T&H's Training Log (lots of running) plus EPO cycle

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Finally got bloods back last night. Ended up with 35 miles for the week, but still dealing with fatigue.

November 2021- Hematocrit 44 5
February- Hematocrit 44.0
June 14- Hematocrit 47.5 after 20k IU
July 1- Hematocrit 48.8 after 33k IU
July 13- Hematocrit 47.4 after 57k IU
July 27- Hematocrit 48.9 after 70k iu
August 12- Hematocrit 51.9

Hematocrit is a little high, but where I wanted to get around since my running keeps it In Check. I started EQ at 400mg per week about 3 weeks ago. Going to take a break from epo, May take more time off running.

Anyways, wish I would have started this log here back in June when first starting epo. Going to take a break from updating this, May even start a new one in the future. Take care guys.
It's been cool to read! Looking forward to the future one!

TiredandHot

Reaction score
Just wanted to provide an update.

Still running, last 2 weeks were 42 and 40 miles each. Prior to that, my watch didn't record all my runs but I know I had some down weeks. I started having a pain in my left leg shortly after my last post. Then itb band on the other leg flared up from the altered Gait as a result of the other leg. Seems to have gotten better somewhat.

Dropped some extra fat and upper bodymuscle in the last month and noticed significant improvements in pace. I usually drop some muscle and do actual tempo/interval training in the winter. Anyways, I'll provide some periodic updates the rest of this year. May run a 5 or 10k after I get a few training sessions in first.

TiredandHot

Reaction score
Weekly update. 43 miles done last 6 days. Did a few actual training sessions this week to begin progressing.

6 miles around 10 min mile pace, moderate intensity on Tuesday.
3 miles around 9 minute mile pace, easy Tempo on Thursday.

I could have done the above training faster, but I wasn't sure how fatigued and sore my legs would be since this is my first time in a while running faster. I seemed to have handled all the runs fine this week.

Plan is to repeat the same two sessions this week, except 20-30 seconds faster per mile. All other runs will be easy and recovery pace.

Last edited:

TiredandHot

Reaction score
Wanted to journal this as I tend to forget, and since I'm finally trying to progress i need to keep track.

Monday-7 miles easy, 11:20 pace. Boring run.
Tuesday-5.25 at 9:40 min mile, rest easy for a total of 8 miles.

I did the 5.25 miles 30 seconds faster than last week. It was not difficult to maintain, but took focus to keep on track.

After the 8 Miles, feeling like maybe I should have repeated the 10 min mile Instead. Legs feel worn out, hopefully they won't be too sore to do my next workout. My biggest road block to actual training to get faster has been lingering leg soreness. Anyways, I'll update once or twice by Sunday. If legs can go, 3 mile Tempo Thurs or Friday.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
So from an endurance perspective, how does EPO compare to cardarine?

I know on cardarine I can run, or do any form of cardio, and not feel fatigued at all. EQ gave me similar stamina for work loads, but it had diminishing returns as my RBC increased.

TiredandHot

Reaction score
So from an endurance perspective, how does EPO compare to cardarine?

I know on cardarine I can run, or do any form of cardio, and not feel fatigued at all. EQ gave me similar stamina for work loads, but it had diminishing returns as my RBC increased.
When I used cardarine years ago, I didn't notice much at all. However, I recently placed an order and should have some in a few weeks. I'll be sure to try it once i establish my 2 day hard workout training like I'm beginning on now. I think I used it when doing easy and not hard runs.

I've been off EPO for 3 weeks now. And to be honest, I'm making improvements off like I was when on. I did easily jump to 40 miles per week when I began it tho.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I used to be a fast runner. In high school I averaged around 5:10-5:15 when doing cross country (3 mile runs), and for the 1 mile on track I could hit sub 5 minutes. I hated it, but I'm naturally good at it. The cardarine just made it so I didn't hate myself while doing it.

I've run within the last year, after not training for over a decade, and averaged 6:20 miles over the course of a 5 mile run. I hated every second 😂.

It sucks that I absolutely hate the thing I'm actually good at.

TiredandHot

Reaction score
I used to be a fast runner. In high school I averaged around 5:10-5:15 when doing cross country (3 mile runs), and for the 1 mile on track I could hit sub 5 minutes. I hated it, but I'm naturally good at it. The cardarine just made it so I didn't hate myself while doing it.

I've run within the last year, after not training for over a decade, and averaged 6:20 miles over the course of a 5 mile run. I hated every second 😂.

It sucks that I absolutely hate the thing I'm actually good at.
That's crazy, you definitely have some genetics for it. My first 5k I ran like 25:30. And it took years of training to get 21:45 which was my PB before overtraining and Taking 4 years off.

Even now with a huge base of 40 mpw, I guess my 5k time today would be 24 minutes or so even with a ton of running, haha. I'm not gifted as a fast runner, but I've learned to be content and enjoy it now. I used to be way too competitive with myself.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
That's crazy, you definitely have some genetics for it. My first 5k I ran like 25:30. And it took years of training to get 21:45 which was my PB before overtraining and Taking 4 years off.

Even now with a huge base of 40 mpw, I guess my 5k time today would be 24 minutes or so even with a ton of running, haha. I'm not gifted as a fast runner, but I've learned to be content and enjoy it now. I used to be way too competitive with myself.
It's crazy to me that people enjoy running 😂. I mean maybe it's because of where I live. It's so hot and humid here 80% of the year... Like Satan's crotch or armpit or something.

The stamina did help me in boxing, but I would have traded that in a heartbeat for more power.

TiredandHot

Reaction score
So had a good Tempo run Thursday, 8 miles total. Was on track for 43 for the week.

Towards the end of my easy run Friday, noticed minor pain in my left calf. Finished the run but was painful some to walk. Saturday wasn't bad in the afternoon and like a fool, tried to run. Managed 3 miles but was a waste. Did hit the gym last 2 days tho.

Got 40 for the week, but disappointed a set back showed up. Never dealt with calf pain preventing running...had dead legs, plantar fascist, heel pain. Hoping this resolves quickly, as I'm happy with where I am and the progress I made. And the fact I just love to run.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So had a good Tempo run Thursday, 8 miles total. Was on track for 43 for the week.

Towards the end of my easy run Friday, noticed minor pain in my left calf. Finished the run but was painful some to walk. Saturday wasn't bad in the afternoon and like a fool, tried to run. Managed 3 miles but was a waste. Did hit the gym last 2 days tho.

Got 40 for the week, but disappointed a set back showed up. Never dealt with calf pain preventing running...had dead legs, plantar fascist, heel pain. Hoping this resolves quickly, as I'm happy with where I am and the progress I made. And the fact I just love to run.
Running is stupid. 😁

TiredandHot

Reaction score
So Sunday was my scheduled off day, calf was hurting. Monday was much better so ran slow. Tuesday tried faster pace and rehurt it some.

Long story short, no fast runs but got 41.8 for the week. It feels great now so I plan to resume my 2x weekly training runs. Hit gym last 2 days to retain some mass.

Hoping to see some progress this week and drop my training paces a little. We'll see...epo should Finally land this week and will resume it.

TiredandHot

Reaction score
44.5 for the week, most I've ever run. Ever since running EPO back July, I've sustained the most amount of miles without a setback. A few different injuries popped up but didn't last.

Wasn't feeling it Tuesday, but did a faster run that I think didn't accomplish much. Thursdays run was too long, legs were way more fatigued last 2 days. Not happy with my two planned days of training.

Did upper body split last 2 days, weight on the bar is the same so once a week is maintaining what I have. Finally got my EPO, hoping it's still good considering it took 5 weeks to come. Anyways, hoping my legs recover and I can start over Monday. The cold is here...favorite time to run

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Man I’ve never seen this log. I’ll have to follow. What is EPO? Only EPO I’m familiar with is all the ones my ex wife put on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiredandHot

Reaction score
Man I’ve never seen this log. I’ll have to follow. What is EPO? Only EPO I’m familiar with is all the ones my ex wife put on me

It's the drug Lance Armstrong and other cyclists were caught using. Suppose to improve endurance a few different ways, I like it because it increases my hematocrit. I struggle to keep it high because my running depletes it.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
It's the drug Lance Armstrong and other cyclists were caught using. Suppose to improve endurance a few different ways, I like it because it increases my hematocrit. I struggle to keep it high because my running depletes it.

That’s pretty cool man. I haven’t read back through your log yet. Are you training for a marathon or something like that?

TiredandHot

Reaction score
That’s pretty cool man. I haven’t read back through your log yet. Are you training for a marathon or something like that?

No specific event, just training to improve my pace per mile.

TiredandHot

Reaction score
44 miles for the week. Had a really good Tempo run Tuesday, 3.5 miles at a strong pace. But I must have ran my next 2 days a little too quick because I didn't feel recovered enough to run a 2nd training run. Rest of the week was easy running.

Hit gym as usual last 2 days too. Off tomorrow and hoping to get in 2 hard runs next week!

New Threads