Suck My Nuts Log

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
I didn't ditch the RPE. I use it to a) adjust my working weight for my primary lift on-the-fly to target a certain rep range and b) track my progress.

Last night's primary lift was barbell bench:
(I wanted to keep the reps higher for the 2nd and 3rd sets but sometimes I can't help myself from going heavier. It's just so fun to add weight when you're gaining strength this fast.)

View attachment 34171

For secondary exercises I did:
Iso-lat HS decline BP: 3x10 RPE7-8 + 1x2 TF 160 lbs per side
Cable flys at 45 degrees: 3x10 last set TF
Rope pulldown: 3x10 last set TF
Dumbell BP: 3 sets, all TF, 35 lbs

Today I'm running for some legit cardio/metcon. It's going to be fucking painful being 20lbs heavier than I'm used to:(
You don’t know what rpe 7-8 is you don’t have the experience.
You’ve basically wasted effort getting to the reps that build muscle

Reaction score
Why does everyone that has no clue about training decide to start and the first thing they want to do is get in drugs??

Reaction score
I didn't ditch the RPE. I use it to a) adjust my working weight for my primary lift on-the-fly to target a certain rep range and b) track my progress.

Last night's primary lift was barbell bench:
(I wanted to keep the reps higher for the 2nd and 3rd sets but sometimes I can't help myself from going heavier. It's just so fun to add weight when you're gaining strength this fast.)

View attachment 34171

For secondary exercises I did:
Iso-lat HS decline BP: 3x10 RPE7-8 + 1x2 TF 160 lbs per side
Cable flys at 45 degrees: 3x10 last set TF
Rope pulldown: 3x10 last set TF
Dumbell BP: 3 sets, all TF, 35 lbs

Today I'm running for some legit cardio/metcon. It's going to be fucking painful being 20lbs heavier than I'm used to:(

So a set of 3 with 225 was an RPE9?
Did you have a spotter?
What are you running for a cycle?

I’m a low volume guy but 14 reps for your primary movement?

Oh brutha. 🤦‍♂️ This is why you don’t need cheerleaders. Especially ones that don’t lift. They’re encouraging mediocrity.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
12/21/22 Bloodwork:
Sleep-fasted, no HGH, no test
Glucose: 90 mg/dL (65-99)
Estradiol: 18 pg/mL (<29)
GH: 0.58 ng/mL (<7.1)
Blood markers, lipids, and liver enzymes all within reference range

12/27/22 Bloodwork:
Sleep-fasted, 3 hrs post 2 IUs HGH, no test
Glucose: 96 mg/dL (75-139)
Total Test: 690 ng/dL (250-1100)
Free Test: 57 ng/dL (35-155)
GH: 7.2 ng/mL (<7.1) [Thanks Mr. Goodlyfe]
Blood markers, lipids, and liver enzymes all within reference range

12/31/22:
This pic is 2 days after the first pin. After a month of heavy lifting and eating, here I am looking pretty skinny fat. Belly and love handles all pushed out from deads and squats filling in my core… I honestly looked way better (albeit much weaker) a month prior lol. Been doing 45 to 90 min fasted cardio ed, sleep-fasted, 2 hrs post HGH, to get the fat off.

Starting Stats:
195 lbs
2500 kcal/d (50%P/30%F/20%C)
Squat: 310 lbs
Standard Dead Lift: 330 lbs
Barbell Bench Press: 240 lbs

View attachment 34154
This is the same guy trying to give advice to others 🤦🏻

Reaction score
Aromasin dose of 12.5 mg on test pin day (250 mg) followed by 6.25 mg per day for the next 2 days seems to be managing sides well (bloat, red face, itchy nips). Will get bloodwork on Wed to see for sure.

Blood pressure is still high for a normal measurement (135/80), but am now at least seeing normal numbers soon as I wake up while lying down (119/67). I'm guessing this is still my body getting used to the extra weight I'm walking around with. Will keep sprinkling in 1-2 runs per week to try and get my CV system used to the new paradigm. These are fucking brutal. 2 months ago at 180 lbs, 6 mi at 9 min/mi was easy (steady 140 BPM), now 2 mi at 10 min/mi and I'm at 155 BPM the whole time and had to walk up this tiny little hill that I didn't even call a "hill" before.

Short pull day on Sat due to limited time. Went hard on iso-lat HS row, preacher curls, and shrugs, then burned my biceps to a crisp with high rep sitting hammer curls.

Sunday was a rest day. Went skiing... which when you're not a very good skier isn't very "restful" lmao

Yesterday I went up AGAIN on dumbbell BP. 4 clean reps with the 105's booyah🤘
1673982839552.png

Secondary:
Incline barbell BP 3x5 + 185x3x1 RPE8.5
Tick-tocks 3x10
Dumbbell flys 3x10 last set TF
Sitting tricep extension 3x10 last set TF

Attachments

• 1673982373146.png
    1673982373146.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Deads last night. Pulled a clean 355 single. That's the most I've ever deadlifted in my life... which I know is peanuts to most of you but I'm pretty fucking proud of it.

