Biggest name here?

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This post is nothing if not entertaining
I'd like to recommend that you see the Secret to getting HUGE thread ... it gave some helpful advise along the line of #1 Life heavy things - #2 Then lifter heavier things (called progressive overload) #3 Eat a lot (especially protein) #4 Be consistent (do these things for years and decades not weeks and months) ... PLUS as a bonus it shares that best information is typically ascertained from smaller guys (coaches basically) who actually really knew their shit but were genetically blessed nor did that take massive PED like many of the HUGE dudes ...

IE transaction (in case you did not understand my point) ... BIG NAMES or social media followings are likely trying to sell something ... where we won't waste time on that ... plus you'll get diverse info as different things work for different people and often there are more than one solutions or right way to do things ... don't limit yourself ...

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
that thread is trash.

should be called obvious things are obvious.

at least answer OP's question.
As for the obvious - true that is why that thread was funny ... however the obvious is not done by the majority of people which why it's relevant (here or anywhere)... missing just 10% to 20% workouts over a decade or 10% to 20% of the required protein or properly progressively overloading all account for why many don't get results .. in fact I don't want to leave out number Lift heavy things (many don't do that either) ...

Knowing the path is NOT the same as walking the path ...

As for answering his question I did .. in the bonus section - I said HUGE guys or big names are a waste of time for the most part as they are trying to selling something much of the time ...

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Publix is out. But....I can foot fight a porcupine until it shits in the floor as a substitute. Your call.
I fought porcupine once ,, Until I stopped and thought ,, WTF am I doing !!??

Tearing down an old barn and were cutting out big sections of the floor and pulling it out with a big grabber on a boom

As Pete starts to grab a section of it , this thing bolts out stops in front of me , I jump back and just swing a 5 foot iron bar i got in my hand and smash it , fucking Reggie Jackson didn't have shit on that swing

Rolled that fat bastard over ,, it jumped right back up and squared off at me growling !!!

I beat feet for the truck n grabbed the good ol AMT Hardballer from the front seat.

Porcupine vs .45

.45 Flawless Victory :cool:

An if any one has never heard of AMT or a Hardballer long slide .45 they were amazing. Wish I never sold it. One of the best sides I ever owned.

Last edited:

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In your opinion who is the most famous person here?
Sorry to use a Rocky quote but "Don't get mentally irregular"?

I said big names would be counter productive here. I understand that you are new and don't understand the dynamics here .. so consider using ears and mouth in proportion as my dear old dad suggested to me some decades ago ...

This is not a supplement sales website or source shop ... if you been around from the start you would have heard members talking about knowing Pro's ... working with them ... knowing Pro trainers etc ... but SI was not built to marketing products ... it was designed to disseminate information ...

Reaction score
I'd like to recommend that you see the Secret to getting HUGE thread ... it gave some helpful advise along the line of #1 Life heavy things - #2 Then lifter heavier things (called progressive overload) #3 Eat a lot (especially protein) #4 Be consistent (do these things for years and decades not weeks and months) ... PLUS as a bonus it shares that best information is typically ascertained from smaller guys (coaches basically) who actually really knew their shit but were genetically blessed nor did that take massive PED like many of the HUGE dudes ...

IE transaction (in case you did not understand my point) ... BIG NAMES or social media followings are likely trying to sell something ... where we won't waste time on that ... plus you'll get diverse info as different things work for different people and often there are more than one solutions or right way to do things ... don't limit yourself ...
Did you really recommend YOUR OWN thread?

Do you believe that is the best one here or something? @Pillars of Balance had a better one before that, I'll have to dig it up. And @TomJ has a hypertrophy thread that's much better.

Your thread is a video that you watched, then summarized and people discussed. Meh. It was good. Not the end all be all thread.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

Do you believe that is the best one here or something? @Pillars of Balance had a better one before that, I'll have to dig it up. And @TomJ has a hypertrophy thread that's much better.

Your thread is a video that you watched, then summarized and people discussed. Meh. It was good. Not the end all be all thread.
I really like TomJ's thread. It's an excellent primer for those getting started, or those that have been spinning their wheels and they know it.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Yes indeed I did ... lol - those other would like be far better training choices ... I was attempting some humor is all ... I remember seeing TJ's which was a seriously well thought out post on exactly what to do pretty much superiors in everyway to my recommendation ...

Reaction score

It's ok to take the Fedora off and enjoy the lighthearted question.

New Threads