ChatGPT (OpenAI)

Reaction score
The following is from a new chat session with ChatGPT that was shared with me:

Human:
"""
You are a nutritionist and personal trainer.
I am 250 pounds, 20% body fat. I need to be 220 pounds and 10% body fat in 6 months.
I will exercise twice per day, 6 days per week, doing aerobic exercises in the morning and anaerobic exercises in the evening.
Plan my meals for the next week to help me achieve my goals.
"""

ChatGPT:
"""
As an AI language model, I can provide you with general nutritional advice to help you achieve your weight and body fat goals. However, I strongly recommend that you consult with a qualified nutritionist and personal trainer who can design a personalized plan that takes into account your unique needs and health status.

Based on your stated goals, here is a general meal plan that can help you achieve your desired weight and body fat percentage:

Morning (Pre-Workout):

1 slice of whole-grain toast
2 scrambled eggs
1 small banana
1 cup of black coffee
Morning (Post-Workout):

1 scoop of whey protein powder
1 cup of mixed berries
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
1/4 cup of granola
Mid-Morning Snack:

1 medium apple
1 tablespoon of almond butter
Lunch:

Grilled chicken breast (4 oz)
1 cup of steamed vegetables (e.g. broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)
1/2 cup of brown rice
1 small salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Afternoon Snack:

1 small handful of mixed nuts (e.g. almonds, walnuts, pistachios)
Dinner:

Grilled salmon (4 oz)
1 cup of roasted sweet potatoes
1/2 cup of sautéed spinach
1 small salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and lemon vinaigrette dressing
Evening Snack:

1 small bowl of mixed berries
1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese
Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day, aiming for at least 2-3 liters per day. It's also important to track your calorie and macronutrient intake to make sure you're staying within your daily requirements. Consult with a nutritionist or use a nutrition tracking app to help you with this.

Remember that consistency and dedication are key to achieving your goals. Best of luck on your journey!
"""

The response from ChatGPT was generated in about a second. There were no additional datasets used to train the system beyond the default model. There was no prior context provided. A new chat session was opened and the entire conversation is posted above.

There are undoubtedly many factors that could influence changes to the diet plan, and there would be no way to plan months in advance for what a diet should include months from now in order to support very specific goals. The prior caveats aside, what are your thoughts on the general meal plan provided based on the question posed?

Interested to hear any feedback.
Thanks!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Not enough protein. Does ChatGPT even lift?

seems healthy and fine if you are a normal pedestrian with normal pedestrian goals... but ronnie coleman wasn't built off rabbit food, and I'm not trying to look 'normal'.

ChatGPT = ChatGymPersonalTrainer ?
Up the portion sizes of the proteins, it's not a bad starting point at all. Quick calculations in my head have it at about 180g of total proteins, still not terrible.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
It's pretty incredible that this was generated in less than a second.

Last edited:

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
I’ve seen what GPT puts out.
It’s not perfect, but it’s comparable to what a competent person would be capable of composing for you given time to conduct their own brief research.

Really, as if you had a personal assistant you could assign research tasks.

It really could revolutionize the internet beyond search engines and forums into a consolidated resource for many situations. Just like a search engine, however, it’s only as good as the description, task, and parameters provided. You also need to be able to critically examine whether it’s outputting crap.

For many people, it really could reasonably replace human expertise. Clearly not all circumstances, not always accurate, but we’ve yielded up to less.

I’ve seen evidence that teachers have been replaced with responsive computer adaptive AI instructors. It works. *NOT* as well as a skilled instructor, but certainly better than lemon, lazy, textbook-drone or unqualified humans placed in some roles.

I wouldn’t be shocked if within 10 years we replaced a lot of white collar roles with AI, or if in-class instruction will become day care with virtual instructors in my lifetime (though probably not career).

Reaction score
I’ve seen what GPT puts out.
It’s not perfect, but it’s comparable to what a competent person would be capable of composing for you given time to conduct their own brief research.

Really, as if you had a personal assistant you could assign research tasks.

It really could revolutionize the internet beyond search engines and forums into a consolidated resource for many situations. Just like a search engine, however, it’s only as good as the description, task, and parameters provided. You also need to be able to critically examine whether it’s outputting crap.

For many people, it really could reasonably replace human expertise. Clearly not all circumstances, not always accurate, but we’ve yielded up to less.

I’ve seen evidence that teachers have been replaced with responsive computer adaptive AI instructors. It works. *NOT* as well as a skilled instructor, but certainly better than lemon, lazy, textbook-drone or unqualified humans placed in some roles.

I wouldn’t be shocked if within 10 years we replaced a lot of white collar roles with AI, or if in-class instruction will become day care with virtual instructors in my lifetime (though probably not career).
Brave new world.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
IRobot please come quickly so i can quit working… then we can all live in the underground and taco bell will be fine dining…. Which movies am I?