4 plates by the end of February for sure!
1674062667861.png

Secondary/assistance:
Decline T-bar cable rows - back-focused 3x10 last set TF
Curl machine 3x10 last set TF (I never use this thing holy shit these are fucking painful)
Back extension w 25lb plate 3x8

Woke up at 205 lbs. Been steady at this weight for at least a weak. 1 hr of cardio (recumbent bike at ~110 HR, 2hrs after 2 IUs HGH) per day is taking the fat off nicely. Will try adding in a couple hundred calories to see if I can increase strength rate and continue to cut fat.

Reaction score
Deads last night. Pulled a clean 355 single. That's the most I've ever deadlifted in my life... which I know is peanuts to most of you but I'm pretty fucking proud of it.

4 plates by the end of February for sure!
View attachment 34354

Secondary/assistance:
Decline T-bar cable rows - back-focused 3x10 last set TF
Curl machine 3x10 last set TF (I never use this thing holy shit these are fucking painful)
Back extension w 25lb plate 3x8

Woke up at 205 lbs. Been steady at this weight for at least a weak. 1 hr of cardio (recumbent bike at ~110 HR, 2hrs after 2 IUs HGH) per day is taking the fat off nicely. Will try adding in a couple hundred calories to see if I can increase strength rate and continue to cut fat.
Nice job.

You should look at Prilipin's chart and do a few dropsets. It's not as much for volume as it is for repetitions, which will improve your technique. Doing 4 working reps is on the low-side.

Reaction score
Nice job.

You should look at Prilipin's chart and do a few dropsets. It's not as much for volume as it is for repetitions, which will improve your technique. Doing 4 working reps is on the low-side.
I read up on Prilipin's chart. I see what you mean about the volume. I will add a percentage column to my spread sheet so I can start to see what I'm lifting percentage-wise.

Just so I'm clear, you mean add the drop sets to meet the rep requirement of the chart? And when you say drop set, do you mean just add more sets at lower weight till I hit target reps, or actual drop sets with no rest in between weight reduction?

Reaction score
I read up on Prilipin's chart. I see what you mean about the volume. I will add a percentage column to my spread sheet so I can start to see what I'm lifting percentage-wise.

Just so I'm clear, you mean add the drop sets to meet the rep requirement of the chart? And when you say drop set, do you mean just add more sets at lower weight till I hit target reps, or actual drop sets with no rest in between weight reduction?
Drop sets at lower weight like 80% to 85% of the max.

Separately, You shouldn’t max do a 1 RM every week. Use a percentage for that.

So just as an example based off of your 355 1RM do:
3-5 sets of heavy triples with 300-320 lbs
Then drop the weight to 280 and do 3 sets of 5.

Congratulations, you learn how to read Prilipins chart and you’re programming now. This is why we were all steering you away from RPE.

Reaction score
Destroyed my legs last night.

Primary exercise was front squat. Finished with 2 sets of very painful slow-paced, 2s pause reps, almost TF.

1674335975107.png
+135x6x2 slow, 2s pause reps, RPE 9ish on last rep

Secondary (all 3x10ish TF on last set):
Leg extension
Leg curl
Calf extension
Abductor machine
Adductor machine

Despite being well-fed, I felt a bit week at the start of this one, and limped out the door after. After having a very difficult time falling asleep, I woke up significantly more drained than usual (still got 8hrs) this morning and can still feel my chest and tris recovering from Thursday (which is also unusual with the gear). Today will be an unplanned rest day (light cardio only), skiing tomorrow.

I'm not sick, calories and diet are right, pretty sure AI dose is good, total sleep is good... I think I need a deload period.

Questions for the group:

1) Is deloading just about reduction in weight for joint sparing/recovery, or is it also about reducing effort? In other words, can I just make the weight lighter and increase reps TF, or is that also going too hard. Some things I'm seeing are saying no TF sets due to nervous system fatigue.

2) With the test and GH, could I expect a shorter deload period than recommended for the non-enhanced, similar to how muscle recovery is accelerated? Or are joints different and the normally recommended week still required?

Attachments

• 1674335120679.png
    1674335120679.png
    19 KB · Views: 1

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Destroyed my legs last night.

Primary exercise was front squat. Finished with 2 sets of very painful slow-paced, 2s pause reps, almost TF.

View attachment 34541
+135x6x2 slow, 2s pause reps, RPE 9ish on last rep

Secondary (all 3x10ish TF on last set):
Leg extension
Leg curl
Calf extension
Abductor machine
Adductor machine

Despite being well-fed, I felt a bit week at the start of this one, and limped out the door after. After having a very difficult time falling asleep, I woke up significantly more drained than usual (still got 8hrs) this morning and can still feel my chest and tris recovering from Thursday (which is also unusual with the gear). Today will be an unplanned rest day (light cardio only), skiing tomorrow.

I'm not sick, calories and diet are right, pretty sure AI dose is good, total sleep is good... I think I need a deload period.

Questions for the group:

1) Is deloading just about reduction in weight for joint sparing/recovery, or is it also about reducing effort? In other words, can I just make the weight lighter and increase reps TF, or is that also going too hard. Some things I'm seeing are saying no TF sets due to nervous system fatigue.

2) With the test and GH, could I expect a shorter deload period than recommended for the non-enhanced, similar to how muscle recovery is accelerated? Or are joints different and the normally recommended week still required?
You should already know this before taking drugs

New Threads