Greetings!

Reaction score
Your diet is not working for you. Now would it for anyone who trains hard and regularly.
I have taken off 30 lb according to the scale while increasing my muscularity in less than 3 months time. In fact, I don't want to be any more muscular.

What exactly is wrong with my diet?

When someone says that they need to lose 25 lbs, it's actually closer to 40 lbs.
I don't need to lose 25 lb, I want to. JFC, no! I do not need or want to lose 40 lb.

You're probably 25%+ bodyfat.
"Probably" indicates a leaning towards conjecture. The sentence in its whole is very negative and with zero evidence.

Why are you being like that?

You came here looking for peptides, DNP, steroids, etc...
That's not true in the least bit. I think DNP is interesting and wanted to learn more. I knew even less about peptides, and the same, I wanted to learn more because on the surface of what I read they were also interesting for the potential of relieving joints and getting leaner. I don't think I've mentioned steroids at all, and I most certainly did not express any kind of interest in using steroids.

because what you're doing is not working, and you know it.
Is losing 30 lb while becoming more muscular not working?

So change something!!!
I see you've taken this opportunity to use a lot of exclamation marks while simultaneously not giving any info on what is to be changed even though I've written a quite a bit.

Why is this?

I've come to this site to read other people's thoughts and subjects where I may fine tune what I'm already doing. I thought I was fairly clear on the reason why I'm here.

Reaction score
I have taken off 30 lb according to the scale while increasing my muscularity in less than 3 months time. In fact, I don't want to be any more muscular.

I don't need to lose 25 lb, I want to. JFC, no! I do not need or want to lose 40 lb.

"Probably" indicates a leaning towards conjecture. The sentence in its whole is very negative and with zero evidence.

That's not true in the least bit. I think DNP is interesting and wanted to learn more. I knew even less about peptides, and the same, I wanted to learn more because on the surface of what I read they were also interesting for the potential of relieving joints and getting leaner. I don't think I've mentioned steroids at all, and I most certainly did not express any kind of interest in using steroids.

I see you've taken this opportunity to use a lot of exclamation marks while simultaneously not giving any info on what is to be changed even though I've written a quite a bit.

Why is this?

I've come to this site to read other people's thoughts and subjects where I may fine tune what I'm already doing. I thought I was fairly clear on the reason why I'm here.
Ok. Good luck on your quest, buddy. Sounds like you know what you need to do. 👍

Nobody is getting paid to give you advice. So if you don’t like what’s been giving then ask better questions instead of bitching like a middle-aged soccer mom who hasn’t been fucked in 5 years.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Congratulations, you took off the easy stuff. But it was because you quit drinking and the gf who ate shit food.
You're pretty much excluding an entire macro group due to an unfounded fear or sugar. You said yourself that you suspect that your diet is the problem. Well, it is. You asked for honestly, you're getting it.
Can we see a pic of your physique? It could go a long way in giving us a feel for where you're at, because what I'm picturing in my mind is a person who's the dreaded 'skinny fat', which is where the people who eat a diet similar to yours always seem to end up. Black out your face for identity protection.

Because we've seen it literally countless times. We've seen 100's of people like you, ask for help because something is not right, yet get defensive and sometimes combative when advice and truth is given.
That's not true in the least bit. I think DNP is interesting and wanted to learn more.
Why? Because you're having trouble losing fat. If you weren't, you wouldn't ask about this nasty compound.
I knew even less about peptides, and the same, I wanted to learn more because on the surface of what I read they were also interesting for the potential of relieving joints and getting leaner.
Peptides will not get you leaner. That's all diet. Peptides can't defy the laws of physics.
I don't think I've mentioned steroids at all, and I most certainly did not express any kind of interest in using steroids.
Yes you did. Your statement in the very first post...

"I don't remember what led me to this website, but it was probably reading on DNP, which led me to reading about peptides and HGH, and a little bit about ANABOLIC STEROIDS."

All you've learned is to not drink to excess, and dropped the girl who ate like shit with you. Then you stalled, because now that you need to know what you're doing, you're lost. Hence looking at DNP, HGH, etc..
I've said several times what you should do. Carbs are not evil, they are incredibly helpful in reaching your goals.

In fact, if you don't eat then, your body will make them by pulling amino acids from your body(protein/muscle), and use some of those aminos to make glucose, the muscles and brains PREFERRED FUEL. You'll lose muscle tissue unless you're eating an insane amount of protein, because it's not a 1:1 gram of protein to gram of glucose conversion.

In addition, carbs will make your workouts and training exponentially better, thus aiding in building and/or retaining muscles. And also give you the fuel to help your body in healing and recovery. Carbohydrate is essential for athletes.

You're shooting yourself in the foot. You're getting in your own way.
Why is this?

