Doing a Cycle with TRT

Reaction score
No reason to change what is already working. wait till gains stop. Trying to throw gear at something as opposed to optimizing food and training. Is the wrong approach. Most people's ideas of close to failure or real failure is far short of what failure actually is in my experience. Trying to fail will get better results for most as they have no clue how short of failure they may actually be.
Last week I was trying to make sure I did all I could for each set and dropped the weight when required.
Ok lemme point out a different angle Bro!
You are on test this does give you an advantage because your test is at a decent number………
Stick around grow a thick skin ,And learn how to become thick as fuk!

Don’t let our deliveries side track what we are after right!!

It’s worth hanging out here…
I will try to hang out here more.
you arent going to failure. if youre hitting the same weight for the same reps 3 times it's not to failure. look at someone like @Oakley6575 's log. he does 2 sets with the same weight, but the second set yields fewer reps because the muscle's already beat down from the first set.
Just had a look and surprised he is doing such high reps.

Reaction score
PPLPP - What is that? Push Pull Legs Push Pull?
I use Jefit to log my workout.
Am going to try and update my routine today ready for next week.
yes I do push/pull/legs/push/pull

I've used the Jefit app. ;lately I've been using an app called "persist" to create and track my routines.

Reaction score
this is my current routine all sets of 4 AMRAP. once I can get 4x8 at a given weight I up the weight.

PUSHPULLLEGPUSHPULL
FLAT BENCH PRESST BAR ROWLEG PRESSDB BENCH PRESSPULL UPS
INCLINE DB PRESSSEATED CABLE ROWHACK SQUATINCLINE BENCH PRESSLAT PULL DOWNS
OH BARBELL PRESSDUMBELL ROWLEG EXTENISIONDB OH PRESSSINGLE ARM LAT PULL DOWNS
CABLE LATERAL RAISESNEUTRAL GRIP T BAR ROWSEATED LEG CURLDB LATERAL RAISESSHRUGS
DUMBELL REVERESE FLYBARBELL CURLSEATED CALF RAISESMACHINE FLYSDB CURL
CABLE FLYPREACHER CURLSTANDING CALF RAISESPRESS DOWNSWAITER CURL
SKULL CRUSHERSCABLE CURLABSREVERESE TRICEP PRESS DOWNS21'S
ROPE PRESS DOWNBACK EXTENSIONS

Reaction score
this is my current routine all sets of 4 AMRAP. once I can get 4x8 at a given weight I up the weight.

PUSHPULLLEGPUSHPULL
CABLE LATERAL RAISESNEUTRAL GRIP T BAR ROWSEATED LEG CURLDB LATERAL RAISESSHRUGS
32 sets on those first 2 days 😱

Reaction score
No need for a coach. Every movement is online with videos and descriptions. Sounds like you may be putting a mental block on yourself.

I'd bump up the reps if you think your form isn't up to par. I like hitting 15 reps on each back squat set (low heavy reps if my ego takes over). 4-5 sets. Then I'll do the same for walking lunges but more reps. If done right, I'm limping to my car.

Machines are good to warm up and get those muscle fibers activated. Not much else unless you're hitting the stage and need every muscle to be on display. Plus, all machines do is cause instabilities.

Best of luck dude!

Reaction score
you must not squat much
I go heavier now but for years, my body only responded well to the higher reps range. Now my legs stay thick. I got the program from a moderator from TSC (BigBench) years ago who trained me. Not sure if he's around anymore.

I feel like something similar will help the original poster. 4-6 reps is too little if he doesn't have the movement down pat

buck

Reaction score
Last week I was trying to make sure I did all I could for each set and dropped the weight when required.
Now continue training till failure with all sets for a year and then see where you are at.

Reaction score

PUSHPULLLEGPUSHPULL
Thanks for sharing your routine. Far out that's a lot! For now I'll keep my workout to an hour. :)
No need for a coach. Every movement is online with videos and descriptions. Sounds like you may be putting a mental block on yourself.

I'd bump up the reps if you think your form isn't up to par. I like hitting 15 reps on each back squat set (low heavy reps if my ego takes over). 4-5 sets. Then I'll do the same for walking lunges but more reps. If done right, I'm limping to my car.

Machines are good to warm up and get those muscle fibers activated. Not much else unless you're hitting the stage and need every muscle to be on display. Plus, all machines do is cause instabilities.

Best of luck dude!
I agree, better to work out what I need from you guys and experience. Am ditching the machines where possible for free weights. Barbell rows definately need more reps as I don't think I do them right.
Now continue training till failure with all sets for a year and then see where you are at.
That's the plan. Felt like a pussy lifting lighter weights to get higher reps and dropping them to go to failure on the next set but I'm able to humble byself to get the gains.

I am quite surprised to find that after a year of doing machine weights that my free weight strength had not increased! I have noticed a size difference in the mirror but it did not result in a strength difference.

Yesterday it felt like someone slabbed my shoulders doing the workouts.

I was thinking about adding a workout log here to keep me accountable to you guys. Is that something I can do?

buck

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your routine. Far out that's a lot! For now I'll keep my workout to an hour. :)

I agree, better to work out what I need from you guys and experience. Am ditching the machines where possible for free weights. Barbell rows definately need more reps as I don't think I do them right.

That's the plan. Felt like a pussy lifting lighter weights to get higher reps and dropping them to go to failure on the next set but I'm able to humble byself to get the gains.

I am quite surprised to find that after a year of doing machine weights that my free weight strength had not increased! I have noticed a size difference in the mirror but it did not result in a strength difference.

Yesterday it felt like someone slabbed my shoulders doing the workouts.

I was thinking about adding a workout log here to keep me accountable to you guys. Is that something I can do?
Stabbing pains in a joint tend to not be a good thing. I would look at your form.
Machine lifts are not comparable to free weights.
I lift the weights that i can, not what i want. Progress is the goal not how much i life today. But was it more weight or reps. with the same good form. using crappy form to get more reps or weight is a poor way to progress.

Reaction score
I agree with what Buck said, form should be goal number 1. Once you get to a point where you can move decent free weight then you may be able to cheat a little or look at partial reps to keep making progress.

buck

Reaction score
I just ran straight sets for years and didn 't need partials, drop sets etc. Just accruing strength with enough reps kept me growing my first few years. Trying to add ways to stress a muscle for a longer period meant i had to do less sets and left me open for more injury from the higher stress sets. Once the brain thinks growing muscle is the best way to make life easier more stress doesn't really add much in my experience. I always figured i had to recover from my workout then i grew. Many just recover and train again and a year later they look the same. I saved the high intensity stuff for when everything else had stopped working.

New Threads