Trendkill's Training Journal

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Max Lower

Rack pull pin 2 against double mini bands (220 top/110 bot)
455 x 1
495 x 1
Not a PR but very happy with my technique. Upper back strength and grip has improved from all the weighted carries. No rounding over in the thoracic spine. Time to hit the low back harder.

RDL - same setup as above (260 top/110 bot with conventional stance)
315 x 3 x 3
Was supposed to finish up stiff leg deads this week but I got lazy and just used this setup instead. Again, very happy with improvements to upper back strength. Lockout on these was 575 and there was no way I was doing that for reps with RDLs in the past. Upper back would usually give out.

Wheel Barrow Carries
655 x 3 x 180ft
Blew up the back and grip

45 degree back extension with SSB on back
3 x 10
For added punishment I did not take the bar off my back in between sets

Standing ab pulldowns
120 x 3 x 10
Right on man !! 655x3 hahaha fucking beast

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I feel like the most green apprentice on a construction site. "Hey you, ya you, dumbass, haul these wheel barrows full of concrete back and forth all day. Thanks."
That was my job !!!!

I shit you not , true story ,, old man wakes me up ,, come on your going to work with me today ,,, Cool what am I doing ,,, we got 30 yds of gravel coming in , I'm gonna let you run the antique dump truck and that old wooden boom back hoe ... see if you cant get it taken care of today

Yes Sir ,, and he smiled .....

Wheel barrow and Shovel ....... a fucking wheel barrow and shovel

Stickler

Elite
Reaction score
Wheel barrow and Shovel ....... a fucking wheel barrow and shovel
Yeeeeah, I got suckered into that too. Except mine was wheel barrows full of crush n run, and brick pavers for a huge patio.

I was on winny tabs amongst other things and got so dehydrated my entire abdomen and legs cramped at the same time once we got into the truck and blasted the AC. Everyone but me thought it was hilarious to see me lock completely up and go into a panic.

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
I got stuck doing that in Mexico building a foundation for a church building. Here, mix 9 yards by hand then haul it over to the guy doing the foundation. Ummm, ok. Had a little help from another friend but shit what a day that was.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
That's the tip of the iceberg. Lou did a great job of making his information freely available to anyone that would listen. Just go to westside-barbell.com and check out the articles and blogs. If you're interested in reading a few books that he used to develop his system I would highly recommend the first edition of "Science and Practice of Strength Training" by Vladimir Zatsiorsky. There are now 3 editions of this book but I've only read the first edition and it is excellent. If you really want to challenge your brain even more check out "Supertraining" by Mel Siff.
Fun fact one of my clients was mentored by Zatsiorsky. Westside also has there own book which puts it all together for you if you don't want to sift through articles.

Trendkill

Reaction score
Max Upper

Another kind of a shit upper body day 🤬

2 board press
worked up to 365 x 3 and shut it down there

Close grip bench
275 x 8, 7, 7

Seated dumbbell press
80 x 11, 9

Band assisted pullups
3 x 8

Chest supported dumbbell rear delt raise
25 x 16, 12, 9

meh

Trendkill

Reaction score
Dynamic Lower

Had a good one today. Once my hips got loose everything felt really solid

Box squat with Marrs bar and chain
405 + 200lbs chain x 10 x 2

Deadlift
455 x 3 x 5
Was supposed to do 8 doubles but the weight was moving so well I just said screw it and did 5s.

Reverse hyper
320 x 3 x 15

Wheelbarrow carries
405 x 900 ft (PR? I don't track them for this but I've never gone this far on a single set before)
405 x 540ft
@Joliver you flaked. Now you owe me $8 and a cheeseburger.

I had the soothing vocals of Tom Araya and the lyrical poetry of Kerry King accompany me today:

You self righteous fuck
Give me a reason not to rip your fucking face off
Why don't you take a good look in these eyes
Cause I'm the one that's gonna tear your fucking heart out
My hate is contagious
You've got no one to run to
Exile

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Just catching up on your log. Some heavy pulls for 3 sets of 5 man. Awesome that they felt easier than expected. Good call on the change. I feel like you may have been a little disappointed in yourself if you had stuck with the doubles. When the weight feels good, it’s hard not to push it man. It’s not often you get those days when it just feels lighter. I’ve literally changed my entire workout plan for a day when that shit happens. Good music choice too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trendkill

Reaction score
Just catching up on your log. Some heavy pulls for 3 sets of 5 man. Awesome that they felt easier than expected. Good call on the change. I feel like you may have been a little disappointed in yourself if you had stuck with the doubles. When the weight feels good, it’s hard not to push it man. It’s not often you get those days when it just feels lighter. I’ve literally changed my entire workout plan for a day when that shit happens. Good music choice too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve been increasing the volume on my squats and pulls on the dynamic day and for some reason I just didn’t feel like eight doubles. Total spur of the moment and no rhyme or reason. Felt good though.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
You have mail. Not guaranteeing it’s not nudes.

New Threads