Fuck this Bitcoin shit!!!

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
I'm really trying to understand the Bitcoin shit at my advanced age. Here I think I did it right using Cashapp. Apparently I still didn't send the right amount.

Thought I sent $200 in Bitcoin I even added a few dollars I read that's what I should do. Well they only received $175???? Does $200 really mean $225 in Bitcoin???

I thought fees were a few dollars? Fuck me after this CIM from now on!!!

Help me understand I'm in full retard mode over here 🤬

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
BTC value changes moment to moment , ive been surprised like that too just messing around trying to learn that shit ,, look one day and it says this amount ,, look 5 hours later and i lost money like ... wtf .. then i started to figure it out

They got me with fees n shit too so I don't use it for a damn thing it just sits there and i watch it bounce up and down in value like a pretend rubber ball haaahahaha

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
BTC value changes moment to moment , ive been surprised like that too just messing around trying to learn that shit ,, look one day and it says this amount ,, look 5 hours later and i lost money like ... wtf .. then i started to figure it out

They got me with fees n shit too so I don't use it for a damn thing it just sits there and i watch it bounce up and down in value like a pretend rubber ball haaahahaha
What I'm trying to understand is I don't want to short the dude. So if I owe $25 how much dollars in Bitcoin do I need to send???

Does $30 in Bitcoin I buy and send with whatever fucking fees Cashapp charges give that person the correct amount.IMG_20240418_040643.jpg

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
What I'm trying to understand is I don't want to short the dude. So if I owe $25 how much dollars in Bitcoin do I need to send???

Does $30 in Bitcoin I buy and send with whatever fucking fees Cashapp charges give that person the correct amount.View attachment 50429
We need @Send0 for this shit lol @CJ is out hiking I think , cus I really don't know dude lol

Reaction score
You have the option in cash app to enter btc values as dollars or btc. when you switch to btc the value will look more like (0.000245). Sending it that way should simplify things.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
it's halving now - last change to buy , then it is considered to blow up

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
You have the option in cash app to enter btc values as dollars or btc. when you switch to btc the value will look more like (0.000245). Sending it that way should simplify things.
Oh shit thank you I appreciate you telling me this. I went on the app and found what you were talking about.

Maybe I can learn the right way to send Bitcoin. I sure as shit don't fully get it, and I'm ok with it. @Jeffgoldblumlipswork 👍🏽

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
it's halving now - last change to buy , then it is considered to blow up
Just because I take risks I converted all my crypto to Bitcoin for the halfing event. Down 4k since last wk. Lol

andy

Elite
Reaction score
Just because I take risks I converted all my crypto to Bitcoin for the halfing event. Down 4k since last wk. Lol
too early, the halving basically will happen around 19th or 20th april. until this it will drop big time, but it will go up (atleast that's what crypto experts keep saying)

last time it went back up +500% approx

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm really trying to understand the Bitcoin shit at my advanced age. Here I think I did it right using Cashapp. Apparently I still didn't send the right amount.

Thought I sent $200 in Bitcoin I even added a few dollars I read that's what I should do. Well they only received $175???? Does $200 really mean $225 in Bitcoin???

I thought fees were a few dollars? Fuck me after this CIM from now on!!!

Help me understand I'm in full retard mode over here 🤬
Think of Bitcoin as being the currency for the country of Internet. There's an exchange rate, same as it would be if ye went from the US to the SAF (convert yer US dollars to SA ZAR) or any other country. The exchange rate fluctuates constantly - same as with any other exchange rate - and so timing matters as to when ye convert yer dollars to BC so ye can get max value.

Here's a nice calculator to get real time exchange rate info.

Hope that helps, mate.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
this is weird. Most vendors use the transaction hash id to determine if you sent the correct amount based on the time it was sent. I've never had anyone come back and ask me for more money after the fact, assuming I sent the correct amount in the first place.

There are fees, but cash app will tell you how much you are sending (net, minus fees), and that would tell you if you need to adjust the amount being sent to be more or less BTC.

In cash app it's always easier to just enter the amount you want to send in dollars, versus trying to figure out the correct BTC amount on your own. Less room for mistakes to happen this way.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
this is weird. Most vendors use the transaction hash id to determine if you sent the correct amount based on the time it was sent. I've never had anyone come back and ask me for more money after the fact, assuming I sent the correct amount in the first place.

There are fees, but cash app will tell you how much you are sending (net, minus fees), and that would tell you if you need to adjust the amount being sent to be more or less BTC.

In cash app it's always easier to just enter the amount you want to send in dollars, versus trying to figure out the correct BTC amount on your own. Less room for mistakes to happen this way.
Well, well, well I feel vindicated.....I thought I fucked up. Come to find out the person was looking at the wrong wallet, and a different amount. And I did find the hash receipt and sent to him. Got it all sorted out

This was my 2nd Bitcoin transaction, thought I messed up....... BUT NO!!!!!! Guess the old fart can do a Bitcoin transaction!!!!

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Well, well, well I feel vindicated.....I thought I fucked up. Come to find out the person was looking at the wrong wallet, and a different amount. And I did find the hash receipt and sent to him. Got it all sorted out

This was my 2nd Bitcoin transaction, thought I messed up....... BUT NO!!!!!! Guess the old fart can do a Bitcoin transaction!!!!
That's great. I always send the TX ID, and amount of Bitcoin sent, to avoid hiccups like this.

I'm actually surprised the source didn't ask for the TX ID themselves.

Glad you got it all sorted out.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Simple math.

Dollars ÷ Bitcoin value = Amount of Bitcoin

Example:
$25 ÷ 63,662(current BTC) = 0.00039 BTC needed
You're not supposed to be here this week... stop participating before I permaban you 😂

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
too early, the halving basically will happen around 19th or 20th april. until this it will drop big time, but it will go up (atleast that's what crypto experts keep saying)

last time it went back up +500% approx
Yeah but last time it was a hell of a lot cheaper than 63k lol I'm guessing 40% in 30 days

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Simple math.

Dollars ÷ Bitcoin value = Amount of Bitcoin

Example:
$25 ÷ 63,662(current BTC) = 0.00039 BTC needed
Simple is my favorite flavor !

Reaction score
Paying with bitcoin is the same concept as a stock. Vendors tell you the amount of fractional shares of the “stock” instead of a dollar amount since stock values change every second.

I hope you have a 401k or some other kind of retirement account

New Threads