What will happen if I quit taking my prescribed clomid?

Reaction score
Whatsup everyone and happy new year!

I went to a health and wellness doctor about 6 months ago to get stem cell injections for my torn rotator cuff and labrum. I also had them check my testosterone levels. The results came back around 350 nl/Dl. Being 25 years old we both felt that it’s a little low and I had been feeling affects of low testosterone.
He ended up prescribing me to clomid which I’ve been taking everyday since. Long story short, I don’t feel much better at all and I’m considering just quitting it. Will this make me worse than I was before taking it?

All answers and advice are appreciated.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score

I went to a health and wellness doctor about 6 months ago to get stem cell injections for my torn rotator cuff and labrum. I also had them check my testosterone levels. The results came back around 350 nl/Dl. Being 25 years old we both felt that it’s a little low and I had been feeling affects of low testosterone.
He ended up prescribing me to clomid which I’ve been taking everyday since. Long story short, I don’t feel much better at all and I’m considering just quitting it. Will this make me worse than I was before taking it?

clomid monotherapy is pretty standard practice to address low test levels, prior to committing to full blown TRT for life.

the thought process is roughly the same as PCT for PED users, using the clomid to restart production to a healthy level, then cutting it in hopes that levels remain in a more ideal range.
But its never meant as a long term alternative to TRT, its supposed to be 2-3 months max, then reassess levels.

your "Health and wellness" doctor sounds like a shitty clinic. ditch them.

As for your low t levels, if you arent a PED user, there are likely lifestyle factors imparing your testosterone levels that need addressing.

as a natural on my first set of bloods, my total t came back in the low 300s. I reassessed my lifestyle practices, most importantly sleep, and in my next set of bloodwork 6 months later i was in the mid 600s.

TLDR, Dont rely on drugs to fix things that can be addressed with lifestlye practice changes

Reaction score
clomid monotherapy is pretty standard practice to address low test levels, prior to committing to full blown TRT for life.

the thought process is roughly the same as PCT for PED users, using the clomid to restart production to a healthy level, then cutting it in hopes that levels remain in a more ideal range.
But its never meant as a long term alternative to TRT, its supposed to be 2-3 months max, then reassess levels.

your "Health and wellness" doctor sounds like a shitty clinic. ditch them.

As for your low t levels, if you arent a PED user, there are likely lifestyle factors imparing your testosterone levels that need addressing.

as a natural on my first set of bloods, my total t came back in the low 300s. I reassessed my lifestyle practices, most importantly sleep, and in my next set of bloodwork 6 months later i was in the mid 600s.

TLDR, Dont rely on drugs to fix things that can be addressed with lifestlye practice changes
Thanks for this! I just canceled. I’ve been paying $250 a month for absolutely nothing. Total scam

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
to put things in perspective, thats more than it would cost me to run TRT for a year

Reaction score
to put things in perspective, thats more than it would cost me to run TRT for a year
My general doctor would prescribe me TRT. I’m 25 and in amazing shape. I’ve ran a few cycles in my past and messed with sarms in high school that I think permanently screwed me up. I’m really debating TRT

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I’m really debating TRT
save it for an absolute last resort. its a life sentence.

your levels are "low" but not trt low.
make sure youre getting a good balanced diet that's covering your micro nutrient needs and make sure youre getting a good quantity of restful sleep.
dont use nicotine products or THC products.

theres a good amount you can check off to fix natural production first before committing to stabbing yourself twice a week for the rest of your life

Reaction score
save it for an absolute last resort. its a life sentence.

your levels are "low" but not trt low.
make sure youre getting a good balanced diet that's covering your micro nutrient needs and make sure youre getting a good quantity of restful sleep.
dont use nicotine products or THC products.

theres a good amount you can check off to fix natural production first before committing to stabbing yourself twice a week for the rest of your life
Right, I definitely understand that.
My diet and sleep routine is already very good, and I don’t use nicotine but I do smoke weed nightly. My main concern is fertility rather that 2 injections a week. The injections don’t bother me as much if I’m feeling better.

Reaction score
My general doctor would prescribe me TRT. I’m 25 and in amazing shape. I’ve ran a few cycles in my past and messed with sarms in high school that I think permanently screwed me up. I’m really debating TRT
if your axis recover on their own after clomid, (or after a second round of clomid maybe adjusting dosage and time of the cure), you can reach amazing levels for a natty.

Inviato dal mio S89Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Reaction score

I agree with majority of what you said, concerning addressing the underlying issues he may have going on, but if my test is that low, I know I’m going to feel terrible. Been there done that.

So I guess what I’m saying (or asking) is a 140-200 mg dose per week really going to make this guy feel worse? Hell, that could be all he needs to truly get his ass in gear (no joke intended) and assist him in making those changes? He doesn’t seems to want to go off the deep end and just want to feel better. Clomid is garbage for TRT, like you said and is also very standard as a starting point. But this is something that could help give him the discipline he needs to iron out some life wrinkles. And get serious. I just know how bad I felt when my test finally took a dump.

@Chasec2 All i would like to say is get a different doctor, one who understands TRT, because it’s way too easy and work with him to hopefully get you into the high-normal range on your TT results and same on FT. I get my test and HCG through my family doctor. 200 mg per week of test, but they send me a 10 ml bottle monthly and a bottle of Pregnyl HCG monthly at no cost because he got my insurance to pay. Not sure why they do that but I’m not complaining.

Why are your levels so low at 25? Have you been using PEDs in the past. That’s just awfully low for a guy your age?

Last edited:

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
My cousin was in a similar situation and was prescribed clomid. He just started getting gyno with no symptom relief.

Reaction score
I agree with majority of what you said, concerning addressing the underlying issues he may have going on, but if my test is that low, I know I’m going to feel terrible. Been there done that.

So I guess what I’m saying (or asking) is a 140-200 mg dose per week really going to make this guy feel worse? Hell, that could be all he needs to truly get his ass in gear (no joke intended) and assist him in making those changes? He doesn’t seems to want to go off the deep end and just want to feel better. Clomid is garbage for TRT, like you said and is also very standard as a starting point. But this is something that could help give him the discipline he needs to iron out some life wrinkles. And get serious. I just know how bad I felt when my test finally took a dump.

@Chasec2 All i would like to say is get a different doctor, one who understands TRT, because it’s way too easy and work with him to hopefully get you into the high-normal range on your TT results and same on FT. I get my test and HCG through my family doctor. 200 mg per week of test, but they send me a 10 ml bottle monthly and a bottle of Pregnyl HCG monthly at no cost because he got my insurance to pay. Not sure why they do that but I’m not complaining.

Why are your levels so low at 25? Have you been using PEDs in the past. That’s just awfully low for a guy your age?
Hey Fike, thanks for such a thorough answer.
I believe there’s a lot of factors that caused my test to crash at this age. I started sarms in high school before there were any research on them, I took LGD for almost 2 years straight. And over the past 5 years I’ve done 3 tren / test cycles with a PCT. And to top it off I played college football and basically had to medically retire from concussions which I hear can cause a decrease in test production.

You are completely right, I just want to feel good again. I have a family doctor who will prescribe be whatever I want when I ask him. I’m a few bad nights away from giving him a call and hopping on and never looking back.
I just fear for my fertility and other possible side affects of starting TRT at this age.
Once again, I really appreciate your response brother.

Reaction score

Maybe I'm not on the cutting edge of low t treatment, but wouldn't it be better to use test?

New Threads