WARNING TO ALL BODYBUILDERS (IMPORTANT CHOICE)

Eric Smith

Elite
Reaction score
To take insulin or not? You hear all kind of rumors, but no one wants to break down the science or back up their rumors. I know a few that are true. (I DO CAUTION! ALL BB EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS AND 5000 OR MORE CALORIES A DAY AND WALKING AROUND WITH 150,175 AND 200 BLOOD READINGS ALL DAY. YOU ARE CRUISING FOR A BRUSING. YOU ARE MAKING PRE-RESERVATION FOR TYPE II DIABETES. IT'S NOT IF? IT'S WHEN. 5 years ago. I had to make a choice. At 6'4 295- off season. The older I got the tougher it was for me to cut weight. At 295 lbs I was doing 2 hours cardio mid-day and 2 hours before bed. I was taking ton of clen and fat burners. My in-laws own abroad pharma(s). I always had access to real gear. I could not figure it out. I mapped my food, workouts every year to a (T). One day I'm in the pharma. My father in-law said let's check your sugar. After two- three hours each meal. My blood sugar was 165-170. Then it would spike during workouts and fasting it was 185-200. I'm still a young buck. No family history of these issue.

After this my father in-law had me take a very low dose of fast insulin. It was like 2-3 units vs the 75-90 grams of carbs which I was eating, my first four meals. This did absolutely nothing! After upping my dose slowly and taking a Accu-check blood stick 15 mins after the insulin. After seeing how fast the insulin worked with me and my carb intake. I later was able to cut my carbs down and cut back on the insulin and I grew like a baby giraffe. I only used it to push nutrients into my cells. I even got cocky and began using 1 1/2 before workouts (BUT ALWAYS MAKING SURE MY BLOOD READINGS WAS 130 ect Leaving me enough to fuel my workouts. Filling each muscle belly and obtaining the best pump. Beware 65--90 is to low for normal activities and you should never workout at this level. 100 blood stick readings and a little over is pretty much ok during the day but if you have a heavy leg day or your working. Get that sucker up to 130-140. To fuel you. The longer your levels are high. This is when the nerve damage, kidneys and dehydration sets in. Sometimes at night you may pee, 15-20 times at night, (no exaggeration). This is the kidneys trying to remove the extra sugar. It's dehydrating you and burning your kidneys out. Lot of guys mistake it for prostate issues.
A1C aka hemoglobin or Hb1Ac. This measures your average blood sugar levels over 3 months. This test will diagnose prediabetes and diabetes. I'm not advising to take insulin or not to. I just want to warn please get a ACCu-Chek from amazon or Ebay and keep a check on your sugar level readings. If you need to supplement. Please understand the negative part of not keeping sugar levels in check. You don't have to do year around. When you want to put on size or to counter balance the HGH which will also raise sugar levels you understand why your doing it. HGH and insulin works well. But never take both at the same time. Take HGH on empty stomach but then check your levels after HGH. Because if you have too high sugar levels doing your growth injections. I think your wasting your HGH; this is a whole different topic. (PLEASE DON'T WALK AROUND WITH HIGH BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS). Plese read below Educate.

1. The Role of Insulin in Building Muscle (and Bodybuilding) When glucose levels rise after eating, the pancreas releases insulin in order to drive glucose into the liver, muscles, and fat cells. Generally, high insulin levels cause a decrease in muscle and fat breakdown and a corresponding increase in muscle building and fat storage.

2. High blood sugar can lead to nerve damage called diabetic neuropathy. You can prevent it or slow its progress by keeping your blood sugar as close to your target range as possible and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Managing your blood sugar is an essential part of your diabetes care plan.at do bodybuilders use insulin for?
Bodybuilding is a task that needs a lot of maintenance and effort. Starting from heavy workouts, weight and strength training, strict diets, to taking medicines and steroids, bodybuilding is quite a task.

Bodybuilders are always searching for building and maintaining their muscles, and insulin is an agent that helps with this.

Just because insulin resembles the functions of other anabolic hormones, it is also said to fall under that category. However, insulin is not a steroid.

