Casein Before Bed or any protein shake?

Reaction score
Hey all, do you do any pre-bed protein shakes or meals?

I have read this study saying performance is higher after consuming before bed, but also conflicting info saying does not do much benefit if you get your protein intake daily.

Just trying to see what you fellas are doing if anything...thinking about adding glass of milk, nuts or casein

Reaction score
Been curious about this too. I'll be following.....
This is the other study I read -

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Everything I've read has shown that the most important thing is getting your total protein amount daily, spread out fairly evenly over 3-6 meals during the day, which should be spaced fairly evenly apart.

If you want to get some of that protein before bed, then go for it. If the slower digesting component of casein appeals to you, I'd consider cottage cheese instead of the casein shake. It's even slower to digest than the casein powder, since it's a whole food.

Reaction score
Everything I've read has shown that the most important thing is getting your total protein amount daily, spread out fairly evenly over 3-6 meals during the day, which should be spaced fairly evenly apart.

If you want to get some of that protein before bed, then go for it. If the slower digesting component of casein appeals to you, I'd consider cottage cheese instead of the casein shake. It's even slower to digest than the casein powder, since it's a whole food.
Thanks @CJ cottage cheese is delicious with some fruit and totally forgot about it, haven't eaten it in over a year used to get the little breakstone ones with the pineapple

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Like CJ said, total macros over the day. Don't fall into the marketing bullshit. Protein is protein. Preferably from a dead animal. If you can't hit your number for the day a shake is alright but it shouldn't be part of your meal plan.

Reaction score
I believe the slower digestion protein before bed makes a lot of sense.

New Threads