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback.

ChatGPT stands for Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer.

The system used for the above hasn't received new data in ~18 months; the response was generated from what it "knows."

Reaction score
Not enough protein. Does ChatGPT even lift?

seems healthy and fine if you are a normal pedestrian with normal pedestrian goals... but ronnie coleman wasn't built off rabbit food, and I'm not trying to look 'normal'.

ChatGPT = ChatGymPersonalTrainer ?

Let's try to get more protein in there:

Human:
"""
You are a personal trainer. I am your client. We both believe I am genetically gifted, and I am training to compete for the title of "Mr. Olympia."
I am 315 lbs at 13% body fat. I train with weights four days per week, and currently want to put more size on my 6'1" frame.
What should I eat tomorrow as part of a diet that will fuel muscle growth?
"""

ChatGPT:
"""
As an AI language model, I am not a certified personal trainer or nutritionist, but I can give you some general guidance on a diet that could help fuel muscle growth. Keep in mind that individual needs and goals may vary, so it's always best to consult with a professional for personalized advice.

Considering your current body composition and training goals, you should focus on a diet that is rich in protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates to promote muscle growth and recovery. Here's a sample meal plan for a day:

Breakfast:

Egg scramble with 4-5 whole eggs, vegetables (e.g., spinach, bell peppers, onions), and a sprinkle of cheese
A bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder, berries, and a tablespoon of natural nut butter (e.g., almond or peanut butter)
Mid-morning snack:

A protein shake with 1-2 scoops of protein powder, milk or water, and a banana
Lunch:

Grilled or baked chicken breast (8-10 ounces) with a side of brown rice (1-1.5 cups cooked) and mixed vegetables (e.g., broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)
A small mixed green salad with vinaigrette dressing
Mid-afternoon snack:

Greek yogurt (1-1.5 cups) mixed with protein powder, nuts, and honey
Dinner:

Grilled or baked salmon (8-10 ounces) with a side of quinoa (1-1.5 cups cooked) and a generous serving of green beans or asparagus
Evening snack:

Cottage cheese (1-1.5 cups) with berries and a sprinkle of nuts or seeds
Remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated. You can adjust portion sizes and ingredients based on your specific caloric and macronutrient needs. It's important to monitor your progress and make adjustments as needed to ensure you're on track to reach your goals. Consult a nutritionist or registered dietitian for personalized advice and guidance.
"""

Human:
"""
What are the total counts for calories, carbohydrates (sugar, fiber), proteins, and fats in the meal plan above?
"""

ChatGPT:
"""
Here is an approximate breakdown of the calories and macronutrients for the meal plan mentioned above. Please note that these numbers are only estimates and can vary based on portion sizes and the specific ingredients used.

Breakfast:

Egg scramble: 450 calories, 4g carbohydrates (1g fiber, 1g sugar), 32g protein, 33g fat
Oatmeal with protein powder, berries, and nut butter: 600 calories, 60g carbohydrates (10g fiber, 10g sugar), 45g protein, 20g fat
Mid-morning snack:

Protein shake with protein powder, milk or water, and a banana: 350 calories, 35g carbohydrates (4g fiber, 18g sugar), 40g protein, 5g fat
Lunch:

Chicken breast with brown rice and mixed vegetables: 700 calories, 80g carbohydrates (6g fiber, 4g sugar), 60g protein, 15g fat
Mixed green salad with vinaigrette dressing: 100 calories, 5g carbohydrates (1g fiber, 2g sugar), 1g protein, 7g fat

Mid-afternoon snack:

Greek yogurt with protein powder, nuts, and honey: 450 calories, 40g carbohydrates (4g fiber, 20g sugar), 40g protein, 10g fat
Dinner:

Salmon with quinoa and green beans or asparagus: 800 calories, 70g carbohydrates (10g fiber, 4g sugar), 60g protein, 30g fat
Mixed green salad with vinaigrette dressing: 100 calories, 5g carbohydrates (1g fiber, 2g sugar), 1g protein, 7g fat
Evening snack:

Cottage cheese with berries and nuts or seeds: 350 calories, 20g carbohydrates (3g fiber, 10g sugar), 30g protein, 15g fat
Total approximate values for the entire meal plan:

Calories: 3,800
Carbohydrates: 319g (40g fiber, 71g sugar)
Protein: 309g
Fat: 142g
These values are approximate and can vary depending on portion sizes, specific ingredients, and food preparation methods. It's essential to adjust the meal plan based on individual needs and preferences. Consult a nutritionist or registered dietitian for personalized advice and guidance.
"""

Not perfect. The system above has been trained with general knowledge and there is no specific format you "must" use to ask questions. Talk to it like a normal conversation and it uses context and previous elements of the current conversation to "understand."

