Pushing 60

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a bit of a loner and not much of a joiner, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I've worked out in one form or another for over 40 years and am currently attempting to recapture fading youth.
Who am I kidding. That ship sailed, but I'm fighting the good fight anyway. I'll try searching for answers prior to asking a question that's been repeatedly addressed.
Favorites from my time are Mike Mentzer and Frank Zane.
Thanks for your time.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Howdy

You're in good company, plenty of us around that age that could of rode the same bus to school.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A fellow AARP member ... welcome ... you've found an excellent resource ...

Reaction score
Thanks. I have quite a bit of reading to catch up with.

Reaction score
Hi Rick. It's nice to see people in my age group pushing the envelope. So many of my contemporaries have given up. I know perspective and bias come into play, but I see people I graduated high school with on occasion and I think "Holy crap! That guy was the best athlete in high school, and now he looks like a friend of my Dad's".

Reaction score
I will be 60 in May and am enjoying a renewed vigor in my workouts--going balls to the wall 5-6 days per week, one muscle group per day. Keep up with it!

Reaction score
I will be 60 in May and am enjoying a renewed vigor in my workouts--going balls to the wall 5-6 days per week, one muscle group per day. Keep up with it!
Four days a week on a push/pull setup is plenty for me with a 72-80 hour work week. What's your secret to working out on a schedule like that? I'm not buying the "good clean living and eating a bran muffin each morning". Thanks for the help.

New Threads