Source help

Reaction score
Hey I'm pretty new to these forums I've been doing a lot of research over some several months regarding sources. Would anyone be able to give me pointers on places to avoid or things to look out for. Not asking for sources just asking for some help to so I can differentiate a good source from a bad one.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
you want to find sources with testing, from third parties if at all possible.
unfortunately in todays scene, reviews are almost completely worthless unless they are coming from someone you are actually familiar with and trust, and are accompanied with testing.

if a source does not have any testing results from jano or lab4tox, they are trash, fakes, or scammers as far as im concerned. No amount of praise or anecdotes from other people would convince me to use them.

BigChief1

Reaction score
I verify the source does testing, I prefer incentives for doing my own testing. Price is another biggy for me. I ain’t saying go dirt cheap but paying more than $40 for a vial of test seems like a rip and your getting middled.

First time with any new source im sending it off for testing. If it’s verified I got what I ordered at a dose I believe is accurate then I stick with that source and still periodically send out for testing. If however they send me some bunk shit then I publicly blast their ass!

Reaction score
read. research.
what are the most important things to you?
for me it's security, testing/quality and cleanliness in no particular order.
it's up to you to define what makes a source secure, quality and clean etc.
To be completely honest I want to make sure what I'm taking is clean before anything else. I could live with the fact that the stuff I get is a little underdosed as long as everything is clean

Reaction score
I verify the source does testing, I prefer incentives for doing my own testing. Price is another biggy for me. I ain’t saying go dirt cheap but paying more than $40 for a vial of test seems like a rip and your getting middled.

First time with any new source im sending it off for testing. If it’s verified I got what I ordered at a dose I believe is accurate then I stick with that source and still periodically send out for testing. If however they send me some bunk shit then I publicly blast their ass!
What place do you usually send it off for testing somewhere like jano? I know he's reputable

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
What place do you usually send it off for testing somewhere like jano? I know he's reputable
yeah, jano is the one we see the most commonly used and is very reputable.

he has a thread on this board with an email or you can just search "janoshik analyticals" to find him

i think he charges 120 a test, you just take a 1ml sample and put it in a perfume sample bottle you can get off amazon.

he makes the whole process very simple and explains it all very well in his email.

as for sterility and concerns with clean gear, unfortunately testing wont show that, but generally speaking, if a source is selling dirty stuff they get blown up pretty hard. People typically dont take kindly to pip and infections. In addition, again generally speaking, any source thats going to go through the hassle of testing, or has 3rd party testing showing their brews are accurately dosed, PROBABLY takes decent sterility practices.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
you want to find sources with testing, from third parties if at all possible.
unfortunately in todays scene, reviews are almost completely worthless unless they are coming from someone you are actually familiar with and trust, and are accompanied with testing.

if a source does not have any testing results from jano or lab4tox, they are trash, fakes, or scammers as far as im concerned. No amount of praise or anecdotes from other people would convince me to use them.
Reviews have always been trash, toss free stuff to a guy and his friends and they will fill up good reviews.

Testing raws asures there are no mixed products, blind tested finished product show 300mg isn't actually 200mg and so forth.

Damn, you all turned me , lol!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
yeah, jano is the one we see the most commonly used and is very reputable.

he has a thread on this board with an email or you can just search "janoshik analyticals" to find him

i think he charges 120 a test, you just take a 1ml sample and put it in a perfume sample bottle you can get off amazon.

he makes the whole process very simple and explains it all very well in his email.

as for sterility and concerns with clean gear, unfortunately testing wont show that, but generally speaking, if a source is selling dirty stuff they get blown up pretty hard. People typically dont take kindly to pip and infections. In addition, again generally speaking, any source thats going to go through the hassle of testing, or has 3rd party testing showing their brews are accurately dosed, PROBABLY takes decent sterility practices.
Yup, infections are a key to look at.

Someone maybe gave themself an infection is one thing but when they're commonly spoken about is when you run far and fast.

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Reviews have always been trash, toss free stuff to a guy and his friends and they will fill up good reviews.

Testing raws asures there are no mixed products, blind tested finished product show 300mg isn't actually 200mg and so forth.

Damn, you all turned me , lol!
Testing finished product confirms that the brewer knows what he's doing with those raws that were shown to be solid through HPLC testing. Its why it takes a Village to keep things on the up and up.

GSgator

Reaction score
Yup, infections are a key to look at.

Someone maybe gave themself an infection is one thing but when they're commonly spoken about is when you run far and fast.
I had to trash around 50ml of some bad test years ago . Word got around faster then a wild fire unfortunately I was a pin in and experience the worse PIP ever . I dodged a infection but believe a
Second pin or a complete rotation back to the same site would have most definitely given me one . I’m cheap and would have dug my own grave and continued to use the tanted shit but like the others mentioned ppl sound the horn real fast when a dirty batch is out .

crido887

Reaction score
I have been. Fortunate I haven't gotten bad gear.

Look at the good reviews, check the background of the reviewer. Same with the bad reviews.

Testing

The sources overall attitude is a big one.

Reaction score

Don't say, bro, you saying $40 CAD , then i am getting ripped for 3 years lol

Kraken

Reaction score
In addition to what others have said, communication. Sometimes a source reads half your message, or misreads it, or does not respond. Or responds days later. It kills my confidence that he will actually deliver the product, or that it will be right, after I put CIM. Reading and replying is a lot easier than brewing and fulfilling. If they can't handle that, well...

One of the more frustrating things is that sources come and go, even good ones go, for whatever reason. So after 9 to 12 months, right back to square one.

Reaction score
I searched a few of the big forums and wrote down the most liked sources while also looking at complaints. I also checked if they did 3rd party testing. Then I narrowed it down to top 3 and went from there. Just make sure they are also recent reviews and still in business.

New Threads