Anabolic hormones play a major role in keeping the body muscled and tough. That is why steroids often have a crucial part to play for bodybuilders.

Apart from anabolic growth and other hormones that help build muscles, bodybuilders also resort to insulin to keep the muscles maintained and avoid break down.

Insulin is a natural hormone produced by the body that helps absorb nutrients from the body. This is prescribed to diabetes patients who have trouble with either insulin production or functioning that causes improper digestion of carbohydrates in the body, raising sugar levels.

See also 6 Little known Diabetes Symptoms
Insulin is given as a medical routine to diabetic patients to ensure that the sugars in the body are absorbed well.

Bodybuilders make use of this insulin for other reasons. It helps them to improve the absorption of nutrients in the muscles faster after workouts. This is primarily why bodybuilders use insulin.

As a peptide hormone, it assists in the quicker absorption of nutrients such as fats and proteins in the body. These are necessary nutrients, especially for fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders.

In addition to this, insulin also prevents or delays the breakdown of protein, fats, and glycogen in the body. This helps in the retention of mass in the muscles. In addition, this helps in muscle protein synthesis.

Glycogen is a carbohydrate stored in the muscles. Retaining this helps to keep the muscles fuller. This is why insulin is taken after workouts to promote glycogen storage.

In addition to this, when insulin is combined with other anabolic steroids and growth hormones, it can enhance their overall performance.

Although muscle gaining by insulin is not a much-recommended process, it can have significant harm on the body if not done with precautions.

Insulin is a pharmaceutical drug that aims to control and lower rising blood sugars in the body. However, over-exploitation or unfamiliar usage of this hormone can lead to lower blood sugar levels that can cause other health risks.

Hypoglycemia is a common effect of insulin abuse where one can commonly experience:

• Fatigue
  • Nausea
  • Drowsiness
  • Hunger
  • Trembling
And so on.

Therefore, insulin must be used in control when aimed at muscle gaining. Otherwise, it can be dangerous or even fatal.

Does insulin make you gain weight?

As we already saw in the previous section, one side effect of insulin is that it can result in weight gain.

This is commonly seen among diabetic individuals who take insulin. Moreover, this is also a serious issue as keeping the body weight under control is a major necessity for diabetic patients.

But how does insulin make you gain weight?

Insulin works to regulate the blood glucose levels in the body properly. The function of insulin is to absorb glucose in the cells of the body. However, the extra presence of glucose in the body’s cells can turn it into fat.

See also What Chinese Foods can I eat with diabetes? Safer Foods List
Too much presence of glucose gradually converts into fat and gives rise to weight gain. But keeping track of your calories and blood sugars can help to reduce these side effects.

Regular activity and exercises not only help to maintain your diabetes but also help with tackling weight gain due to insulin.

The dosages must be done correctly to avoid more such symptoms and promote healthier overall body management. Your healthcare team can assist you with added methods of keeping your body weight stable and under normal margins.

It is all about a careful routine and a healthy lifestyle.

Does injecting insulin build muscle?

Insulin injections in the body are often used for muscle gains. This is said to work and is also thus considered as a supplement for muscle growth.

Injecting insulin in the body assists in the synthesis of muscle proteins. This is what leads to adding more volume to the muscles. Hence, insulin injections are often used by bodybuilders.

On top of this, insulin injections also help retain muscle gains as they prevent the breakdown of these proteins. Therefore, the muscles can be maintained and preserved.

As discussed in the previous sections, insulin helps in the faster absorption of nutrients that help build muscles, such as fats and proteins.

These effects of insulin have been proven by studies as well. However, to include these gains, it is necessary to take all precautions and avoid any potential risks.

