Whats Up UGBB Squad!

Reaction score
Whats up everyone. Joined for some direction and advice - I've been actively lifting (powerlifting/bodybuilding) for about 5 years now but been pretty inconsistent since everything shut down because of covid and having a toddler haha...just recently found a gym around my way that's open 24 hrs. Trying to hop back into this the right way.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Welcome to the underground! What are some of your goals now that you found a new gym to workout at more consistently?

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to SI/UGBB! Look forward to seeing you engaging in the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
Appreciate it! Definitely to get my numbers up and find a workout outside of 5 x 5 that will work for me. I used to run track and mainly hit calisthenics routines (push ups, pull ups, dips, sit ups). Then when I started lifting I found stronglifts and just followed that, adding push ups etc around the workouts.

I'm not sure where I'm at now but my last numbers were -
squat - 275lbs
bench - 205lbs
deadlift - 315lbs
oh press - 135lbs
bb row - 185lbs

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

Wendler's 531 Boring But Big was a decent blend of strength and hypertrophy work.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Appreciate it! Definitely to get my numbers up and find a workout outside of 5 x 5 that will work for me. I used to run track and mainly hit calisthenics routines (push ups, pull ups, dips, sit ups). Then when I started lifting I found stronglifts and just followed that, adding push ups etc around the workouts.

squat - 275lbs
bench - 205lbs
deadlift - 315lbs
oh press - 135lbs
bb row - 185lbs

My trainer integrated pliometrics & auxiliary exercises into regiment which has helped me strengthen my joints and tendons. Weight training along with your calisthenics should come natural to you from the other direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

Wendler's 531 Boring But Big was a decent blend of strength and hypertrophy work.
Yeah I heard of wendlers 531..another one I found that is supposedly good is called 'the bridge'.

Last edited:

Steeeve

Reaction score

squat - 275lbs
bench - 205lbs
deadlift - 315lbs
oh press - 135lbs
bb row - 185lbs
Welcome and I agree with CJ. You'll do well on most of the free templated programs out there. He recommended Wendler's 531 and Ill counter withhhh idk a starting strength 5x5 as another good possibility. Welcome aboard the powerlifter ranks grow deeper by the day.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UG! Height and BW? We can push those numbers up!

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
whats up man... I just have my own home gym so Its open when ever I want lol.
welcome

New Threads