Do you bench press before or after barbell overhead press

Reaction score
Do you bench press before or after barbell overhead press

What the best way .

Reaction score
whichever you want progress in more, do first
As a girl I want bigger shoulder less chest

But my BF wants both so what should he do.

Is it silly to do overhead press first will it affect his bench press

He can't be bothered to make account to post the same question so I'm posting for him lol 🤣

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
As a girl I want bigger shoulder less chest

Is it silly to do overhead press first will it affect his bench press

He can't be bothered to make account to post the same question so I'm posting for him lol 🤣
bench press is a great movement to get stronger in the bench press. If you want a pressing movement and an overhead movement in the same training session swap the bench for incline bench and put your overhead pressing first since shoulder development is your priority

Reader591

Reaction score
If he’s not too terribly experienced then just pick what he wants a little more and do it first. If he’s training with good intensity then yes, the second lift will suffer a little more. Consider doing them on different days if he really can’t choose.

If he’s experienced then he would know. Not a knock against him. An advanced lifter would maintain what they don’t want to build so much, and focus more on weak points for the most part.

A new or intermediate lifter can build an all around base and needs to worry less about it.

Jonjon

Reaction score
I wouldn’t bench and overhead press on the same day. I bench on Wednesday and overhead on Saturday. That’s just me.

Reaction score
I wouldn’t bench and overhead press on the same day. I bench on Wednesday and overhead on Saturday. That’s just me.

My bf does full body where he gets 6 sets of overhead press spread between two workouts but workout one has bench press

He does a three day full body split

I did another post if you view it and help me out

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
this person is a troll who stole pictures from an only fans model/social media influencer, and is pretending to be that person.

They have been banned

rev

Reaction score
Welcome back! It’s been 7 years since your last post. Got any stories?

I don't have any funny stories. My wife got seriously ill. She had little time left. I took her on a journey, and we spent two years together. Then she was gone. It was tough. I mourned her loss for a long time. But life goes on. That's how it goes.

Reaction score
I don't have any funny stories. My wife got seriously ill. She had little time left. I took her on a journey, and we spent two years together. Then she was gone. It was tough. I mourned her loss for a long time. But life goes on. That's how it goes.
I'm sorry to hear that.

You should reintroduce yourself.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how tough that is, but it sounds almost impossible to move on from.

I hope the gym is able to be a positive force in your life moving forward.

rev

Reaction score
I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how tough that is, but it sounds almost impossible to move on from.

I hope the gym is able to be a positive force in your life moving forward.

Thank you. That's why I decided to come back. My wife always supported me in my gym endeavors.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Thank you. That's why I decided to come back. My wife always supported me in my gym endeavors.

Have you thought about starting a training log?

We have a good community of them here.

Reaction score
After overhead press your shoulders will be sore. So body needs to adjust to use more pecs for performing bench press.

New Threads