What To Do For Tendonitis

Reaction score
I have case of tendonitis in both of my arms more in the right than left, my chiropractor says it is cause by flat db press and flat tricep press. Because of the way we grip the db in these two movements.
So I stopped lifting and I am taking Aleve twice a day is there something else I should be doing?

Butch_C

Reaction score
I have case of tendonitis in both of my arms more in the right than left, my chiropractor says it is cause by flat db press and flat tricep press. Because of the way we grip the db in these two movements.
So I stopped lifting and I am taking Aleve twice a day is there something else I should be doing?
Don't stop working out, just work around it. Do exercises that don't aggravate the elbows until you heal up. Buy some elbow compression sleeves, they do help most people, others get mixed results. Also many times elbow pain can be caused by overworking your grip. Something like Versa gripps can help and can be used on many exercises such as lat pull downs and rows. I do not recommend using them all the time because we do want to train our grip as well, but it is easy to overwork it due to having to use your grip on so many different exercises.

OldeBull1

Reaction score
Train around it, not through it. What CAN you do pain free. For example, triceps kickbacks are less than optimal, but if you can do them, and extensions hurt, do what you can do. I've found limiting my range of motion helps. Again, not ideal, but neither is bilateral tendinitis.
Ice massages help.
I change my split, adding more rest and off days.
Have you tried using a false(thumbless) grip? Does that help? What about Fatgripz? Little changes can make big differences.
Remember, the only ability that matters is availability. Throw out what you know and what you did in the past. It may of worked, but it also got you tendinitis. Reinvent your methods, find what works for you pain free.
Sure, take a week or two off, let the inflammation go down. But don't give up!

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
My shoulder tendonitis is back after doing OHP Saturday. I might have to drop the OHP for good. I'm on blood thinners so NSAIDS aren't an option and Acetaminophen doesn't do crap.

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the positive replies, here is one problem. I don't have any pain at all doing any of my workout, it pain came on suddenly after waking up one morning. Now I been going at it for a long time without taking a break and that may have contributed. I was thinking instead of using an overhand grip which is what my chiropractor said is the cause of the tighten of the muscles, maybe using an underhand grip doing the same exercises???

Jonjon

Reaction score
Something like this, available at any tractor supply or feed store. Liniment gel for horses. Works, for real.

Doesn’t have to be this brand

Reaction score
Have a look at what Mythos posted a while back to understand how tendons heal.
https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/tendons-101.25052/

After resting, explore alternative exercises to find those that stress your tendons less (maybe barbell rather than dumbbell, etc).

New Threads