Attachments

• CARBS INSULIN.jpg
    CARBS INSULIN.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
To take insulin or not? You hear all kind of rumors, but no one wants to break the science or back up their rumors. I know a few that are true. (I DO CAUTION! ALL BB EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS AND 5000 OR MORE CALORIES A DAY AND WALKING AROUND WITH 150,175 AND 200 BLOOD READINGS ALL DAY. YOU ARE CRUISING FOR A BRUSING. YOU ARE MAKING PRE-RESERVATION FOR TYPE II DIABETES. IT'S NOT IF? IT'S WHEN. 5 years ago. I had to make a choice. At 6'4 295- off season. The older I got the tougher it was for me to cut weight. At 295 lbs I was doing 2 hours cardio mid-day and 2 hours before bed. I was taking ton of clen and fat burners. My in-laws own abroad pharma(s). I always had access to real gear. I could not figure it out. I mapped my food, workouts every year to a (T). One day I'm in the pharma. My father in-law said let's check your sugar. After two- three hours each meal. My blood sugar was 165-170. Then it would spike during workouts and fasting it was 185-200. I'm still a young buck. No family history of these issue.

After this my father in-law had me take a very low dose of fast insulin. It was like 2-3 units vs the 75-90 grams of carbs which I was eating, my first four meals. This did absolutely nothing! After upping my dose slowly and taking a Accu-check blood stick 15 mins after the insulin. After seeing how fast the insulin worked with me and my carb intake. I later was able to cut my carbs down and cut back on the insulin and I grew like a baby giraffe. I only used it to push nutrients into my cells. I even got cocky and began using 1 1/2 before workouts (BUT ALWAYS MAKING SURE MY BLOOD READINGS WAS 130 ect Leaving me enough to fuel my workouts. Filling each muscle belly and obtaining the best pump. Beware 65--90 is to low for normal activities and you should never workout at this level. 100 blood stick readings and a little over is pretty much ok during the day but if you have a heavy leg day or your working. Get that sucker up to 130-140. To fuel you. The longer your levels are high. This is when the nerve damage, kidneys and dehydration sets in. Sometimes at night you may pee, 15-20 times at not, (no exaggeration). This is the kidneys trying to remove the extra sugar. It's dehydrating you and burning your kidneys out. Lot of guys mistake take it for prostate issues.
A1C aka hemoglobin or Hb1Ac. This measures your average blood sugar levels over 3 months. This test will diagnose prediabetes and diabetes. I'm not advising to take insulin or not to. I just want to warn please get a ACCu-Chek from amazon or Ebay and keep a check on your sugar level readings. If you need to supplement. Please understand the negative part of not keeping sugar levels in check. You don't have to do year around. When you want to put on size or to counter balance the HGH which will also raise sugar levels you understand why your doing it. HGH and insulin works well. But never take both at the same time. Take HGH on empty stomach but then check your levels after HGH. Because if you have too high sugar levels doing your growth injections. I think your wasting your HGH; this is a whole different topic. (PLEASE DON'T WALK AROUND WITH HIGH BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS). Plese read below Educate.

1. The Role of Insulin in Building Muscle (and Bodybuilding) When glucose levels rise after eating, the pancreas releases insulin in order to drive glucose into the liver, muscles, and fat cells. Generally, high insulin levels cause a decrease in muscle and fat breakdown and a corresponding increase in muscle building and fat storage.

2. High blood sugar can lead to nerve damage called diabetic neuropathy. You can prevent it or slow its progress by keeping your blood sugar as close to your target range as possible and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Managing your blood sugar is an essential part of your diabetes care plan.at do bodybuilders use insulin for?
Bodybuilding is a task that needs a lot of maintenance and effort. Starting from heavy workouts, weight and strength training, strict diets, to taking medicines and steroids, bodybuilding is quite a task.

Bodybuilders are always searching for building and maintaining their muscles, and insulin is an agent that helps with this.

Just because insulin resembles the functions of other anabolic hormones, it is also said to fall under that category. However, insulin is not a steroid.

Anabolic hormones play a major role in keeping the body muscled and tough. That is why steroids often have a crucial part to play for bodybuilders.

Apart from anabolic growth and other hormones that help build muscles, bodybuilders also resort to insulin to keep the muscles maintained and avoid break down.

Insulin is a natural hormone produced by the body that helps absorb nutrients from the body. This is prescribed to diabetes patients who have trouble with either insulin production or functioning that causes improper digestion of carbohydrates in the body, raising sugar levels.

