Trendkill's Training Journal

Thewall

Elite
Reaction score
Had to post these pics too. This is my 17 year old. Currently 6ft 210lbs. Benched his first 300 last week. Squats 435 with the SSB off a box and hit 405 x 8 deadlifts a couple weeks ago. Kid is a machine and I'm very proud of him. Here he is doing dips with 100lbs of chain on his "off" day.
View attachment 23987View attachment 23988View attachment 23989View attachment 23990
Nice bro. Got him right in the game. Can’t wait till my son is ready. Kid is looking jacked

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
Nice bro. Got him right in the game. Can’t wait till my son is ready. Kid is looking jacked
Thanks man. He’s a hard worker and puts in the effort in the gym and the kitchen.

Trendkill

Reaction score
Max Lower

Box squat with Marrs bar
605 x 1
655 x 1
700 x miss
Was squatting in the rack and set the mono hooks too high. Put mats under my feet to boost me up and forgot to add them to the box to keep the height the same. Plopped a lot lower then I intended the first time. Unloaded everything setup everything at the right height and then missed it again halfway up. I’m a dumbass.
Next time.

Kneeling squat with SSB
430 x 10
480 x 8
520 x 6

weighted wheelbarrow carry
540 x 90ft
600 x 135 ft
600 x 135 ft

Hatfield back raise
70 x 3 x 15

took about 9 hours to cool down.

Achillesking

I ❤️ The Golden Girls
Reaction score
Had to post these pics too. This is my 17 year old. Currently 6ft 210lbs. Benched his first 300 last week. Squats 435 with the SSB off a box and hit 405 x 8 deadlifts a couple weeks ago. Kid is a machine and I'm very proud of him. Here he is doing dips with 100lbs of chain on his "off" day.
View attachment 23987View attachment 23988View attachment 23989View attachment 23990
Your son looks good man. It makes me happy to see a father pass it along. Good for you both !

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Going to take a psycho holiday when I get done using my primal concrete sledge.
The boys played Hellfest last week ,,picture this ,, A skinny Kirk and a FAT Phil ... dude ,, I never met Phils dad ,, but lemme tell ya ,,, You can get a good idea what Mr Anselmo looked like haaahahah holy fuck. ... ok well not skinny kirk , but he aint 300 fucking lbs no more

Trendkill

Reaction score
Need to get my lifts up lol
Keep the conjugate going and you’ll be there in no time.
Your son looks good man. It makes me happy to see a father pass it along. Good for you both !
Thanks man. He’s been with me in the gym since he was 12. It’s crazy to look back on some old vids I have of him and compare to what he is now.
The boys played Hellfest last week ,,picture this ,, A skinny Kirk and a FAT Phil ... dude ,, I never met Phils dad ,, but lemme tell ya ,,, You can get a good idea what Mr Anselmo looked like haaahahah holy fuck. ... ok well not skinny kirk , but he aint 300 fucking lbs no more
This is all backwards. I can’t even picture a skinny Kirk. Now fat Phil I’ve seen a bit too much of on you tube. Less booze more boxing or whatever he used to do. I saw they had been rehearsing but I didn’t know they played this festival. Would have been cool to see it. To bad Rex wasn’t there. Can you imagine a fat Rex?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Keep the conjugate going and you’ll be there in no time.

Thanks man. He’s been with me in the gym since he was 12. It’s crazy to look back on some old vids I have of him and compare to what he is now.

This is all backwards. I can’t even picture a skinny Kirk. Now fat Phil I’ve seen a bit too much of on you tube. Less booze more boxing or whatever he used to do. I saw they had been rehearsing but I didn’t know they played this festival. Would have been cool to see it. To bad Rex wasn’t there. Can you imagine a fat Rex?
Fat Rex would put me in hysterics , I would bust his balls so hard. Christ he's gota be 60 or close by now. He's been through hell n back too over the years.

Trendkill

Reaction score
Fat Rex would put me in hysterics , I would bust his balls so hard. Christ he's gota be 60 or close by now. He's been through hell n back too over the years.
I gotta read his book.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I gotta read his book.
Rex has got a great sense of humor. We were in New York for the shows at Roseland ballroom and went to the Limelight to party a bit.
He and I leave the VIP lounge and head to the pisser , there's this kid fucked up in the hallway standing there and he's got on a Pantera shirt ...
Rex says ,, hey man nice shirt ! and gives him a nod ... that kids face went every where it had never been before as he realized who he was looking at and he blurts out HEYYY MAN!!! we just kept goin on our way ,, funny as fuck.

That was the night I kept HA from wrecking Vinnie ... fucking as tense a situation as I ever want to never be in again .. but thats another story

Trendkill

Reaction score
Rex has got a great sense of humor. We were in New York for the shows at Roseland ballroom and went to the Limelight to party a bit.
He and I leave the VIP lounge and head to the pisser , there's this kid fucked up in the hallway standing there and he's got on a Pantera shirt ...
Rex says ,, hey man nice shirt ! and gives him a nod ... that kids face went every where it had never been before as he realized who he was looking at and he blurts out HEYYY MAN!!! we just kept goin on our way ,, funny as fuck.

That was the night I kept HA from wrecking Vinnie ... fucking as tense a situation as I ever want to never be in again .. but thats another story
We need to hear the HA/Vinnie story. I think you may have told me but I don't remember all of it.

Also @notsoswoleCPA has some good Anselmo stories. He shared a bottle of Jaeger with him at a bar once.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Same night later on , we had been putting down the booze and I got some really good indoor from uptown to puff on. Were down smoking one with the DJ over lookin the main dance floor and then we head back up to VIP , Me , Dime n Vinnie , one of the guys from the management company and my room mate who was their company rep.

Vinnie see's a few of the HA , its all good ,, well the crazy fucker starts like a kid laughing and taking ice out of his drink and throwing it at them. Just like a fucking kid in the lunch room , chuck one and play it off look away , lean over , scratch his belly what ever and hes laughing ,, like red faced.

Dime leans over to me with this look of terror on his face ,, first time I had ever really seen that. The quote i'll never forget as his eyes met mine ... Their gonna kill my brother aint they dude ? .. haaahahah ... fuck me running.

We move to the VIP area of the VIP lounge in behind some closed curtains , I sucked down my drink checked my balls and went over to them.

Hey fellas sorry to bother you ,,, dude , I felt like a rare steak that had been thrown into a lions den when they turned around ... I got a really good friend thats been trying to get your attention but he cant just come over ,, he would love to meet you fellas ... I get the look , yeah who ,, and I motion and we go over

Once they realized what was up and who they were talking to it was all handshakes n hugs , rounds of drinks. It was all good in the hood.

I tell ya that was one of the tensest moments I never wanna live through again.

PS - that smoke ,, 3rd joint Dime waved me off ,, Dude, *hand on my shoulder* I cant smoke no more of that shit !!!

Trendkill

Reaction score
I could read shit like this all day. Dime is right at the top of my all time people I wish I could have met.

New Threads