E2 too high

Reaction score
So I’m about 6 weeks off a cycle and back to regular 200 mg trt doses. Been feeling a little shitty lately so got bloodwork yesterday and everything looked good. Only markers that were high was test at 1400 and e2 at 90. I’m guessing the lack of energy I’m having lately is related to the estrogen and it’s a little scary seeing it that high. Everything I’ve read says that elevated e2 for extended periods of time is pretty dangerous for your health so wanna get your thoughts. I take ai while on cycle but haven’t taken it on trt before. By the way I also got it checked during first couple weeks of cycle in December because I was developing a little gyno and it came back at 51. Tia

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
You're at 1400ng/dl, you can afford to lower your TRT dosage so that your E2 is lowered. You 99% most likely would not notice a difference between 1400ng/dl and 1000ng/dl, but your E2 would improve significantly.

You can also micro dose your TRT and inject it daily instead of only doing it 1 or 2 times per week. That will give you less of a swing in your E2, and have a lower E2 overall.

Personally I'd just reduce my dosage if it was a problem. 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
You're at 1400ng/dl, you can afford to lower your TRT dosage so that your E2 is lowered. You 99% most likely would not notice a difference between 1400ng/dl and 1000ng/dl, but your E2 would improve significantly.

You can also micro dose your TRT and inject it daily instead of only doing it 1 or 2 times per week. That will give you less of a swing in your E2, and have a lower E2 overall.

Personally I'd just reduce my dosage if it was a problem. 🤷‍♂️
Ok I usual pin on Fri and tues and got bloods on Monday. So bloodwork was done day before my usual pin. Doesn’t this seem abnormally crazy high, even if I was on cycle I think this is way too high

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Ok I usual pin on Fri and tues and got bloods on Monday. So bloodwork was done day before my usual pin. Doesn’t this seem abnormally crazy high, even if I was on cycle I think this is way too high
You might have accidentally injected more than you thought, or if it's from a UGL then it might be overdosed and you don't realize it.

High is relative to each individual. Personally I tolerate E2 well. The E2 is high, but I personally wouldn't call it crazy high.

In the medical study community an E2 to test ratio of 14.1 is considered the threshold for high. Really this number is meaningless since each person is different, but for the sake of conversation we'll continue using that ratio number. Your ratio is 15.38. So in the scientific community you'd be considered well within the realm of high.

The issue is that we make decisions based off symptoms relative to our blood work, and not any number on a piece of paper by itself. For me, I would need a more concrete symptom than "I'm tired" to blame it on my E2. But if you feel that's your issue then reduce your dosage, go to microdosing, or start taking an AI. Those are your options.

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
Just low energy mostly, fatigue, etc was going on for couple weeks finally checked my bp was a little high at 160/120 but that’s hour after gym, later came down to 130/98 and even lower later. Sex drives been down which is totally out of character. Like I could care less, even during 🤣🤣 erections are okay but definitely not 100% and if I don’t stay focused they’re worse so that’s why I went for bloods

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Just low energy mostly, fatigue, etc was going on for couple weeks finally checked my bp was a little high at 160/120 but that’s hour after gym, later came down to 130/98 and even lower later. Sex drives been down which is totally out of character. Like I could care less, even during 🤣🤣 erections are okay but definitely not 100% and if I don’t stay focused they’re worse so that’s why I went for bloods

I was going to ask about your BP. Keep checking it, and lower your dose to 150 mg/wk. You'll feel better.

Reaction score
Just checked bp couple hours apart and ranges were totally normal. 135 /78
Gonna drop down to 150 mg of test a week and redo bloods in two or three weeks. Thank u guys 👍🏼