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@CJ , thank you for your long and thoughtful reply. I truly appreciate it.

Congratulations, you took off the easy stuff. But it was because you quit drinking and the gf who ate shit food.
True! And I am aware of this, that it's the easy 30 lb that I took off.

You're pretty much excluding an entire macro group due to an unfounded fear or sugar. You said yourself that you suspect that your diet is the problem. Well, it is. You asked for honestly, you're getting it.
My diet was never entirely just meat. The snippet that I gave was because I was out of town working and did not go all out because it was only for a couple of days. I don't exclude carbs, sugar, or micronutrients from my diet, but I do eat far less carbs and zero refined sugars compared to the average Joe. I avoid white bread and refined sugars and prefer carbs from rice and potatoes and get my micronutrients from the veggies I eat in stir fry when I'm home. With that said, I have added a multivitamin as suggested here for when I lack micronutrients.

Here's how I've been eating:

Monday

450 rice tuna broccoli stir fry

Sunday

Caffeine 500 mg

100 apple

525 pork

100 apple

475 tuna rice and veggies

150 tri-tip

100 ahi tuna

Saturday

caffeine 400 mg

100 Apple

280 salmon

525 pork

500 BLT

Friday

140 coffee and tab, 500 mg caffeine

100 apple

5 mg creatine

1,000 burrito rice beans carne asada salsa

280 salmon

1,360 total

Thursday

400 mg caffeine

400 calories of mackerel

100 calories one banana

460 calories beef sticks (junk food, last time buying)

600 calories stemmed crab and rice

140 coffee

1,000 hamburger with carbs dinner at friends

2,700 total

Wednesday

400 mg caffeine

200 calories two apples

400 calories of mackerel

600 calories of salmon

5 g creatine monohydrate

Water, about a half gallon or more throughout the day

1,200 total

I have to start work so I'm not going to be able to give a robust reply. I will say though that because of my involvements in sports I've been surrounded by steroids my whole adult life starting from my teens. I have zero interest in taking any kind of steroids. They are too complicated for me and I don't like some of the results or side effects when done wrong. Watch the Marris Pujanowski versus Tim Sylvia fight, MP had a really tiny gas tank, turned right red, and I thought he has going to have a heart attack.

I'll try to address some of this later after work. Have a great day and know that I appreciate you.

Reactions: CJ

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest ... I only read your original post ... 2 things .. you will NOT get bulkie by working out with weight ... thousands of guys here are working their butts off for years and not getting too muscular ... it is a fucking insult to people here to make gaining muscle sound easy ... at 53 your concern should be retaining the muscle you have ... because if your not doing resistance training your likely losing it ... no matter how many kung fu panda punches you throw ...

2nd thing ... when was your last dex scan competed determining your lean mass / body fat ... because 6'2" no weight training 235 kbs ... I'm assuming your over 30% body fat ... which is just fat .. .

Conclusion ... you lack the most basic knowledge ... I'd read the The Resistance Revolution to at least learn the very basics of metabolism .... and why retaining and gaining lean mass is the key to fat loss ... without more muscle and a basic understanding how your body works you will continue being fat ...

Reaction score
…thousands of guys here are working their butts off for years and not getting too muscular ... it is a fucking insult to people here to make gaining muscle sound easy ...
Well this is a big problem too. Adding muscle takes work, yes, but it’s not rocket science. If “guys are working their butts off for years and not getting too muscular” then they need to learn how to train better or eat better. Especially if they are running steroids. 20 to 40 pounds is easy for a guy just starting out. Everyone else should be able to do 10 pounds a year barring injury.

Reaction score
For the record, as I've said a few times, I don't want to add any more muscle.

/back to work

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well this is a big problem too. Adding muscle takes work, yes, but it’s not rocket science. If “guys are working their butts off for years and not getting too muscular” then they need to learn how to train better or eat better. Especially if they are running steroids. 20 to 40 pounds is easy for a guy just starting out. Everyone else should be able to do 10 pounds a year barring injury.
Agreed ... I was suggesting muscle is not added by accident ... it is common to hear (typically from women) they avoid weights because they don't want to get too muscular ... which is a uninformed position ... I would add not many 53 olds will be adding 40 lbs of muscle regardless what cycle they are taking ... certainly not without massive effort which clearly OP is not making ...

My post was recommending educating himself far more on resistance training and doing it to see that he will not magically put huge amounts of muscle by accident ... I also stated that retaining the muscle he has and adding to it would metabolically burn fat ... which seemingly few people understand ... OP included ...

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

/back to work
Do you know how much muscle you curryent have vs body fat ... if not how would know whether your adding or losing it now ... clearly your diet is protein deficient for someone your size ... with 1200 calorie days ... knowing your baseline lean mass / body fat is a beginning point ...

Reaction score

/back to work
Dismissive?