See also 6 Little known Diabetes Symptoms
Insulin is given as a medical routine to diabetic patients to ensure that the sugars in the body are absorbed well.

Bodybuilders make use of this insulin for other reasons. It helps them to improve the absorption of nutrients in the muscles faster after workouts. This is primarily why bodybuilders use insulin.

As a peptide hormone, it assists in the quicker absorption of nutrients such as fats and proteins in the body. These are necessary nutrients, especially for fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders.

In addition to this, insulin also prevents or delays the breakdown of protein, fats, and glycogen in the body. This helps in the retention of mass in the muscles. In addition, this helps in muscle protein synthesis.

Glycogen is a carbohydrate stored in the muscles. Retaining this helps to keep the muscles fuller. This is why insulin is taken after workouts to promote glycogen storage.

In addition to this, when insulin is combined with other anabolic steroids and growth hormones, it can enhance their overall performance.

Although muscle gaining by insulin is not a much-recommended process, it can have significant harm on the body if not done with precautions.

Insulin is a pharmaceutical drug that aims to control and lower rising blood sugars in the body. However, over-exploitation or unfamiliar usage of this hormone can lead to lower blood sugar levels that can cause other health risks.

Hypoglycemia is a common effect of insulin abuse where one can commonly experience:

• Fatigue
  • Nausea
  • Drowsiness
  • Hunger
  • Trembling
And so on.

Therefore, insulin must be used in control when aimed at muscle gaining. Otherwise, it can be dangerous or even fatal.

Does insulin make you gain weight?

As we already saw in the previous section, one side effect of insulin is that it can result in weight gain.

This is commonly seen among diabetic individuals who take insulin. Moreover, this is also a serious issue as keeping the body weight under control is a major necessity for diabetic patients.

But how does insulin make you gain weight?

Insulin works to regulate the blood glucose levels in the body properly. The function of insulin is to absorb glucose in the cells of the body. However, the extra presence of glucose in the body’s cells can turn it into fat.

See also What Chinese Foods can I eat with diabetes? Safer Foods List
Too much presence of glucose gradually converts into fat and gives rise to weight gain. But keeping track of your calories and blood sugars can help to reduce these side effects.

Regular activity and exercises not only help to maintain your diabetes but also help with tackling weight gain due to insulin.

The dosages must be done correctly to avoid more such symptoms and promote healthier overall body management. Your healthcare team can assist you with added methods of keeping your body weight stable and under normal margins.

It is all about a careful routine and a healthy lifestyle.

Does injecting insulin build muscle?

Insulin injections in the body are often used for muscle gains. This is said to work and is also thus considered as a supplement for muscle growth.

Injecting insulin in the body assists in the synthesis of muscle proteins. This is what leads to adding more volume to the muscles. Hence, insulin injections are often used by bodybuilders.

On top of this, insulin injections also help retain muscle gains as they prevent the breakdown of these proteins. Therefore, the muscles can be maintained and preserved.

As discussed in the previous sections, insulin helps in the faster absorption of nutrients that help build muscles, such as fats and proteins.

These effects of insulin have been proven by studies as well. However, to include these gains, it is necessary to take all precautions and avoid any potential risks.

Awesome post
Thanks

Reaction score
Works great, but dangerous as fuck if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Unless competing at a top level, there’s really no excuse to give yourself that kind of risk (unless medically needed of course)

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

Unless competing at a top level, there’s really no excuse to give yourself that kind of risk (unless medically needed of course)
It's not that dangerous. You have to try extremely hard to fuck up quick acting insulin.

Start at low IU per 10g of carbs, titrate up little by little, and measure blood glucose at 1 hour, 2 hour, and 3 hour intervals until you find your sweet spot. Always keep glucose tabs on hand, or some kind of sugary candy.

Symptoms of low blood sugar are impossible to miss. I have messed up a couple of times and had my BG in the 30's. I never had a problem getting up to eat glucose tabs or sugar to fix it very quickly.

