2024 U.S. Presidential Election

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This thread needs to be closed. Politics like religion should not be on this forum. All this is going to do is cause a divide.
It does not matter what side you're on. YOU'RE not going to change anyone's mind. If you're for trump, vote for trump. If you're for biden, vote for biden. NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP
its a great way to find out who the real dumb fucks are

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just put these threads in the flame forum by default. They ALWAYS devolve into mudslinging.

Banning people for getting triggered over posts like this is just entrapment 😂

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Expecting a bunch of semi-literate juiceheads to conduct a civil and well-informed sociopolitical discussion is straight hubris

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What do you see as the biggest threat?
I'm interested in what your thoughts are on the subject. You know mine, since I've voiced them with you and others, and also posted evidence that's nowhere near "Newsmax" material, to support it.

Do you think there are no serious consequences to how open our border is? Do you think that our adversaries would not look at this as an opportunity to send military men/sleeper cells into the country to gather info and prepare? Bc we know for sure there have been terrorists that have been caught, and those terrorists are only a small fraction compared to those who have gotten through.

It doesn't take many people to cause local chaos. It took less than a dozen men to pull off 911, it took 2 to pull off the marathon bombing, it took 2 to cause widespread fear and paranoia with the "DC snipers". Look at what just happened in Israel. Imagine all those happening simultaneously through out the country, and in major cities that have massively defunded the police and where our grid is extremely fragile.

I think it's naive to believe that nothing like that could happen here. EVERY empire falls.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I'm interested in what your thoughts are on the subject. You know mine, since I've voiced them with you and others, and also posted evidence that's nowhere near "Newsmax" material, to support it.

Fair enough and that's true.

Do you think there are no serious consequences to how open our border is? Do you think that our adversaries would not look at this as an opportunity to send military men/sleeper cells into the country to gather info and prepare? Bc we know for sure there have been terrorists that have been caught, and those terrorists are only a small fraction compared to those who have gotten through.

I think there are plenty of consequences for how open our border is, and I would never advocate for it to be this way.

I believe the main threats are related to gangs, drugs and human trafficking. Individuals who will potentially rape or kill once in the United States. I find that much more worrying than these Tom Clancy type scenarios where foreign militaries are invading.

It doesn't take many people to cause local chaos. It took less than a dozen men to pull off 911,

They largely worked within the system and were here legally. Certainly none of them crossed a border to get here, so a fence or wall would not have prevented anything.

Why would our adversaries need to exploit an open border when there are easier and less obvious ways to do it?

it took 2 to pull off the marathon bombing,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were here legally.

it took 2 to cause widespread fear and paranoia with the "DC snipers".

I grew up just outside of DC and remember the constant lockdowns at school.

From what I remember, John Allen Muhammad was originally from Louisiana and was a Gulf War veteran.

Look at what just happened in Israel. Imagine all those happening simultaneously through out the country, and in major cities that have massively defunded the police and where our grid is extremely fragile.

Do you think this is likely to happen? And if so, can we chalk it all up to border security?

I think it's naive to believe that nothing like that could happen here. EVERY empire falls.

I agree with you here.

But let me ask you this....are our worsening internal divisions not more worrying than these hypotheticals about outside forces?

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fair enough and that's true.

I think there are plenty of consequences for how open our border is, and I would never advocate for it to be this way.

I believe the main threats are related to gangs, drugs and human trafficking. Individuals who will potentially rape or kill once in the United States. I find that much more worrying than these Tom Clancy type scenarios where foreign militaries are invading.

They largely worked within the system and were here legally. Certainly none of them crossed a border to get here, so a fence or wall would not have prevented anything.

Why would our adversaries need to exploit an open border when there are easier and less obvious ways to do it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were here legally.

I grew up just outside of DC and remember the constant lockdowns at school.

From what I remember, John Allen Muhammad was originally from Louisiana and was a Gulf War veteran.

Do you think this is likely to happen? And if so, can we chalk it all up to border security?

I agree with you here.

But let me ask you this....are our worsening internal divisions not more worrying than these hypotheticals about outside forces?
Thanks for the response, brother.

