What cuisines do you think are overrated?

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Mexican is mostly slop covered in cheese

Chinese is shitty meats and rice disguised with oil and msg

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Nouvelle Cuisine bugs the shit out of me , ive been to a few fancy meals , brother owns his own place n is a chef.

Nouvelle is about presentation as well as taste , so you order say the Tangerine Scallops and the entire thing is 3 bites and looks like some hippies art project with the sauces or glazes used to paint in little swirls on the plate.

It tastes good but you would have to order everything on the damn menu to get a decent sized meal ..and end up waiting for an hour or so while they got all artsy fartsy with it.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Nouvelle Cuisine bugs the shit out of me , ive been to a few fancy meals , brother owns his own place n is a chef.

Nouvelle is about presentation as well as taste , so you order say the Tangerine Scallops and the entire thing is 3 bites and looks like some hippies art project with the sauces or glazes used to paint in little swirls on the plate.

It tastes good but you would have to order everything on the damn menu to get a decent sized meal ..and end up waiting for an hour or so while they got all artsy fartsy with it.
Like this stupid shit. Bubble covering food. Shit popps and disappears like the money spent on it.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Like this stupid shit. Bubble covering food. Shit popps and disappears like the money spent on it.
Exactly , I think molecular gastronomy is cool as shit , but there is no way i'm paying what they want to charge for it and calling it a meal.

Its just snot n foam , i dont care if it tastes like roast beef n gravy its still not worth 97.50

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Exactly , I think molecular gastronomy is cool as shit , but there is no way i'm paying what they want to charge for it and calling it a meal.

Its just snot n foam , i dont care if it tastes like roast beef n gravy its still not worth 97.50
I'd be tempted to walk by somebody's table and pop their bubble for so many reasons.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Mexican is mostly slop covered in cheese

Chinese is shitty meats and rice disguised with oil and msg
correction; Mexican food that most americans eat is slop covered in cheese. Maybe I shouldn't even say it's just Americans, but rather any other culture that isn't Mexican. Real Mexican food is not like that at all.

Same is true for Chinese food.

They're just catering to what the typical American wants to taste. So really your description is more of a reflection of non Mexican or Chinese cultures than anything... in this case Americans 😅

Janoy Cresva

Reaction score
All sea food! Especially shit with exoskeletons along with squid and octopus
Exotic French food
Any dish besides wagu costing more than 100 USD
Puffer fish
Dog and cat meat.
Damn. Ppl eating dogs in Biden's America?

New Threads