Sleep paralysis

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
What are your guy's experiences with this terrifying yet harmless condition?

I've experienced sleep paralysis since I was a kid, but it wasn't until I was 20 that I was able to put a name to it.

Until recently, I had only experienced the "not being able to move" aspect of sleep paralysis. I would read from people who experienced all sorts of hallucinations, but never had that happen myself. Recently though, my sleep paralysis has started to include those elements. Twice now I have heard "Satanic" sounding voices that add to the scary factor. I've also found myself feeling that I've been violently thrown around in a dream (such as in a car accident or falling), only to awaken not being able to move. This usually happens when I'm taking a nap, and not during overnight sleep.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I had it a few times many years ago. Unless you have been through it, you can't explain how bad it is.

I asked my GP about it. He put it to me in simple terms; it's like you wake up and your mind is still rebooting.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I had it a few times many years ago. Unless you have been through it, you can't explain how bad it is.

I asked my GP about it. He put it to me in simple terms; it's like you wake up and your mind is still rebooting.

That's interesting. I always thought it was a case of the mind being awake while the body is still asleep.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
What's also fuuked up is it's only for a second or two but feels like a minute. (At least what I went through) It's been years since it happened last but the last time I actually was aware of what was going on and could wait it out. It's kinda like the first time you get the wind knocked out of you and you panic. After you get the wind knocked out of you enough, you know to just relax and it'll come back.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
With our getting into too many details. I went through what you call sleep paralysis(in my case once it started that night it was on all night ...no sleep.) imagine feeling your sleep paralysis. Breaking free but right after trying to go back to sleep would result in the paralysis. And the voice, and the pressure on your chest/back. Hearing breathing. Feeling breathing on you. Etc etc. Fuck even hearing your name being called (they know you on a first name basis) this went on and off for around 7 years. I didn't tell anybody about it. But I know now it was demons. I managed to get into a situation where a priest told me the next time it happens to give him a call. Anytime of the day. So one night, after it happened once. And going all night back and forth and even egging on the entity (making it worse) I decided to call the guy. He answered it was probably 2am. He asked me to put the call on speaker. He said some prayer and told me to put a YouTube of some Christian artist to play while I tried to sleep. And fuck me sideways I was able to sleep that night. Anyways. I moved and it hasn't happened since.

Many years after. My brother begins to tell me about somethings happening to him exactly like me(I never told him about my situations) turns out he experienced the exact same things after moving back to our parents house. Same room. What I understood was some of us who arnt too close to the light are more prone to darkness. What I mean is. I used to watch a ton of demonic movies (very entertaining) and shit happened. Something about being an easy target to demons and opening a portal.

I stopped watching that stuff right around the time I learned it was demons (sleep paralysis) and haven't had one episode of it since.
I'm not religious at all. But I do believe in demons. Because those fuckers are real.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
What are your guy's experiences with this terrifying yet harmless condition?

I've experienced sleep paralysis since I was a kid, but it wasn't until I was 20 that I was able to put a name to it.

Until recently, I had only experienced the "not being able to move" aspect of sleep paralysis. I would read from people who experienced all sorts of hallucinations, but never had that happen myself. Recently though, my sleep paralysis has started to include those elements. Twice now I have heard "Satanic" sounding voices that add to the scary factor. I've also found myself feeling that I've been violently thrown around in a dream (such as in a car accident or falling), only to awaken not being able to move. This usually happens when I'm taking a nap, and not during overnight sleep.
If I've told you once I've told you a hundred times. Stop sleeping over with @Yano and stop drinking his moonshine. Bet you wonder why having a poop feels weird the next dat too. Yano is a bad bad man.

But seriously if you can't find a way to correct this thing. Learn to accept it and understand there is no satanic thing out there talking to you. Just your own mind trying it's best to comunicate.

You are a great person through to the core. You will always be like that because that is your program. No voice you hear in your sleep will change who you are when awake unless you decide to change.

Keep us up dated. I will keep you in my prayers.

Reaction score
For me I have had the awake but can’t move thing happen a couple times, I used to have bad insomnia so I tried different sleep methods. One of which said if you didn’t move a muscle in your body, you’d eventually fall asleep. For me, my body fell asleep but I was still awake. That hasn’t happened in awhile, sometimes recently I’ve gotten a very vivid dream where I wake up and it’s like my body is 1000lb and I can’t move and it lasts for a couple minutes while I’m awake but still having the dream (or nightmare) and then I snap out of it and it is pretty freaky. I like to check my HR after these it’s usually fucking racing

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I've never had sleep paralysis but after the stroke I did deal with Aphasia. Aphasia happens when the brain stem is damaged , you can blink , move your eyes that's it.

LIS - locked in syndrome

Spent a few months in bed or sitting propped up in a chair screaming in my head for God to just let someone hear me or for Him to let me die.

I know how scary not being in control of your body and mind can be. With progressive aphasia the best diagnosis I have is eventually I lose my ability to speak and function on my own and end up back in a chair staring out a window.

If anyone ever needs to talk can't sleep , hates being alone , hit me up. I always have time for family in need.

Reaction score
I remember it around 15 yrs ago, then (thank God) never happened again. But I woke up in the night in my rented appartment and had a very strong feeling that there's someone there besides me (there hasn't been anyone else, but you know the stupid feeling probably :) ). I wanted to say something, but did only that odd tiny noise or voice and wanted to move my hands and run, but could not, just watched and was scared. But after a minute or two, you're ok, but it feels like neverending :). Dunno if it's the fear in your mind causing it or what exactly.

New Threads