RIP SHAW

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Brian Shaw has let it be known that this year's World's Strongest Man will be his last. Today he made a video revealing the competitors for the 2023 Shaw Classic. It's epic. He also made it known that the 2023 Shaw Classic will be his last competition, ever. Fitting. I rushed and purchased tickets. I can't not be there. Gonna be fucking awesome.

What's yalls thoughts/predictions? I can see Shaw making the podium one last time at WSM, same at the Shaw Classic.
Pretty sure he's feeling his age now, beat down. He's got 3 successful companies and his Shaw Classic comp is already considered one of the top shows of the year so I think he'll be fine just putting all his focus I to those avenues.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Brian Shaw has let it be known that this year's World's Strongest Man will be his last. Today he made a video revealing the competitors for the 2023 Shaw Classic. It's epic. He also made it known that the 2023 Shaw Classic will be his last competition, ever. Fitting. I rushed and purchased tickets. I can't not be there. Gonna be fucking awesome.

What's yalls thoughts/predictions? I can see Shaw making the podium one last time at WSM, same at the Shaw Classic.
Pretty sure he's feeling his age now, beat down. He's got 3 successful companies and his Shaw Classic comp is already considered one of the top shows of the year so I think he'll be fine just putting all his focus I to those avenues.
He's been in the game for a long time and has been talking about wanting to downer and get healthy for a while.

He's had a slew on injuries over the years, I feel like he's given his time, and it's a good move for him to retire. He's not getting any better, just more and more worn down.

I feel like he's done his time for the sport.

OldeBull1

Reaction score
A while back, I saw a video of him at home with his wife. They were landscaping, and placing boulders in their yard. She wasn't sure where to put them. She says "I don't want to place them in the wrong spot, then have to move them."
He says, matter of factly, "Babe, I'm the world's strongest man."

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
In retrospect, bad choice for the thread title. Click bait at its worst. Excited to see Brian compete for the first, and last time in about a month. The lineup for the Shaw Classic is ridiculous along with the event so if he places top 5 that's a W imo

almostgone

Elite
Reaction score
I'm kind of sad to see him backing away from competing, but at the same time I know he has had to miss his family at times and wants to make those memories.

I have a feeling he'll be involved in the strength events for a looong time.... probably as the new " Kaz" of the strongman world. He's already like a freaking encyclopedia of the history of strength sports.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I love that big son bitch. I enjoy the interaction between he and Eddie Hall...brings him out of his shell.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
We flew today and my ole lady was like “how in the fk does Brian Shaw fly?! You barely fit as it is.”

almostgone

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah...I love that big son bitch. I enjoy the interaction between he and Eddie Hall...brings him out of his shell.
Oh, it's f-in hilarious when Eddie H. starts in on Shaw. I think the movie it was Born Strong...Eddie was hacking at Shaw. Told him the fat on the back of his neck looked Iike a fucking pack of hot dog buns, lol.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Oh, it's f-in hilarious when Eddie H. starts in on Shaw. I think the movie it was Born Strong...Eddie was hacking at Shaw. Told him the fat on the back of his neck looked Iike a fucking pack of hot dog buns, lol.
Lmao when Shaw was doing his thing at the expo Eddie was trolling hard. Asked him if he was gonna lose the pack of hot dogs on his neck since he's retiring... Shaw replied, Eddie, you've been retired since 2017 and you still have that lol