Hgh and insulin use

Oakley6575

Reaction score
Do I need to know more than 10 grams carbs per iu or is that bullshit as well
I think that depends on what kind of insulin you are using. Something rapid like humalog, I'd start at 15g per iu, then go to 12.5g, 11g, and keep going down until you find your limit. You also need to be careful if you are taking humalog more than once in a day. You don't want to active life of the first dose to overlap your second dose.

If you take 1iu/10g of carbs on your first dose, and then take that same ratio for your next meal, if the first dose is still active, you'll go hypo.

But with me and Novolin R, I've found I can take a little more than 1iu/10g before going hypo. Not sure if that means I am insulin resistant, or if I just have my meals timed perfectly for the infusion rate...?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I think that depends on what kind of insulin you are using. Something rapid like humalog, I'd start at 15g per iu, then go to 12.5g, 11g, and keep going down until you find your limit. You also need to be careful if you are taking humalog more than once in a day. You don't want to active life of the first dose to overlap your second dose.

If you take 1iu/10g of carbs on your first dose, and then take that same ratio for your next meal, if the first dose is still active, you'll go hypo.

Very accurate.

That's why you should take a blood glucose reading before every humalog injection.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
Very accurate.

That's why you should take a blood glucose reading before every humalog injection.
This is exactly how I figured out my meal timing on Novolin R. Once my glucose level hit 85, I would eat my next meal.

If you take Humalog, and your glucose is 75 at your next meal, you definitely don't want to use the 1iu/10g ratio or your fucked. Might want to do 1iu/20g or something for this meal.

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
This is exactly how I figured out my meal timing on Novolin R. Once my glucose level hit 85, I would eat my next meal.

If you take Humalog, and your glucose is 75 at your next meal, you definitely don't want to use the 1iu/10g ratio or your fucked. Might want to do 1iu/20g or something for this meal.

Yup, that's how I did it too. Started at a 1iu:20gC ratio, worked my way down from there to 1:10 for initial dose.

Next shot 2 hours later, I'd check my BG, and adjust my dose according to that reading.

Always had a package of Smarties on hand, just in case. 4 rolls is about 25g of dextrose/glucose, which is plenty to get you out of a hypo incident.

Reaction score
I think the most beneficial time to use insulin would be either intra workout, or post workout. Are you taking in any carbs during your workout? Or just after?

As far as the gh, you can split doses AM and prebed if you want, but I never noticed a difference doing that vs just taking it all prebed.
Just after, I tried taking slin preworkout so I made sure to have some carbs in my drink but I didn't like it. Only water for me during workouts

Oakley6575

Reaction score
Then I would take (90g carbs / 15) 6 units before your post workout shake and see how you feel. Work your way down to (90g/10) 9 units over the next few training sessions and see how you feel. You'll most likely go hypo anymore than that but that is for you to figure out.

Again, what you don't want to do is go hypo, slam a bunch of food, and then bitch about how insulin made you fat.

Reaction score
When u eat 800 grams of carbs a day insulin is NEEDED imo. That's a hefty meal plan. I don't miss that much eatting.
Based on what I read, which is what got me interested in reading about insulin is earring too much carbs. Give your pancreas a break :p
As soon as I switched careers my calorie count dropped 1400 calories and I was still bulking

Reaction score
What's your macro balance 60/25/15 or the tried n true 50/30/20?

Oakley6575

Reaction score
I carb cycle so mine change based on the day.

High (1 Day/wk): 16/80/4
Medium (2 Days/wk): 25/60/15
Low (4 Days/wk): 34/36/30

Reaction score
So you would still just do the timings I already have set?
Hgh-morning(fast) and before bed
Insulin-post workout
Reading about how everyone always says "synergistic effects' I was thinking maybe they would need to be used together. Like switch my GH to somewhere in the feeding window of the slin

New Threads