Simplest Water Cut?

ftf

Reaction score
I did a meet when I was like 20 years old. My cellie had diuretics because he was dying from hep c and I used those to drop to the next lower weight class. I didn't even place. If I had lifted in the correct class, I would have placed 2nd. Not sure why, but sometimes the smaller guys are stronger.

Beti ona

Reaction score
Why are we getting crazy with the diuretic protocols guys?

He says he needs to lose 2 lbs, yes TWO POUNDS, at most, for a powerlifting comp with the weigh in 24 hours before the meet.

Just skipping breakfast will probably be enough. If you want to play it safe, have no carbs and no high sodium or junk foods the day before the weigh in.

I was just sharing the most used strategies and my knowledge and experience to cut, I have done it for powerlifting meetings a couple of times, and many times for photo sessions.

To lose a little weight simply stop eating solid food will be enough, and cut off the water a few hours before.

Keep in mind that after the weigh-in you may have a few hours or a whole day to recover fluids and energy, that's important, you don't want to be miserable while looking to set lifting records.

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
I lost 3 lbs before my first meet by simply not drinking any liquids after 6pm the night before or in the morning before weigh in.
I would not recommend you going to a liquid only diet before your meet. You need to eat what you are familiar with so you don't get the runs and still get the macros you need to perform on the platform.

New Threads