Why is TRT so expensive?

Reaction score
When you go to a TRT clinic, you're a revenue stream, not a patient.

If you go to a primary care doctor, or an endocrinologist or urinologist, you're a patient first, and you can use insurance.

There are reasons why TRT clinics don't take insurance. One of them being the insurance companies wouldn't allow such high prices.
Yeah I went to an endo and PCP and neither of them would even consider prescribing me TRT or anything else because my hormone levels are normal. I’m sure that’s why clinics can charge so much because normal doctors won’t prescribe us what we want and clinics will, and they know we don’t have a choice but go to the clinic if we don’t have a legitimate medical need (truly below reference range)

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m sure that’s why clinics can charge so much because normal doctors won’t prescribe us what we want and clinics will, and they know we don’t have a choice but go to the clinic if we don’t have a legitimate medical need (truly below reference range)

They're essentially quasi-legal drug dealers not too far removed from their street level counterparts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your doc gave you anavar and deca? Dang - what are your test levels now on TRT? Do they give you enough to raise it outside of reference range?
Unfortunately they didn’t run labs after? I put on 15lbs in the short run I did, felt great and looked good, but I had muscle cramps in my chest and arms.

Kraken

Reaction score
The clinic I use was having a 20% off special, and they have a "weight loss" peptide that was very expensive. They told me it needs a Dr's approval, but I could sign up for it to get the discount then talk to the Dr to decide. I did. They immediately charged my card and said it has been submitted to the pharmacy for processing.

That was a Friday. I did my research on it. On Monday morning I emailed them, saying that they were supposed to wait for my to talk with the Dr. They replied that "Oh, turns out that does not need the Dr approval so we processed it." Hm,... I explained that no, I wanted to discuss it with the Dr first.

The Dr. was willing to cancel it since I decided I didn't want it. He told me the office was pushing stuff like crazy and he had his concerns, and also knew the pharmacy would have their concerns. So at least the Dr was on the ball. They are going to refund my card.

New Threads