The log of a guy trying to be a Hero

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
I love to see the resolve to get better. My only comment is that this is a lot of volume (IMO) for someone that hasn’t lifted in 2 years and for two complete beginners. How is everyone holding up after the third week?
Well for me it’s been cake, not my first rodeo. For the newbies it’s been great to watch. One is a ectomorph the other a endomorph so one is showing gains already and the other will be showing once he drops the weight.

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
I think it's fine as long as the weight is reduced. I think people starting out should be lifting light, practicing form, and volume should be medium to high.

My reasoning is that the more often you perform a pattern, your CNS adapts and gets better at the pattern.

However, I stress that I think the high volume is fine provided the weight is low.
Exactly. I try to stress to the guys form over weight.

sfw509

Reaction score
Glad your here. Looks like a solid plan bro. Ill be following along.

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
Ok so this morning workout I definitely notice my strength increasing slowly. I still can’t lift what I was lifting ten years ago but every rep is quality. It’s only week four tho. Chest is tomorrow I’ll try to push my bench to 185

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
Today was definitely the best and hardest workout. I made it a point for us to increase weight and it paid dividends. My calorie intake was a little more than usual the day before and I needed it. I hit 175 on the incline bench 10 lbs short of my mark. But the squeeze and pump I got was amazing. I’m wondering if it’s because I ate a little more salt the day before. Shawn Roden says that he uses extra salt to get a little better pump, idk. Also I wonder if corn is a solid source of carbs? Better than rice? Or potatoes? The question I’m asking myself is what is the most efficient form of carbs? On a bulk I cram pasta but that’s not me anymore or at least right now. Tomorrow is legs and I’m definitely increasing the lbs week 4 is the week of strength!

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
This morning as I was getting ready to go to the gym I heard my gf/fiancé sobbing silently on the other side of the bed. We have been going thru some serious problems but as a man I cannot ignore her. We had a tear filed heart to heart until the sun came up. I wake up at 430 mind you. I missed my morning workout but I gained something more important. Peace with the mother of my child. There is much to be said about the mental and physical parts of bodybuilding but few speak of the spiritual aspect. The soul. I swear sometimes a barbell feels like an extension of my soul, making me stronger by giving me blessed pain. Through pain comes discipline, and I am thankful for God’s firm hand. Tomorrow is shoulders. Bring on the pain

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
It happened this morning on the reverse machine flys with 115 lbs. I felt my breaking point. On the fourth squeeze I had to look within my self for the strength to finish, it was the third set of four. The wall that had to be broken through felt like a microcosm of what’s been going on in my life. I thought about why I’m doing this to myself. I want to be a hero to my daughter. I want to show her that she can do anything, I want to build my body back up and even though I’m just a Securtity guard I want to be the best security guard on earth. With these thoughts in my head I was able to squeeze out 4 more reps making 8, I had 4 more to reach twelve. I said a prayer. (My mother passed away from cancer in 2019 and I haven’t prayed since). For the better part of 14 years all I’ve known is strength. My 23-24 year old self was 270 pounds of monstrous power who could rep 225 on the bench 20 times. My 34 year old self is more of a disciplined sage weighing 210 pounds focusing on perfect form. I have to be honest I miss my raw power. But have gained a certain type of piety through this process. I am a monk, training mind, body, and soul. After this exercise My shoulders were shot. I powered thru the rest of the workout though I couldn’t lift to heavy of a weight for too long.
Time under tension is what I believe builds quality muscle, so I’ve never been the kind of guy to just throw around weights. I believe when a veteran bodybuilder trains every rep looks the the same, like a machine, regardless of how heavy or light the weight is.
My calorie intake has been a little lower. I feel as though it’s the carbs. I have to get them dialed in. Tomorrow is arms, my favorite day.

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
Hopefully with this I solved my carb problem
FF89C903-1323-4E41-A664-DF68E9522F88.jpeg

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
Are you familiar with miracle noodles and miracle rice?

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
sorry its been a few days since ive posted guys but i have something great for the community

The Law of Equal Exchange- "In order to gain something; something of greater or equal value must be given up"

This applies to every facet of our lives but as bodybuilders, weight lifters and trainers it applies to us even more. We make sacrifices to improve ourselves hoping that our efforts are not in vain. We eat healthy and often, stay in and sleep while our friends party, pass on the alcohol, and suffer under crippling pounds day after day in hopes that we will be just a little better than we were yesterday. The best of us are hero's, even the worst of us have to work hard to gain anything. Thats why it boggles my mind when people think they can disrespect the craft by taking short cuts. Hopping on gear when dues have not been paid, expecting to grow on 3,000 calories a day ( i just chuckled to myself). I remember myself at age 22. I had been lifting for 4 years consistently, saw guys on gear and said hell yea I need some of that...at first. Until i was informed by my cousin's bodybuilder friend that what i had coursing through my body at the time bodybuilders would kill for. So with his advice I stayed natural. I'm glad I did. I wasn't ready to show anabolics the proper respect they deserve. My diet was the eat everything diet. I could easily sit down and eat an entire box of tastycake krimpets and justify it with the fact that i could lift heavy weights. So many people neglect the discipline and just think that drugs will give them the fuel for their ego's. I look at anabolics as a holy sacrament, when used properly they have the ability to change your life as well as your family's for the better. When abused they can kill you. I've spent years doing research and I believe I will be ready for that leap once my bodyfat drops. I would want to get as lean as possible before I even touch gear. My diet is finally spot on and I am making leaps and bounds with my discipline. at 34 years old i definitely feel a difference in my strength and i'm positive my test has dipped. In my industry which is security in order to fully support my family I need to be my physical best. I would never use anabolics for cosmetic reasons, but if it comes with an ability to provide for my family better i am wholeheartedly willing to accept any outcome or possible side effect that comes with it. 100 percent, no doubts in my mind at all. With that being said I am not hopping on right now, I still have alot of prep work to do before hand. Most notably more meditation to help control the ups and downs of my hormones changing. I met with a TRT doctor and I am going tomorrow to get bloodwork done and see where my test levels are.

On another note i am hitting walls in the gym but mitigating them with drop sets. my 2 buddies are doing great, I am so happy to see their progress, they are changing rapidly but this is to be expected since they never touched a weight before. Some days I am so damn hungry and i sometimes cheat with a PB&J sandwich. I know it doesnt seem like much but I am thankful for each and every one of you guys who are following my journey. I am just a guy who's trying to be a hero. I never had one but I WILL be one for my daughter and all the people out there who need one. Gotta be the change you wanna see in the world.

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
I definitely need to humble myself a bit, and not lose sight of the process. It seems as though my hunger for my former strength is causing a conflict within myself. I'm almost forgetting why I'm training. To get my discipline back and save my life and my loved one's lives the only way I know how. Pain is my catharsis, i've always been able to withstand physical pain really well. That's how I always made my body grow. But as I lift now it just doesn't feel the same. I'm having an issue I've never had before; pushing past the pain of heavy weights. In other words I need to be at my physical best but I am at a time where I have never been this weak. This is the middle of a beginner's workout plan, week 5 of 10. I've gotten stronger but incrementally. This is what people mean by hitting your genetic limit i guess.I just thought since i've been lifting for so long my body wouldn't have these problems. It's gonna be interesting to see the results of my labs, i still have to get them done, most likely thursday. The receptionist at the TRT doc sent me to the wrong lab

New Threads