I always wonder if the people who preach how dangerous insulin is have ever actually used it.

And before you get up in arms and start feeling attacked.. I'm not picking on you. I've seen plenty of people say the same thing, and in my direct hands on experience it simply isn't dangerous if you take a measured approach to get yourself dialed in.

Insulin has been safe in my experience, and actually takes a lot of stress off the pancreas during a bulk.

Contrary to Eric, I find that I actually feel my best with my BG being around 90 before I start lifting. If I'm not lifting, then I feel good with anything between 75 - 90. I'm thinking this is an individual thing.

Reaction score
It's not that dangerous. You have to try extremely hard to fuck up quick acting insulin.

Start at low IU per 10g of carbs, titrate up little by little, and measure blood glucose at 1 hour, 2 hour, and 3 hour intervals until you find your sweet spot. Always keep glucose tabs on hand, or some kind of sugary candy.

Symptoms of low blood sugar are impossible to miss. I have messed up a couple of times and had my BG in the 30's. I never had a problem getting up to eat glucose tabs or sugar to fix it very quickly.

I always wonder if the people who preach how dangerous insulin is have ever actually used it.

And before you get up in arms and start feeling attacked.. I'm not picking on you. I've seen plenty of people say the same thing, and in my direct hands on experience it simply isn't dangerous if you take a measured approach to get yourself dialed in.

Insulin has been safe in my experience, and actually takes a lot of stress off the pancreas during a bulk.

Contrary to Eric, I find that I actually feel my best with my BG being around 90 before I start lifting. If I'm not lifting, then I feel good with anything between 75 - 90. I'm thinking this is an individual thing.

Interesting, I was pretty much just regurgitating information I’ve heard on it from those that have been on, as yes, I haven’t ran it.

So i’ll take the input from you as someone who actually used it. I should probably do more research then, as It’s one of the only compounds I don’t know enough about, but heard to stay away from it from many. Possibly they were just using it incorrectly.

Thanks for the info, i’m intrigued to learn more about it now.

Do you think the reward of it outweighs the potential stress of having to think about your blood sugar levels daily? Genuine question.

I just can’t see it being effective for people who work in a business atmosphere having to worry about passing out in a meeting or be that guy having to unwrap a candy in a meeting? I could be misinformed and wrong, but that’s sort of my current viewpoint.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Interesting, I was pretty much just regurgitating information I’ve heard on it from those that have been on, as yes, I haven’t ran it.

So i’ll take the input from you as someone who actually used it. I should probably do more research then, as It’s one of the only compounds I don’t know enough about, but heard to stay away from it from many. Possibly they were just using it incorrectly.

Do you think the reward of it outweighs the potential stress of having to think about your blood sugar levels daily? Genuine question.

I just can’t see it being effective for people who work in a business atmosphere having to worry about passing out in a meeting or be that guy having to unwrap a candy in a meeting? I could be misinformed and wrong, but that’s sort of my current viewpoint.
I think it's worth it if someone is running a heavy bulk. Chronic high blood sugar causes all kinds of stress and disease to our bodies; just like Eric laid out. It's possible to burn out beta cells in the pancreas, especially with how carb heavy some of us go on a bulk. This is no good since those are the pancreatic cells that produce our insulin. Even though exogenous insulin will help pack on mass, I also think of it as an ancilliary.

Taking exogenous insulin makes it so that you aren't constantly hammering and abusing your pancreas for more insulin. Eventually, if you are bulking hard enough, it will not be able to keep up and your blood sugar will get worse and worse.

I'm not advocating people rush out to take it, but I think many people misunderstand it and give insulin a bad rap as being "dangerous". I used to be one of those guys.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I should add that my reference of "bulking hard" is dependent on each person's natural insulin response and sensitivity.

For one guy that might be 800g of carbs, and for another guy it could be 400g of carbs. The only way to know is the regularly measure blood sugar to see how high it is with whatever diet the person is running.

