• Yes, but only on occasion

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
How do you feel about organ meats, and do they find a way into your bodybuilding diet?

Modern Americans largely frown on ingredients such as liver, heart, kidneys and intestines but these were commonly eaten here in the not so distant past. To my knowledge, almost all organ meat is FDA approved with the exception of lungs.

In other parts of the world, offal is still regularly enjoyed. Perhaps its reputation of being "gross" will never spread to certain places. In recent years, The Liver King made eating these meats a bit of a gimmick. Unfortunately, his reputation being poor does not help the case for these meats.

Reaction score
Cajun 'Dirty' Rice is way better with kidneys in it.
But no, I don't currently eat organ meat...

Fuck me sideways, I just looked at the macros on chicken kidneys and its like 38g protein to 6g fats.
Looks like we makin' Dirty Rice again, boys!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I eat liver weekly. I add it to chili, about 1 ounce per serving of the chili. Masks the flavor decently enough that my kid hasn't figured it out yet. 😂

I've also eating it simply mixed with rice, with Mccormick Sweet & Smokey seasoning added to it.

buck

Reaction score
Brains may be one of the few things i haven't had. Just haven't had the opportunity. Can't say guts are a staple for me but i eat them. I have put some nasty stuff in my mouth over the years.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
I accidentally ate beef liver once and was gross.
I think if I eat a dish I'm better off not knowing if there is organs in it or not because if I know I probably will automatically not eat it or think it is gross.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I accidentally ate beef liver once and was gross.
I think if I eat a dish I'm better off not knowing if there is organs in it or not because if I know I probably will automatically not eat it or think it is gross.

For some reason, I thought you would be the one who likes it the most.

New Threads