Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Elon Musk says[..]
Screen_Shot_2021-04-21_at_2.15.25_PM.png

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I just think its a little childish to believe that a country losing horribly in the space race to Russia can send men a half a million miles through space. They can play golf and shit on a 250 degree planetoid using car batteries as their power source. And get them safely home. In 1969. Lol

And nobody else has ever done it.

Bitch, if we went to the moon in 1969, there would be resorts on it by now!

The amount of shit that doesnt add up about this whole thing is bananas.

But whatever. This shit doesnt impact us as a country like all the other shit the CIA was doing at the time. Gulf of tonkin, operation northwoods, killing kennedy, mkultra. But you can trust them about the moon.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past the government to fake it.

Kraken

Reaction score
I just think its a little childish to believe that a country losing horribly in the space race to Russia can send men a half a million miles through space. They can play golf and shit on a 250 degree planetoid using car batteries as their power source. And get them safely home. In 1969. Lol

And nobody else has ever done it.

Bitch, if we went to the moon in 1969, there would be resorts on it by now!

The amount of shit that doesnt add up about this whole thing is bananas.

But whatever. This shit doesnt impact us as a country like all the other shit the CIA was doing at the time. Gulf of tonkin, operation northwoods, killing kennedy, mkultra. But you can trust them about the moon.

The US was not losing the space race to the Russians. The Russians did lots of things so they could claim it was a first, but most of them were minor changes to something they had already done; it was mostly doing the same thing over and over. First with a dog, then a monkey. Oh, let's paint the capsule a different color.

The US challenged the Russians to a moon race BECAUSE it was a major technical challenge, one that we knew they could not achieve. JFK even said then; something like "we do this not because it is easy, but because it is hard."

And no, there won't be resorts on the moon anytime soon. The cost and risk of getting there is tremendous. This was a cold war anomaly start to end, which just happened to yield some science. We shared that science, and no one else had any incentive to make the trip.

What else doesn't add up?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
JFK even said then; something like "we do this not because it is easy, but because it is hard."

Close, but not quite. He actually said, "but because it is hahhhhd." 😂

I had to deal with that shit the other week while in Arizona. People asking me to say, pahhhhk the cahhh, like I'm some kind of fucking circus monkey, there to amuse them!!!

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Faking it 6 times? That's pushing the envelope, wouldn't you say? They'd need 1,000's of people to keep that secret. 🤣
I was mainly talking about the first time. Very weird how they nailed doing something so advanced and so dangerous and so ahead of its time the very first time it was tried. I dont think that has ever been done with anything. Also weird how a couple of the workers there who were saying the space shuttle was junk conveniently died shortly after.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I was mainly talking about the first time. Very weird how they nailed doing something so advanced and so dangerous and so ahead of its time the very first time it was tried. I dont think that has ever been done with anything. Also weird how a couple of the workers there who were saying the space shuttle was junk conveniently died shortly after.
Technically they started testing capabilities as early as 1961. Projects involved prior to landing on the moon are project mercury, project Gemini, Apollo missions 1 thru 9 (I think technically Apollo 10 also), manned low orbit missions, and more.

It's not like they claimed to shoot a man straight to the moon without a shit ton of research, and testing everything as much as possible, prior to actual landing on the moon.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score

I had to deal with that shit the other week while in Arizona. People asking me to say, pahhhhk the cahhh, like I'm some kind of fucking circus monkey, there to amuse them!!!
You sound naahrrmal to me chummy :cool:

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Technically they started testing capabilities as early as 1961. Projects involved prior to landing on the moon are project mercury, project Gemini, Apollo missions 1 thru 9 (I think technically Apollo 10 also), manned low orbit missions, and more.

It's not like they claimed to shoot a man straight to the moon without a shit ton of research, and testing everything as much as possible, prior to actual landing on the moon.
I get what you mean, although I will say short orbit missions are different than full missions. It's like building a car with all new tech and saying the car is reliable for a cross country trip bc you drove it 3 hrs out of town before.

Regardless, I'll admit I'm ignorant on the subject, bc it never interested me. But given how deceptive our government is, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out it was fake. I dont have a dog in the fight either way.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I get what you mean, although I will say short orbit missions are different than full missions. It's like building a car with all new tech and saying the car is reliable for a cross country trip bc you drove it 3 hrs out of town before.

Regardless, I'll admit I'm ignorant on the subject, bc it never interested me. But given how deceptive our government is, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out it was fake. I dont have a dog in the fight either way.
I don't know if this makes a difference for you, but Apollo 8 (not 9) and Apollo 10 both were full crew missions sent to the moon and maintained lunar orbit before returning to earth.

The missions tested the lunar and command modules, as well as conducted other tests and observations in preparation of actually landing on the moon. They did everything on these missions short of landing on the moon itself, which was eventually done under the Apollo 11 mission.

1bigun11

Elite
Reaction score
I don’t care about the moon landing either way.

What bothers me is that my country has historically had such veracity and credibility issues that there is no way anyone can be fully confident in anything it says.

I love my country. I don’t trust my government one bit.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Australia is an island. It isn't flat and we don't have a moon. Only the northern hemisphere has a moon. But there are people saying our capital will get a set of traffic lights this year.
Can't wait to see them. It is a 7 day horse ride from where i live.

Kraken

Reaction score

Didn't know you are from Boston. I worked there many years, the accent is pervasive.

As for the moon landing being all done in a single shot, @Send0 is exactly right; each launch was a test and lead up to the next. There was a substantial pause, over a year I think, when the crew of Apollo 1 died in a test in the capsule. That horrible tragedy led to a reduction in the pace, new emphasis on safety and a near complete redesign of the capsule.

And, this was not hidden. It was well reported on at the time. Also, every launch was aired live. Any failure would have been seen world wide in real time. The Russians never ever did that, nor did they ever admit a failure. After the Eagle landed, the Russians issued a statement congratulating the US and denying they were trying to get to the moon at all. We now know they were desperately trying, and were not even close. Because it was hahhhhd.

New Threads