxide wash 3x a week, but always did since starting trt so it was not a new addition. I’d assume you’ve already tried this. But I never heard of the dandruff shampoo as body wash. Was gonna ask here at some point if anyone ever had.

cavorite

Reaction score
Well my doc recommended saw palmetto to lower dht, on my 140 per week trt dose. It for me, actaully worked. My acne wasn’t bad, but it’s down to 1 or two bumps on my back here and there.

But I could see the blend of nandrolone and test working too. Worth a shot. Probably better chance than saw palmetto.

He also said some of his body builder patients swear by dandruff shampoo as a body wash, in addition to every other day benzoyl peroxide wash. I use the benzoyl peroxide wash 3x a week, but always did since starting trt so it was not a new addition. I’d assume you’ve already tried this. But I never heard of the dandruff shampoo as body wash. Was gonna ask here at some point if anyone ever had.

i’ve heard of it (ketoconazole) working for fungal acne. i use it prevent hair loss too, but it hasn’t helped with either.

topical clindamycin worked best. the OTC stuff doesn’t move the needle much for me. it’s easy to get a script from your PCP

Reaction score
Well, in my experience whenever I added in deca it amplifies aromatization for me. I read somewhere that it has to do something with progesterone (no I can't remember, so take it with a grain or two of salt).

Not saying that you will experience it on such low dose, as I have only experimented 200-300mg as an addon for my cruise with the same dosage of test in the past.

I had and still have acne, it just comes back and probably worse than yours, I use very low dose isotretinoin 2-3 times a year something like 20mg for 4-6 weeks and it works like magic (roaccutane or accutane I think for US market). Is it bad? Who knows, I guess better than to be ashamed to get naked when time comes.

Estrogen is something interesting, I used to hate it a lot, now I just use low dose anastrozole when needed, yes by feeling symptoms, bloods don't say anything for me in regards to estrogen. I came to conclusion that if you experience no symptoms, it means nothing to fix. Also with time my body became better at handling higher estrogen, possibly from the past high testo blasts. Now I don't need nearly as much ai as I needed when blasting.

Lastly, I experimented with adding pretty much everything in to a cruise, just for the sake of experiment and to feel good. Eq, deca, tren (75-100mg), mast, proviron, low dose anavar, more test...

From my experience it never works long term, short term yes, but over time you get tired on all the excessive shit except good old T at moderate dosages for cruise.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Adding a lil deca always makes my joints feel better , my knees aren't so creaky feeling , muscles fill up nice. I always thought of it as happy sauce. I stick to I guess low dose , 300 maybe 350 compared to some If i go over 400 i get some weird ass anxiety and panic attacks so I dont bother.

Reaction score
Adding a lil deca always makes my joints feel better , my knees aren't so creaky feeling , muscles fill up nice. I always thought of it as happy sauce. I stick to I guess low dose , 300 maybe 350 compared to some If i go over 400 i get some weird ass anxiety and panic attacks so I dont bother.
That's a pretty decent dose and more is not necessarily better from what I've seen and experienced.

Diminishing returns especially with steroids like deca are very notable.

Reaction score
My youngest daughter has acne. When my wife took her to the dermatologist they put her on a antibiotic called
Doxycycline. It worked wonders for her.
Look it up..
Also don’t know if you have someone that can do this for you but she also had her buy this stuff call
Pano yo. Not sure if it’s spelled that way but it’s a scrub.

Go see a dermatologist..
Is your trt thru a dr or self perscribed?

If it’s thru a dr just tell her your on trt.
If it’s not the. It’s up to you if you tell them or not.

Anyway good luck.

*BTW. I am sure if you look hard enough you can find doxy online.

It’s kills the acne from the inside out

Jonjon

Reaction score
I’m on 60mg test and 240 nandrolone.
I went this route as an experiment to see how low I needed to go on testosterone without an ai.

Picked 240 npp to bring the total load up to 300mg. Total test is 534 and estradiol is 35. I wake up with a rock on every morning, and I’m making great progress in the gym.

As far as acne goes, the only time I have trouble with it is when my estrogen is high or when my body is adjusting to a big change in dose.

crido887

Reaction score
Well, in my experience whenever I added in deca it amplifies aromatization for me. I read somewhere that it has to do something with progesterone (no I can't remember, so take it with a grain or two of salt).
19nors are progestins. They beind to progesterone receptors.

Same with the other compound of women's birth control. Progestins and estradiol

Kind of why nandrolone is more infamous for azoospermia than the other categories

Also anectodal reports of people saying tren makes the cum watery.

I personally felf the 19nors increase sensitivity to elevated e2...
Example. E2 of 80 on tren or nandrolone felt like e2 of 140 not it tren

Reaction score
I personally felf the 19nors increase sensitivity to elevated e2...
Example. E2 of 80 on tren or nandrolone felt like e2 of 140 not it tren
For me deca is aggressive bitch, I get puffy nips even though I'm not gyno prone, I can easily blast 1g test add in 100mg anadrol (which anecdotally can cause gyno) and switch to dbol 50mg and nothing, go figure...

Good thing is that they go away when I quit taking it.

Tren is okay, I need to dose arimidex somewhat higher, but nothing too much. It's weird in it's own right though.

New Threads