I don't think the cartels are going to affect our country as much as foreign adversaries, imo. We are the reason the caretls exist. But these cartels are 100% profiting off of the open border in more than just it being easier to traffic drugs. Border agents have found that many of these immigrants are paying north of 50k to have the cartels help them across the border. That doesn't sound like people trying to escape economic poverty. Why come to a country where more than half the population is 1 health crisis away from homelessness when you can afford to shell out 50k?

We'll have to disagree on the concept that there are easier ways to get in than an open border, and yes, all of those incidents I listed those people were here legally, but that's not what I was getting at. My main point was to show how little manpower it takes to cause absolute chaos, and how many resources it takes to combat those. Now multiply that nationwide in our current political dilemma.

I agree that coming through the border would be the most obvious way to get here, and yet we still don't track how many or who is coming across. Millions of people have come over in the last few years. I would not put it past countries to send their "troops" over to become sleeper cells and find strategic ways to beat us from the inside, considering that's the only way they would be able to win.

As for our worsening internal divisions. Social media and the legacy media are largely to blame for this division, and the same actors I'm talking about crossing the border are also taking advantage of social media by using bot accounts to cause internal strife. They may not create it, but they for sure fuel the fire and make the fringe minority seem louder than they really are, which in turn creates a social contagion among some and the opposing side swings back even harder. It goes hand in hand, imo. Break the citizens patriotism, make them vote incompetent leadership, cause internal strife and the country will start to crumble on its own. Like the old afghan proverb "you have the watches, we have the time."

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, brother.

Anytime, and I appreciate the conversation.

I don't think the cartels are going to affect our country as much as foreign adversaries, imo. We are the reason the caretls exist. But these cartels are 100% profiting off of the open border in more than just it being easier to traffic drugs. Border agents have found that many of these immigrants are paying north of 50k to have the cartels help them across the border. That doesn't sound like people trying to escape economic poverty. Why come to a country where more than half the population is 1 health crisis away from homelessness when you can afford to shell out 50k?

Good point. And I did not know that about the 50K, but it shows that a lot of people are not trying to escape poverty or violence, but to come here for other motives. I agree these are the types of people who would be much less likely to make their way into our country if the border was secure.

I generally believe that the drugs pouring over the border are only a problem because of the fact they have a huge customer base here. It's an ill of American society with no easy solution.

We'll have to disagree on the concept that there are easier ways to get in than an open border, and yes, all of those incidents I listed those people were here legally, but that's not what I was getting at. My main point was to show how little manpower it takes to cause absolute chaos, and how many resources it takes to combat those. Now multiply that nationwide in our current political dilemma.

That's very true. It's hard to accept that a small group of guys from the Middle East could change history forever, or that two rejects of society could terrorize an entire metro area for weeks on end.

I agree that coming through the border would be the most obvious way to get here, and yet we still don't track how many or who is coming across. Millions of people have come over in the last few years. I would not put it past countries to send their "troops" over to become sleeper cells and find strategic ways to beat us from the inside, considering that's the only way they would be able to win.

My question for this is, if we don't know how many people are coming across, where do the claims come from? I brought up Newsmax because I have family who watch it and I'm familiar with their reporting style. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was lumping you in with that.

I just see reports like "10,000 people came across last week from 100 different countries" and wonder how that can be true while also claiming we have no idea who the people are.

I don't ask this to be a smart ass or anything; it just feels like two different narratives are thrown out simultaneously.

As for our worsening internal divisions. Social media and the legacy media are largely to blame for this division, and the same actors I'm talking about crossing the border are also taking advantage of social media by using bot accounts to cause internal strife. They may not create it, but they for sure fuel the fire and make the fringe minority seem louder than they really are, which in turn creates a social contagion among some and the opposing side swings back even harder. It goes hand in hand, imo. Break the citizens patriotism, make them vote incompetent leadership, cause internal strife and the country will start to crumble on its own. Like the old afghan proverb "you have the watches, we have the time."