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Let's try to get more protein in there:

Human:
"""
You are a personal trainer. I am your client. We both believe I am genetically gifted, and I am training to compete for the title of "Mr. Olympia."
I am 315 lbs at 13% body fat. I train with weights four days per week, and currently want to put more size on my 6'1" frame.
What should I eat tomorrow as part of a diet that will fuel muscle growth?
"""

ChatGPT:
"""
As an AI language model, I am not a certified personal trainer or nutritionist, but I can give you some general guidance on a diet that could help fuel muscle growth. Keep in mind that individual needs and goals may vary, so it's always best to consult with a professional for personalized advice.

Considering your current body composition and training goals, you should focus on a diet that is rich in protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates to promote muscle growth and recovery. Here's a sample meal plan for a day:

Breakfast:

Egg scramble with 4-5 whole eggs, vegetables (e.g., spinach, bell peppers, onions), and a sprinkle of cheese
A bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder, berries, and a tablespoon of natural nut butter (e.g., almond or peanut butter)
Mid-morning snack:

A protein shake with 1-2 scoops of protein powder, milk or water, and a banana
Lunch:

Grilled or baked chicken breast (8-10 ounces) with a side of brown rice (1-1.5 cups cooked) and mixed vegetables (e.g., broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)
Mid-afternoon snack:

Greek yogurt (1-1.5 cups) mixed with protein powder, nuts, and honey
Dinner:

Grilled or baked salmon (8-10 ounces) with a side of quinoa (1-1.5 cups cooked) and a generous serving of green beans or asparagus
Evening snack:

Cottage cheese (1-1.5 cups) with berries and a sprinkle of nuts or seeds
Remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated. You can adjust portion sizes and ingredients based on your specific caloric and macronutrient needs. It's important to monitor your progress and make adjustments as needed to ensure you're on track to reach your goals. Consult a nutritionist or registered dietitian for personalized advice and guidance.
"""

Human:
"""
What are the total counts for calories, carbohydrates (sugar, fiber), proteins, and fats in the meal plan above?
"""

ChatGPT:
"""
Here is an approximate breakdown of the calories and macronutrients for the meal plan mentioned above. Please note that these numbers are only estimates and can vary based on portion sizes and the specific ingredients used.

Breakfast:

Egg scramble: 450 calories, 4g carbohydrates (1g fiber, 1g sugar), 32g protein, 33g fat
Oatmeal with protein powder, berries, and nut butter: 600 calories, 60g carbohydrates (10g fiber, 10g sugar), 45g protein, 20g fat
Mid-morning snack:

Protein shake with protein powder, milk or water, and a banana: 350 calories, 35g carbohydrates (4g fiber, 18g sugar), 40g protein, 5g fat
Lunch:

Chicken breast with brown rice and mixed vegetables: 700 calories, 80g carbohydrates (6g fiber, 4g sugar), 60g protein, 15g fat

Mid-afternoon snack:

Greek yogurt with protein powder, nuts, and honey: 450 calories, 40g carbohydrates (4g fiber, 20g sugar), 40g protein, 10g fat
Dinner:

Salmon with quinoa and green beans or asparagus: 800 calories, 70g carbohydrates (10g fiber, 4g sugar), 60g protein, 30g fat
Evening snack:

Cottage cheese with berries and nuts or seeds: 350 calories, 20g carbohydrates (3g fiber, 10g sugar), 30g protein, 15g fat
Total approximate values for the entire meal plan:

Calories: 3,800
Carbohydrates: 319g (40g fiber, 71g sugar)
Protein: 309g
Fat: 142g
These values are approximate and can vary depending on portion sizes, specific ingredients, and food preparation methods. It's essential to adjust the meal plan based on individual needs and preferences. Consult a nutritionist or registered dietitian for personalized advice and guidance.
"""

Not perfect. The system above has been trained with general knowledge and there is no specific format you "must" use to ask questions. Talk to it like a normal conversation and it uses context and previous elements of the current conversation to "understand."
Thats nucken futs man!! Which site did u use? I can make my own diet and all sorts of crap wow

Reaction score
ChatGPT

You can play around with it for free. Twenty bucks a month for no limits.

You can describe a program you want and tell it what language it should be in and it will write the code.

Been thinking of setting up a Programmer listing on Fiver.
😀

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ChatGPT

You can play around with it for free. Twenty bucks a month for no limits.

You can describe a program you want and tell it what language it should be in and it will write the code.

Been thinking of setting up a Programmer listing on Fiver.
😀
Yeah i can get a remote job writting code now hahah

New Threads