Reaction score
I think it's worth it if someone is running a heavy bulk. Chronic high blood sugar causes all kinds of stress and disease to our bodies; just like Eric laid out. It's possible to burn out beta cells in the pancreas, especially with how carb heavy some of us go on a bulk. This is no good since those are the pancreatic cells that produce our insulin. Even though exogenous insulin will help pack on mass, I also think of it as an ancilliary.

Taking exogenous insulin makes it so that you aren't constantly hammering and abusing your pancreas for more insulin. Eventually, if you are bulking hard enough, it will not be able to keep up and your blood sugar will get worse and worse.

I'm not advocating people rush out to take it, but I think many people misunderstand it and give insulin a bad rap as being "dangerous". I used to be one of those guys.

Good info here. Thank you, i’ll do some further research on it tonight.

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I appreciate the honesty. Its one of the things I use(Insulin), along with thyroid, to get the most bang for my buck when it comes to my Serostim. I've used fast acting(humalog) and Lantus/Basaglar. Some of my guys are running both at the same time.
I like to take 20iu's of Basaglar and call it a day. This is when I'm running higher iu's of Serostim. When I'm cruising on 4iu's of Serostim I drop the slin and sub Metformin.
I like that you've stuck around @Tazz. We've had some exchanges in private msg'ing and have liked getting to know you some.
I don't think I'll ever be able to say that about some of the other guys you know. Too much water under the bridge and all that. I think you're getting to see another way that you can move around the Community. Those guys running evolutionary and Isarms are flat out liars and thieves. I don't get that from you. I think it could've gone that way for you but you think for yourself. I can respect that.

Reaction score
I appreciate the honesty. Its one of the things I use(Insulin), along with thyroid, to get the most bang for my buck when it comes to my Serostim. I've used fast acting(humalog) and Lantus/Basaglar. Some of my guys are running both at the same time.
I like to take 20iu's of Basaglar and call it a day. This is when I'm running higher iu's of Serostim. When I'm cruising on 4iu's of Serostim I drop the slin and sub Metformin.
I like that you've stuck around @Tazz. We've had some exchanges in private msg'ing and have liked getting to know you some.
I don't think I'll ever be able to say that about some of the other guys you know. Too much water under the bridge and all that. I think you're getting to see another way that you can move around the Community. Those guys running evolutionary and Isarms are flat out liars and thieves. I don't get that from you. I think it could've gone that way for you but you think for yourself. I can respect that.

I actually didn’t even think of that, running insulin alongside GH, that can be extremely beneficial in terms of increasing the anabolic properties of GH I’d assume.

Anyway, I appreciate that coming from you a lot. You’ve taught me quite a bit lurking through forums, even recently with a question I had in regards to those at home anabolic testing kits, and I do look up to the knowledge you have in the industry. Lot of respect to you.

Eric Smith

Elite
Reaction score

Very well put. And true.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

Great post Eric thanks, and the above is correct. If you are disciplined in your use insulin isn't "dangerous". You follow your protocol and don't inject unless you have your nutrition and hand with you (don't tie your skin then drive home from the gym to eat...that would be stupid). And on a side note, don't forget to count those carbs/protein you take as your protocol with your daily calories. Yes, you can get fat quick if you don't keep your eye on the ball

Eric Smith

Elite
Reaction score
Great post Eric thanks, and the above is correct. If you are disciplined in your use insulin isn't "dangerous". You follow your protocol and don't inject unless you have your nutrition and hand with you (don't tie your skin then drive home from the gym to eat...that would be stupid). And on a side note, don't forget to count those carbs/protein you take as your protocol with your daily calories. Yes, you can get fat quick if you don't keep your eye on the ball
So on point!

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Very interesting information. I am type 1 diabetic and I knew for years I might affect it. Doctor has me on metformin; I never took ‘slin but just gear. Doctor says I can reverse everything it cos I don’t have much fat and I have an active lifestyle (currently not at the moment).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score

Totally untrue insulin is not dangerous as fuck. I hate when people say that shit.

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score

I must have 200 or more posts over time where I said a bunch of crap trying to say to actually say to others exactly what you just wrote. Right on! Great post.

New Threads