Homebrewing question

Reaction score
Sup all. First home brewed about a week ago. Everything went great until I started get pip(stinging soreness) after pinning
in glutes. I’ve had pip before but not like this. Thought I may have gotten moisture in mixture when heating up everything in water bath so I put full vials in oven for about 20 minutes but had the same result. Now I think it may be the carrier oil I used , thought it was 100% mct but it’s mct and coconut oil mix. Anyone know if this is the reson for pip?

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lets start with what are u trying to make? 20 minutes in an oven has most likely burned off a great deal of the compound depending on the temp you had the oven on.

Reaction score
Lets start with what are u trying to make? 20 minutes in an oven has most likely burned off a great deal of the compound depending on the temp you had the oven on.
I made test e and deca both @250 mg/mI and read putting it in the oven for15 minutes at 225 could help but had the same outcome after pinning

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
MCT oil can be sensitive to some users (causing irritation at the injection site and surrounding tissue), should only be used for high mg compounds, not the traditional bread and butter items....

Sityslicker1

Reaction score
I made test e with mct before with the same concentration of ba/bb and there was no PIP. Sounds like it might be a quality issue with your raws. I've got bad test e powder before with severe PIP. End up trashing almost 100 grams.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
You did run all this through a 0.22μm filter, right? What was your process of getting the compound into solution? Personally for these two specific compounds I use no heat and just use a magnetic stirrer with a small amount of solvent. It takes longer than using heat, but IMO it makes a better end product.

If you think it's the carrier oil, then you can try pinning pure sterile oil and see if you still get PIP.

I recently made Deca at 400mg/ml, using 1% ba and 10% bb, with MCT as the carrier oil and I have no PIP.

Reaction score
Sup all. First home brewed about a week ago. Everything went great until I started get pip(stinging soreness) after pinning
in glutes. I’ve had pip before but not like this. Thought I may have gotten moisture in mixture when heating up everything in water bath so I put full vials in oven for about 20 minutes but had the same result. Now I think it may be the carrier oil I used , thought it was 100% mct but it’s mct and coconut oil mix. Anyone know if this is the reson for pip?

I made test e and deca both @250 mg/mI and read putting it in the oven for15 minutes at 225 could help but had the same outcome after pinning

Seeing as how both the test-e and deca are both causing pip I'm 99% sure it's the carrier oil.

Post a picture of the stuff you used please.

Reaction score
You did run all this through a 0.22μm filter, right? What was your process of getting the compound into solution? Personally for these two specific compounds I use no heat and just use a magnetic stirrer with a small amount of solvent. It takes longer than using heat, but IMO it makes a better end product.

If you think it's the carrier oil, then you can try pinning pure sterile oil and see if you still get PIP.

I recently made Deca at 400mg/ml, using 1% ba and 10% bb, with MCT as the carrier oil and I have no PIP.
I heated the powder until liquid and then added the ba, bb, and MCT. And yes I did use a syringe filter after mixing everything up.

Reaction score
Seeing as how both the test-e and deca are both causing pip I'm 99% sure it's the carrier oil.

Post a picture of the stuff you used please.

Attachments

• 130A69A9-73F8-45D8-A2CB-CDEA53F53C06.jpeg
    130A69A9-73F8-45D8-A2CB-CDEA53F53C06.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
Show the back label please. I'm pretty sure this is your problem right here!

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Make a new small batch with a different carrier oil, MCT oil is MCT oil, doesnt matter what brand is used, its still MCT oil in the bottle....