Would like a suggestion for bloodwork

Reaction score
i have to do mine out of state because my state also sucks. i just use a fake PA address and go to a quest location over state lines.
I used my real address. I figured, why not give it a shot? Went to a small town quest lab over the state line and they never even asked for id.

dirtys1x

Reaction score
Google TRT clinic near you, they will do the bloodwork. Mine cost me like 100 dollars for the full panel. Walked in to one, paid my card, sat down and got my blood done immediately.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
For a 3 month Test Cyp cycle only what are the specifics I should be asking for? Just trying to get everything in line before actually starting the cycle.
in general you want:

CMP (Comp metabolic)
Liver panel (Hepatic)
lipids (Cholesterol)
Test (Total/free/bioavailable)
SHBG (sometimes is included with the full Test Panel above)
estradiol
FSH/LH
Prolactin (more important if you run 19-nors, still important but less so for test only)

You want all the above pre-cycle to have as a baseline

mid cycle you want all except the FSH/LH and its fine to get just total test rather than all 3 to save a little bit, youre just looking to see that the test youre using is real and accurately dosed. youll be looking at e2 mid cycle to see how badly you need an AI if at all.

Post cycle youll want to do all and include fsh/LH again after youve pct'd to make sure everything is back working again

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I used my real address. I figured, why not give it a shot? Went to a small town quest lab over the state line and they never even asked for id.
ahhh, i cant even pay if i use my real address because it gets flagged down because of the state

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
in general you want:

CMP (Comp metabolic)
Liver panel (Hepatic)
lipids (Cholesterol)
estradiol
FSH/LH
Prolactin (more important if you run 19-nors, still important but less so for test only)

mid cycle you want all except the FSH/LH and its fine to get just total test rather than all 3 to save a little bit, youre just looking to see that the test youre using is real and accurately dosed. youll be looking at e2 mid cycle to see how badly you need an AI if at all.

Post cycle youll want to do all and include fsh/LH again after youve pct'd to make sure everything is back working again
For reference OP, all of the above, minus the SHGB and Prolactin are included in that $81 test from Quest in that link.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
ahhh, i cant even pay if i use my real address because it gets flagged down because of the state
I used to use my real street address, but an adjacent STATE, to circumvent this. I had to drive to that other State too, but once there, never asked for an ID.

My State allows it now, but only some online labs will work in my State. I can't use privatemdlabs, but personalabs will work. 🤷‍♂️

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
For a 3 month Test Cyp cycle only what are the specifics I should be asking for? Just trying to get everything in line before actually starting the cycle.
What dosage? Test cyp only you should have to worry much. Through walk-in labs using Quest lab you can get a CBC for $24 if you wanted to check RBC's
If you just want to keep an eye on total T and E2 you can get those individual tests for pretty cheap.
Total testosterone $36
E2 for $44

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
This is a common purchase among the guys here... https://www.privatemdlabs.com/lp/female-hormone-testing.php

Yes, it says FEMALE panel, but no worries, it's the one you want. It says it's for both Men and Women.

I also like to do a Lipid/Cholesterol panel as well, in addition to the CBC, CMP, and hormone panel that's in the link.

Keep ALL your bloodwork, compare it over time, looking for trends. Try to catch any potential problems.

Don't forget to get bloodwork BEFORE your cycle also, so you have baseline numbers from which to compare.

im pretty sure that panel doesn't include free or bioavailable T.

if you care about it

Reactions: CJ

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Or lipid panel.

Touche!

That too! I used that exact panel for my very first set of bloodwork, got the results and was like "Wait, fuck, im missing shit"

it is very cheap for basic stuff though

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
Hey boss - are you talking about the $82 or $300 one? Also, how would you add the lipid/cholesterol? I don't see options for adding them.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't worry about lipids on a 10 wk test only cycle. You know they are likely to be affected, to what degree is individualistic. What are you going to do, take blood on week 7 and see they are looking bad and quit for the last 3 weeks? You already know going in what's liable to happen.
EDIT: Sorry, 12 week test only cycle.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't worry about lipids on a 10 wk test only cycle. You know they are likely to be affected, to what degree is individualistic. What are you going to do, take blood on week 7 and see they are looking bad and quit for the last 3 weeks? You already know going in what's liable to happen.
EDIT: Sorry, 12 week test only cycle.
No, but if it's really bad, then he can make adjustments in future cycles, or maybe not add in other compounds that typically trash his lipids and make it worse.

If you're getting bloodwork anyway, why not?

weightlossburn

Reaction score
The tests described in this thread are detailed and optimal. However if you are just interested in testosterone and estrogen at a less detailed level, you can visit your general practitioner, tell them you can't get an erection and request bloodwork that includes testosterone. I didn't ask for estrogen but my doctor threw that in.

My assumption is the moment you ask for a testosterone test in any way, the doctor believes gear is involved and does the testosterone/estrogen test.

You can also try the honesty method with your doctor.

Reaction score
in general you want:

CMP (Comp metabolic)
Liver panel (Hepatic)
lipids (Cholesterol)
estradiol
FSH/LH

Why do you guys still get test level tested lol
Who fake testosterone? You must have the shittiest source ever to be worried about your test being underdosed or fake. Srsly to me looks like just a waste of money
I tested once and then never again.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Why do you guys still get test level tested lol
Who fake testosterone? You must have the shittiest source ever to be worried about your test being underdosed or fake. Srsly to me looks like just a waste of money
I tested once and then never again.
It usually just comes part of the test bundle we buy.

If I want to get lipids, or E2 LC/MS-MS, or prolactin, or any number of things with my CMP/CBC panels, then it's cheaper for me to just buy the bundle that includes test than it is to buy them all separately.

Usually the hormone panels will include one of the other things I mentioned, and it makes shit a lot cheaper than piecing it all together individually.

Reaction score
It usually just comes part of the test bundle we buy.

If I want to get lipids, or E2 LC/MS-MS, or prolactin, or any number of things with my CMP/CBC panels, then it's cheaper for me to just buy the bundle that includes test than it is to buy them all separately.

Usually the hormone panels will include one of the other things I mentioned, and it makes shit a lot cheaper than piecing it all together individually.
Sure if it's like that it does make sense and it's not bad to have it but if one has to pay extra for it.. waste of money.