I'm sorry. Don't let us bother you at all.

You come here seeking advice. Be fucking humble instead of being a smartass.

Reaction score
Do you know how much muscle you curryent have vs body fat ... if not how would know whether your adding or losing it now ... clearly your diet is protein deficient for someone your size ... with 1200 calorie days ... knowing your baseline lean mass / body fat is a beginning point ...
Don't bother. He's a prick.

Reaction score
@CJ and anyone else who is even remotely interested, I don't have a photo of myself or a way to do so. I did look at multiple charts for what different fat percentages look, and I'm definitely in the 20% to 25% range. The charts vary a little bit, but most likely I'm 22% to 23% fat, so CJ was not far off at all.

Since creating an account on this forum I have added more carbs, less fat, and about the same amount of protein. I also have added vitamin D3 2,000IU, a multivitamin, and a post-workout drink with creatine and BCAA. I'm going to see how that goes.

I'm going to start at the very beginning of this thread and look at all of the suggestions and see what I can incorporate right away. I travel for work which makes it harder for me to set up blood panels and whatnot, but I will see what I can do there.

My goal is to get leaner, not more muscular.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
@CJ and anyone else who is even remotely interested, I don't have a photo of myself or a way to do so. I did look at multiple charts for what different fat percentages look, and I'm definitely in the 20% to 25% range. The charts vary a little bit, but most likely I'm 22% to 23% fat, so CJ was not far off at all.

Since creating an account on this forum I have added more carbs, less fat, and about the same amount of protein. I also have added vitamin D3 2,000IU, a multivitamin, and a post-workout drink with creatine and BCAA. I'm going to see how that goes.

I'm going to start at the very beginning of this thread and look at all of the suggestions and see what I can incorporate right away. I travel for work which makes it harder for me to set up blood panels and whatnot, but I will see what I can do there.

My goal is to get leaner, not more muscular.

Try to get those extra carbs from sources like potatoes, rice, oats...non fruit sources. Those are primarily glucose/starch, and that's what your body uses. Nothing wrong with fruit, but too much fructose is a lot on your liver

Try to place those extra carbs in your pre and post workout meals. I'd be very surprised if you didn't notice a marked improvement in your workouts and recovery. Indirectly, better body composition also, because carbs are protein sparing.

Also, if the D3 is in a tablet form, take it with a meal containing fats, as it's a fat soluble vitamin.

Reaction score
235x.25=58.75lb of fat
58.75x.50=29.4lb of fat to lose

235x.2=47lb of fat
47x.50=23.5lb of fat to lose

The difference between these two is about 26lb. I initially stated that I wanted to lose 25lb of fat. I was not wrong, as I would be happy in the 10%-12% fat range. That is what I'm shooting for, at least for now.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
235x.25=58.75lb of fat
58.75x.50=29.4lb of fat to lose

235x.2=47lb of fat
47x.50=23.5lb of fat to lose

The difference between these two is about 26lb. I initially stated that I wanted to lose 25lb of fat. I was not wrong, as I would be happy in the 10%-12% fat range. That is what I'm shooting for, at least for now.
10-12% is a great target. And it's why I'm stressing that you should add in carbs, because the body will get them, one way or the other. If it has to pull amino acids from your muscles to metabolize to carbs, it will do so.

So it's possible, and often happens with people who don't exercise and crash diet, that their bodyfat percentage actually INCREASES while their overall bodyweight decreases. Their bodies utilize muscle for fuel, and they become skinny fat.

That's what we're trying to help you to prevent. It doesn't take massive amounts of carbs, either.

Reaction score
I found a 24-hour clinic https://oceanside.hormone-clinic.com/

I asked them to do the following:
Get blood work done to find out my current natural testosterone levels.
Complete Blood Picture
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Sex hormone binding globulin
Hormone Panel
Triglycerides/Cholesterol

They are 24 hours and close by. What do you think about using an HGH and TRT clinic for blood panels like this? I asked because it's their job to try to sell something to me related to the blood tests and that makes them bias.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I found a 24-hour clinic https://oceanside.hormone-clinic.com/

I asked them to do the following:
Get blood work done to find out my current natural testosterone levels.
Complete Blood Picture
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Sex hormone binding globulin
Hormone Panel
Triglycerides/Cholesterol

They are 24 hours and close by. What do you think about using an HGH and TRT clinic for blood panels like this? I asked because it's their job to try to sell something to me related to the blood tests and that makes them bias.

Most of us in the US use one of these two places for private bloodwork...

Reaction score
Most of us in the US use one of these two places for private bloodwork...

With privatemdlabs is "Male Athletic Anti-Aging Panel" the one I want? It looks like it covers what I was looking for, although I don't know if it's missing something or if there is a different option that's more suited towards me.

New Threads