High E2

buck

Reaction score
Been having E2 issues for a going on a year. Worked out for 50 years. Mostly weights but aerobics fairly often as well. Eat healthy all my life. Probably take way more OTC supps then i need but always have and nothing new there. Been on Dr. prescribed TRT for about 24 years, doing 15mg/day for a few years now. Keeps me about 720-820 range. For the last 10 years my cycles have been a whooping 200-300mg/week when i do 1. Usually test or test and primo that i know is good. E2 levels when i started 24 years ago were 9-14. Never had any real issues controlling E2 even on cycles. over the last 20 years it has risen to the 30's or a little higher using .5mg a week at most of Anastrozole. Then hit a big jump a year ago. On TRT dose now with .5 mg 3x week of anastrozole the E2 is still high. Just got my last labs in and it showed E2 was 65 and T was 730. Everything else looked good as usual other than the A/G ratio which is always a little high. As all the studies i have seen show long term that E2 over 40 things are less healthy long term. I am looking to keep it down. Any input or experience with something like this?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Have you talked to your Dr about this? You're right that a high E2 is unhealthy. Wish I could help you more brother.

Jonjon

Reaction score
Are you noticing any sides?
Is this just based off of one test?

I would re test. There’s a good possibility your lab test for estrogen was not a sensitive assay. I’m not an expert in labs but I’ve heard you need to order the sensitive estradiol test. There’s an “ultra-sensitive” available on Ulta wellness. That’s what I always order

Doesn’t make sense that you would suddenly start experiencing e2 issues without any other big variables changing

Reaction score
Give some consideration to controlling e2 with aromasin/exemestane instead. Aromasin works as a suicide inhibitor, differently than arimidex.

buck

Reaction score
Have you talked to your Dr about this? You're right that a high E2 is unhealthy. Wish I could help you more brother.
Yes he knows. He just figures i am doing some anabolics etc that i am not telling him about.
Are you noticing any sides?
Is this just based off of one test?

I would re test. There’s a good possibility your lab test for estrogen was not a sensitive assay. I’m not an expert in labs but I’ve heard you need to order the sensitive estradiol test. There’s an “ultra-sensitive” available on Ulta wellness. That’s what I always order

Doesn’t make sense that you would suddenly start experiencing e2 issues without any other big variables changing
No physical sides. But as long term high levels seems to be bad for the heart/prostate and even liver i prefer to not let ig continue. I have had 3 tests in the past year. On .5 anastrozole 2x week my E2 will be 80-100 On .5 mg 3x week it is 50-65. I have spent many hours looking at my supps blood work etc. I have been sick 3 times in the last 6 years probably from covid but was only down for about 1 day each time. I go years at a time without a day sick.
Also get a small improvement to things like cholesterol from using Aromasin.
I have always had low cholesterol even on cycles total cholesterol is usually 135 -145 with the highest ever of 155. And LDL 75-80 and 1 time it was all the way up to 95. These numbers are over a 30 year period.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I have always had low cholesterol even on cycles total cholesterol is usually 135 -145 with the highest ever of 155. And LDL 75-80 and 1 time it was all the way up to 95. These numbers are over a 30 year period.
I was just stating a general fact. I obviously know nothing about you or your 30 years of medical history.

Reaction score
Yes he knows. He just figures i am doing some anabolics etc that i am not telling him about.

No physical sides. But as long term high levels seems to be bad for the heart/prostate and even liver i prefer to not let ig continue. I have had 3 tests in the past year. On .5 anastrozole 2x week my E2 will be 80-100 On .5 mg 3x week it is 50-65. I have spent many hours looking at my supps blood work etc. I have been sick 3 times in the last 6 years probably from covid but was only down for about 1 day each time. I go years at a time without a day sick.

Mr Perfect

buck

Reaction score
I was just stating a general fact. I obviously know nothing about you or your 30 years of medical history.
I took no offence. Was just supplying data. One of the reasons i am not really considering aramosin is because of what it does to cholesterol. Mine is already low enough to possibly be unhealthy long term,

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I took no offence. Was just supplying data. One of the reasons i am not really considering aramosin is because of what it does to cholesterol. Mine is already low enough to possibly be unhealthy long term,
Aromasin lowers LDL (and in turn vLDL) while also raising HDL... but do what you're comfortable with. It's no difference to me.

buck

Reaction score
Aromasin lowers LDL (and in turn vLDL) while also raising HDL... but do what you're comfortable with. It's no difference to me.
Thanks. As studies show life span is less with total levels under 135 then over 200 And people seem to live the longest with levels around 215 i go with what is in my long term best interest. My VLDL levels run from 9-14. But my HDL levels tend to be lower in the 39-49. Typically, around 42. But when total levels are low it is hard to just raise HDL i find. It is seeming these days that fibrinogen and apo B levels may be better markers for heart health.

Reaction score
I think the reason for this thread is to show everyone how super smart and impressive you are.

Lol. Imagine living your life never getting sick, you try your best to keep stellar markers, constantly worried about shit like VLDL, fibrinogen, and apo B levels in your obsession to extend life past 100. And then you die because your cholesterol is too LOW.

buck

Reaction score
I think the reason for this thread is to show everyone how super smart and impressive you are.

Lol. Imagine living your life never getting sick, you try your best to keep stellar markers, constantly worried about shit like VLDL, fibrinogen, and apo B levels in your obsession to extend life past 100. And then you die because your cholesterol is too LOW.
Thanks for your insightful response. i will give it the due that i typically do! I under stand that long term health is not an interest of your and i support you continuing with that train of thought.

Reaction score
Thanks for your insightful response. i will give it the due that i typically do! I under stand that long term health is not an interest of your and i support you continuing with that train of thought.
I have no other choice.

Only the extremely annoying people live forever.

buck

Reaction score
Sorry i unblocked BBG to read his first post. i had the weird hope that for once he might have something useful to say other than talking meaningless trash and doing it badly as usual, but my hopes were not justified. At least if his insults showed panache, they could be worth reading but alas that just is not a thing. Won't make that mistake again. But maybe more practice will help. Which he will get as he has to get the last word no matter so he can feel manly. Just can't control himself.

Reaction score
Sorry i unblocked BBG to read his first post. i had the weird hope that for once he might have something useful to say other than talking meaningless trash and doing it badly as usual, but my hopes were not justified. At least if his insults showed panache, they could be worth reading but alas that just is not a thing. Won't make that mistake again. But maybe more practice will help. Which he will get as he has to get the last word no matter so he can feel manly. Just can't control himself.
Oh shit. Look out. @buck is pissed off. He’s letting his angry words fly.

Only old dudes with high e2 use words like “panache” and “alas”.

You killed your own thread. You weren’t asking a question or seeking advice. You asked a question just to shoot down all of the answers from us simpletons that aren’t as great as you.

Aromasin is exactly what you should take to lower your e2. You just hate that you overlooked a simple solution to your simple issue so you make up your bullshit cholesterol concern.

Feeling manly over the internet? No, it’s not about that at all. You just don’t know how to interact with real people. You have grown accustomed to the false sense of security you created for yourself over the past 50+ years. Put me back on ignore so that your self-image isn’t cracked anymore.

Last edited:

New Threads