Who introduced DNP to the modern bodybuilding scene

Reaction score
What motherfucker reads a couple studies on a fat burner from the 1930s that killed people and thinks it’s a good idea to try it. I mean I’m grateful for it, but you either gotta be dumb as shit or a different kinda genius were your fucking nuts

GSgator

Reaction score
I ask myself this question on a lot of things imagine how many ppl died just in the quest in regards of all the different various types of mushrooms we eat and take for granted. There’s strains of mushrooms out there that will kill you so fucking fast and they almost look like the same ones I put on my salads LOL.

GSgator

Reaction score
It must have been one hungry mother fucker that split open a durian fruit and still decided to eat it after smelling the fumes of hot rotten garbage
I’ve never smelled one but hearing their fucking banned in countries I can’t even imagine the funk they produce WHY would someone just dive in ? Maybe it was a dare or something lol.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I’ve never smelled one but hearing their fucking banned in countries I can’t even imagine the funk they produce WHY would someone just dive in ? Maybe it was a dare or something lol.
My brother brought one to Thanksgiving one year lol he must hate us 🤣 He just likes trying weird shit, and I'll say, I was already full from Thanksgiving so not hungry at all, but I still tried it. It tastes far better than it smells, but the taste still isn't great

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I believe it was Dan Duchaine who used himself as a guinea pig back in the late 1980's but more likely early 1990's. I became obsessed after reading his newsletter about it. I found a place called Spectrum Laboratories out of New Jersey that would sell to me in 1996 or 97. The hazmat charge to drive it up to CT from Jersey cost more than the DNP itself. Bought 2 large bottles.

Got a letter from a Special Agent in Charge from the FDA who wanted to know why my business needed DNP. Where it was now and if I had less now than when I purchased it where did it go?

I asked a Community member that went by Big Karch(RIP) who was an attorney. He suggested that I ignore the letter as any reply to it would be an admission of some sort.
DNP from the time I had purchases to the time I had received the letter had gotten a bad wrap when a few white kids cooked themselves from the inside out. The FDA took a look and didn't like what they saw.

The only treatment for an overdose is an ice water enema to try and cool the core temp. Fun fun.

Reaction score
With Some things the risk just does not outweigh the serious outcomes that can happen..
This is one of them. I would rather diet a little harder and starve myself like a Ethiopian then out this shot in my body. I don’t care how much direction on how to use I could get.

GSgator

Reaction score
I heard a story a long time ago and it’s never been confirmed to be true. There was a young lady back in the late 90’s that apparently took DNP caps that were over dosed. The story goes something like this she called the paramedics while she was in the ice water bath tub and after explaining to them what she has done and what she took. They knew there was no cure and she was In very bad shape all they could do with her is hold this poor young lady’s hand while
she literally cooked from the inside out. Rumor has it she ingested over a 1500mg of DNP. Like I said this is a story I heard a long time ago. I can also tell you some fucked up slin story’s that could or couldn’t be true.

TiredandHot

Reaction score
I've used more dnp that I care to ever admit to. It's something that now drains me mentally that I just can't endure the fatigue anymore, even at low doses.

It's also a bad idea for some who struggles to control their weight, because it can become a crutch and used to compensate for bouts of overeating to limit fat gain. I know this first hand. People who constantly yo yo in their weight should be careful.

Ryu

Reaction score
It must have been one hungry mother fucker that split open a durian fruit and still decided to eat it after smelling the fumes of hot rotten garbage
Smells bad but the shit is delicious.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I've used more dnp that I care to ever admit to. It's something that now drains me mentally that I just can't endure the fatigue anymore, even at low doses.

It's also a bad idea for some who struggles to control their weight, because it can become a crutch and used to compensate for bouts of overeating to limit fat gain. I know this first hand. People who constantly yo yo in their weight should be careful.
I agree with this. To be honest this can kind of be applied to all things we use... don't do it unless you are already disciplined and consistent in your diet and training.

Fun fact, I learned today that DNP can artificially create elevated bile secretion in the liver, are well as elevated creatinine. Not sure how long it stays elevated, but mine showed higher than normal (still within range) 6 days after stopping DNP.

I'm guessing it probably returns to normal after 3-4 weeks post DNP. Just something for people to keep an eye on if they use DNP and have existing issues with creatinine or bilirubin values.

MisterSuperGod

Advertise here for $100 per month
Reaction score
I heard a story a long time ago and it’s never been confirmed to be true. There was a young lady back in the late 90’s that apparently took DNP caps that were over dosed. The story goes something like this she called the paramedics while she was in the ice water bath tub and after explaining to them what she has done and what she took. They knew there was no cure and she was In very bad shape all they could do with her is hold this poor young lady’s hand while
she literally cooked from the inside out. Rumor has it she ingested over a 1500mg of DNP. Like I said this is a story I heard a long time ago. I can also tell you some fucked up slin story’s that could or couldn’t be true.

Not exactly the same in details, but still similar.

weightlossburn

Reaction score
I did see that. She was very skinny and likely had an eating disorder in addition to. But send0 is correct in his first sentence. The rest of the shit we are taking is not exactly the fountain of youth either. There is inherent risk in everything.

Reaction score
Damn, shit like that scares the fuck outta me, especially since I’m about to start my first cycle lmao. I feel like nowadays people are way more particular about DNP so they’re extra careful with their measurements. All the deaths I’ve heard of in the last 10 years are from people who intentionally took way too much DNP. So it’s more dumbassery than manslaughter, but a tragedy nonetheless.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
if you are a history nerd, here is an abstract from an article from 1933

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
if you are a history nerd, here is an abstract from an article from 1933

Tl;dr. Cliffs?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy