New member intro

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just introducing myself. Names Alan, 37yo. Back into training the last 3 months after a gap of 10 years. Training for hypertrophy. Hoping to learn from the threads on here in relation to supps, nutrition tips and workout programs. A few details about me

6ft 1"
185lbs
3 day Split

Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome, there is a lot to learn and improve. We are all here to learn something new and continue achieving our our goals. Enjoy your time.

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Read plenty, hang in the chat box, start a log and ask questions. Welcome!

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Hypertrophy is that some kind of European tractor that runs on steam.
Good goals by the way. Happy New Year and all the best with your training.
Btw. Do you do the three day split once a week or twice. Or three days on one day off and three days on again.

Reaction score
Hypertrophy is that some kind of European tractor that runs on steam.
Good goals by the way. Happy New Year and all the best with your training.
Btw. Do you do the three day split once a week or twice. Or three days on one day off and three days on again.
I think it's an old old wooden ship from the civil war era!...
Thanks, happy new year too pal.
I normally do Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Heres my routine below

Day 1

Upper/ Mid chest (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Front/ Side shoulders (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Hamstrings/calfs (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Biceps (2 exercises with 4 sets each)

Day 2
Lower back (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Lower chest (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Triceps (2 exercises with 4 sets each)

Day 3
Rear shoulders (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Mid/Upper back (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Quads (2 exercises with 4 sets each)

All sets are 10-12 reps apart from bench press
Usually finish off chest/tricep days with dips to fail and Back days pull ups to fail. 3 sets each

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
6 foot 1 and 185 pounds. That is quite lean. I imagine you are a runner or athlete of some kind and train for fitness. There are a few runners here a great place to meet them is in general if you put in a post about what and how you like to train.
Bodybuilding may be in the forum name. But most sports and pass times are here.

Reaction score
6 foot 1 and 185 pounds. That is quite lean. I imagine you are a runner or athlete of some kind and train for fitness. There are a few runners here a great place to meet them is in general if you put in a post about what and how you like to train.
Bodybuilding may be in the forum name. But most sports and pass times are here.
I think iv always been naturally athletic and eaten well. But iv never done much cardio or been a fan of it. My weight training is pretty intensive and work up a good sweat which is enough. Iv a pretty physical job too. Building up to around 3500-4000 cals a day over the last 10 weeks. Starting to see some nice little results and strength is improving alot

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
I think it's an old old wooden ship from the civil war era!...
Thanks, happy new year too pal.
I normally do Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Heres my routine below

Day 1

Upper/ Mid chest (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Front/ Side shoulders (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Hamstrings/calfs (2 exercises with 4 sets each)

Day 2
Lower back (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Lower chest (2 exercises with 4 sets each)

Day 3
Rear shoulders (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Mid/Upper back (2 exercises with 4 sets each)
Quads (2 exercises with 4 sets each)

All sets are 10-12 reps apart from bench press
Usually finish off chest/tricep days with dips to fail and Back days pull ups to fail. 3 sets each
Wow I need a nap after reading that. It is a lot of training. Very unusual split. But that doesnt mean it is bad. Just different. The usual for three days is push pull and legs. Or legs with arms then shoulders and chest with the third back and abbs. So good on you.

Reaction score
Wow I need a nap after reading that. It is a lot of training. Very unusual split. But that doesnt mean it is bad. Just different. The usual for three days is push pull and legs. Or legs with arms then shoulders and chest with the third back and abbs. So good on you.
Yeah traditionally I done chest/arms, shoulders/back and legs/abs for example. Or I would mix it up a bit.
But now I'm able to add more volume and hit each muscle part in different areas more frequently, eg front/side rear delts

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
I think iv always been naturally athletic and eaten well. But iv never done much cardio or been a fan of it. My weight training is pretty intensive and work up a good sweat which is enough. Iv a pretty physical job too. Building up to around 3500-4000 cals a day over the last 10 weeks. Starting to see some nice little results and strength is improving alot
Yes you have to keep the food up with demands like that . or your body is forced to turn muscle into energy. Try to spread it out into 5 meals a day if possible. Or carry pocket food with you. Not sure why u are here. You seem to have it worked out already. But we can all learn from each other. No one has all the answers. Look forward to reading more about you. And hear how you progress. It is a new year so make the most of the next 12 months. Best wishes.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah traditionally I done chest/arms, shoulders/back and legs/abs for example. Or I would mix it up a bit.
But now I'm able to add more volume and hit each muscle part in different areas more frequently, eg front/side rear delts
I have to admitt i train with two different partners in two different gyms. So i dont even know what we are doing till we get to the gym. You know how it is monday is international chest day so if you train in the gym at peek time monday is leg day or what ever is free.

Reaction score
Yes you have to keep the food up with demands like that . or your body is forced to turn muscle into energy. Try to spread it out into 5 meals a day if possible. Or carry pocket food with you. Not sure why u are here. You seem to have it worked out already. But we can all learn from each other. No one has all the answers. Look forward to reading more about you. And hear how you progress. It is a new year so make the most of the next 12 months. Best wishes.
Normally my days alternate so chest day is never the same day of the week. I like to read on here just to see different programs and nutritional info and easier way to get cals in. There's alot of good stuff on YouTube too. I'm just enjoying being back at it and all the mental health benefits that come with it. Best of luck .

New Threads