Social media and legacy media are definitely deserving of most of the blame. When I watch clips of these same news outlets from the '80s or '90s, it makes me sad knowing what they've become.

What can be done to stop so many Americans from falling for that stuff? Seems like more and more people are happy to be at each others' throats.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anytime, and I appreciate the conversation.

Good point. And I did not know that about the 50K, but it shows that a lot of people are not trying to escape poverty or violence, but to come here for other motives. I agree these are the types of people who would be much less likely to make their way into our country if the border was secure.

I generally believe that the drugs pouring over the border are only a problem because of the fact they have a huge customer base here. It's an ill of American society with no easy solution.

That's very true. It's hard to accept that a small group of guys from the Middle East could change history forever, or that two rejects of society could terrorize an entire metro area for weeks on end.

My question for this is, if we don't know how many people are coming across, where do the claims come from? I brought up Newsmax because I have family who watch it and I'm familiar with their reporting style. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was lumping you in with that.

I just see reports like "10,000 people came across last week from 100 different countries" and wonder how that can be true while also claiming we have no idea who the people are.

I don't ask this to be a smart ass or anything; it just feels like two different narratives are thrown out simultaneously.

Social media and legacy media are definitely deserving of most of the blame. When I watch clips of these same news outlets from the '80s or '90s, it makes me sad knowing what they've become.

What can be done to stop so many Americans from falling for that stuff? Seems like more and more people are happy to be at each others' throats.
I get what you mean when wondering about the number of immigrants coming in. Some sources say they're not counting, others are reporting numbers. My guess is there are multiple agencies along the border that either do count (state authorities), at least the best they can, and give those estimates, and then there's the agencies (federal) do not count. Then there's getaways that are caught and those numbers may be added. In the end its basically all estimations. But we can all agree it's a literally fuck ton of people.

Here's the source where an agent gives the amount these people are paying, and how the cartels are receiving payment. And i know I know...it's fucking Dr Phil. Lol. But the man is doing what the legacy media SHOULD be doing. Fast forward to 4:20 in and that's where they talk about the pay for transport.

Reaction score
I can’t wait to ask what kinda American are u? Wrong answer and I’ll shoot
How about if a person is neutral? All my friends like Trump, everyone in my family, wth one exception, likes Trump, and my wife likes him, so if push comes to shove I'm hanging with my tribe.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How about if a person is neutral? All my friends like Trump, everyone in my family, wth one exception, likes Trump, and my wife likes him, so if push comes to shove I'm hanging with my tribe.
Replace Terminator with Bundy

Kraken

Reaction score

You sir, find yourself in excellent company.

But in truth, I like Trump's policies more than I like Trump. Trump the man seems like a jerk. But I'm not voting for who has the best personality, I';m voting for who will lead the free world, appoint judges and control the football.

Swiper.

Elite
Reaction score
Much respect for Bro Bundy an immigrant turned American citizens who loves this country more than the people who were born and brought up here.
We need more Bro Brundy’s in this country

The black, Hispanic and Asian vote is turning towards Trump. The Democrats are fucked.
They sold them out and every other American citizen to the globalist community, corporate interest, and billionaires that control and support the Democrat party

Trump 2024

at least with Trump things could improve a little bit, but not get much better. At least during his next term, things can get a little better and stabilize, this country is still fucked.
The Republican has failed.

Swiper.

Elite
Reaction score
Isn't america kind of just a ponzy scheme? We need more people buying in. Or it's to force some new ID law I've heard that floated.

Speaking of Ponzi schemes, the only difference between a Ponzi scheme and Social Security one is voluntary and one is mandatory.

The United States federal government is running the biggest Ponzi scheme in the world, and everybody continues to pay into it without any notable objections.

But hey, we have a printing press no biggie. Lmao

Swiper.

Elite
Reaction score
I was born in 1991. So yes I was in 5th grade when 9/11 happened.

My point was that the hijackers did not need to break any laws to be among us. They were able to work within the system of visas for the most part.

I’m almost positive some of them overstay their visas, and should’ve been deported immediately. Another failure of the government.