New, Young, and Improving

Reaction score
Been a slave to the gym for about a year now, ever since graduating hs. Found a job in security before going to college, since it was one of the better options around my area for a job, and have found my life entirely revolving around the gym.

My diet is solid, blood work is solid, training is solid. Very proud of my progress as a newbie.

Been taking some supplements of the Amazon variety to stay healthy and support my lifestyle.

I have been lurking on the site for a little bit now, mostly just threads to help push me through this fat loss phase. Within my first year of lifting I gained 50lbs(155 to 202) and currently have lost 20(182lbs) with a goal to reach 170lbs or mid teens bf%.

I get 40 minutes of morning cardio and 7k steps a day with my job, then after work I train for 1.5 hours with 350 cals worth of cardio.

For my diet I eat 3 meals of 6-7oz of Chicken, 10-11oz of Rice, and 4oz of Broccoli. Sometimes I will go a month of 6-7oz haddock, and 5oz carrots, with rice, but I'm currently just supplementing fish oil and multivitamins to get the same affect out of a chicken broccoli diet. These 3 meals roughly equal 1.5k calories, and I will get 1.9k calories at the end of the day after a snack. End of day macros are roughly 250g carbs, less than 20g fat, 140g of protein.

Been lethargic and sleep has been taking a hit so I'm currently doing 1 week of maintenance level Calories and getting more fats in, then back to a deficit.

For fat burners and diuretics I am taking powder form L carnitine(8g daily), Caffeine(700mg daily), and eating celery(as a natural diuretic and to satiate hunger). I have been considering an eca stack since it doesn't seem to have any side effects besides high blood pressure. Also been considering fragment 176-191, but I'm afraid of the rabbit hole my first pin might bring me down.

Mostly been lurking the site for any straight edge options to push me over the edge when I plateau in the lower bodyfat percentages. Don't really want to take anything that has too much of a consequence since im not too sure if I'll ever be able to milk the pros from them(winning competitions or social media). As much as I would love to compete, I dont think I have a physique that can win anything besides my own gratification.

Wanted to make sure I had a thread here in case I started to participate around here.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
20g of fat is pretty low brother.

It seems like you're pretty dedicated, maybe too much. When was you last layoff from the gym and how long?

Reactions: CJ

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
less than 20g fat
presuming you are natural this is to low. a minimum for you is 55g per day. (.3 x BW)

which could be why....

Been lethargic and sleep has been taking a hit
Caffeine(700mg daily)
maybe go without for awhile. let your body get out of the state 700mg per day of caf creates and gets some good sleep.

considering an eca stack
doesn't seem to have any side effects
you think your sleep is taking a hit now....
hold off on this.

straight edge options
macros are roughly 250g carbs, less than 20g fat, 140g protein
P 180g
F 55g
C 130 g

while these macros are better for your stated goals I don't think it may be enough food.

it is simply the same 1740 calories you have been eating with more fat and protein.

Reaction score
I take a 1 week break/deload after each month. Definitely get categorized as *the* gym bro to everyone that knows me lol. It's a good hobby I currently have the ability to fit a lot of time and attention into, I dont expect to be able to keep this up through college so I'm making the most of it now.

Reaction score
presuming you are natural this is to low. a minimum for you is 55g per day. (.3 x BW)

which could be why....

maybe go without for awhile. let your body get out of the state 700mg per day of caf creates and gets some good sleep.

you think your sleep is taking a hit now....
hold off on this.

P 180g
F 55g
C 130 g

while these macros are better for your stated goals I don't think it may be enough food.

it is simply the same 1740 calories you have been eating with more fat and protein.
Appreciate the help, what do you recommend for good sources of fat?

Forgot to mention I usually take 2 Cheat days(take no count of calories) in a week where I will up fats, typically just by adding milk and cheese to grits, eating eggs with yolk, and local Japanese takeout with extra avacado.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
sources of fat
full fat yogurt
extra virgin olive oil
salmon, trout, anchovies, mackerel, sardines, and herring
whole eggs
avocados

in no particular order.

I usually take 2 Cheat days
disregard what I said about your calories per day being to low. I didn't have this information.
in two days I can destroy five days worth of deficit. :LOL:

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
What do you do in the evening exactly that takes up 1.5 hours.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Meal prepping is my oonly to keep up with food. But even i do better than chicken and rice.

Supplementing is great but a variety of fruit and vegetables will always get better results.

There are plenty guys and girls here been doing this for over thirty years. All of them will agree food is more important than people consider. Great that you are a gym rat. But be a good day too. Don't eat tomorrow exactly what you are today. Gut health comes from variety. Take it from a guy who has had plenty of gut removed as of late. You miss it when it is gone. Eating just three or four foods all day and everyday isnt a time saver.

Otherwise great work. Great dedication. And it is great that you take advice so well.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome, great intro and hope you stick around would love to see what progress you can make with your goals.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Been a slave to the gym for about a year now, ever since graduating hs. Found a job in security before going to college, since it was one of the better options around my area for a job, and have found my life entirely revolving around the gym.

My diet is solid, blood work is solid, training is solid. Very proud of my progress as a newbie.

Been taking some supplements of the Amazon variety to stay healthy and support my lifestyle.

I have been lurking on the site for a little bit now, mostly just threads to help push me through this fat loss phase. Within my first year of lifting I gained 50lbs(155 to 202) and currently have lost 20(182lbs) with a goal to reach 170lbs or mid teens bf%.

I get 40 minutes of morning cardio and 7k steps a day with my job, then after work I train for 1.5 hours with 350 cals worth of cardio.

For my diet I eat 3 meals of 6-7oz of Chicken, 10-11oz of Rice, and 4oz of Broccoli. Sometimes I will go a month of 6-7oz haddock, and 5oz carrots, with rice, but I'm currently just supplementing fish oil and multivitamins to get the same affect out of a chicken broccoli diet. These 3 meals roughly equal 1.5k calories, and I will get 1.9k calories at the end of the day after a snack. End of day macros are roughly 250g carbs, less than 20g fat, 140g of protein.

Been lethargic and sleep has been taking a hit so I'm currently doing 1 week of maintenance level Calories and getting more fats in, then back to a deficit.

For fat burners and diuretics I am taking powder form L carnitine(8g daily), Caffeine(700mg daily), and eating celery(as a natural diuretic and to satiate hunger). I have been considering an eca stack since it doesn't seem to have any side effects besides high blood pressure. Also been considering fragment 176-191, but I'm afraid of the rabbit hole my first pin might bring me down.

Mostly been lurking the site for any straight edge options to push me over the edge when I plateau in the lower bodyfat percentages. Don't really want to take anything that has too much of a consequence since im not too sure if I'll ever be able to milk the pros from them(winning competitions or social media). As much as I would love to compete, I dont think I have a physique that can win anything besides my own gratification.

Wanted to make sure I had a thread here in case I started to participate around here.

Get some variety in your diet, eat different fruits and veggies, different protein sources, and up your fats. You're probably deficient in some vitamins and minerals, even if taking a multi vitamin.

And fats are essential for hormone and cell production, so at least double it.

If you're serious about improving your body comp, fix your diet, get rid of the two days of untracked cheat days, and drop the silly OTC supplements. Your diet, not these supplements, is what will actually cause the results. Right now, 30% of your days are untracked freebies. That's faaaaar too many.

Two cheat DAYS?!? What the fuck!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

New Threads