Freaks food thread.. What are you eating?

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I find that I need a really good, or fairly new, non stick pan. It makes the folding of the egg easy, and makes it easy to slide the egg off the pan by just tilting the pan towards your plate.

I also cover my pan, at low heat, so that the egg cooks quickly on both sides, this keeps the egg "tender", and makes it less prone to breaking apart when trying to fold or slide out of the pan. I remove the cover for the last 1-2 minutes it's cooking.

I have recently started covering the pan while cooking eggs and it's made a big difference in terms of sliding it off onto the plate.

With ground meats, it goes a long way towards the very lean meats being juicy and flavorful rather than dry and miserable.

Right now I use a cheap $20 3-pan set I got from Sam's. It's a decent brand, Tramontina. I only use the smallest pan in the set for cooking eggs.

Everyone should have a dedicated egg pan. It makes a big difference IMO.

I like the idea of having an egg pan. I use the same nonstick pan for pretty much everything. It was a gift from my mom, and it's held up really well. I also have a cast iron pan but I save that for steaks.

BigChief1

Reaction score
I started adding habenaro peppers to my egg whites. I typically am not a super spicy kinda guy, but they work well with the egg whites. After the first bite you can’t taste anything and if u stop eating the heat only gets worse. Also helps me get a gallon of water in.

Reaction score
fd7b778d79c9b1364fac5f439fea0ba3.jpg

Wife hooked up one of my all time favorite meals. Corned beef and cabbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Chicken thigh with rice.

View attachment 51047
ever eat hardtack? I loved the MRE version late 90s. I figured this treat is perfect for you.
hardtack is NOT a soft cracker, tender biscuit or fluffy sandwich bread. It is hard semi-bland survival food that was historically used for long hard journeys (not gourmet meals!). When eating hardtack, it should be soaked first in water, milk, soup, stew, etc. for at least 5-10 minutes in order to soften the hardtack before eating… because “hard”tack is kind of HARD.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
ever eat hardtack? I loved the MRE version late 90s. I figured this treat is perfect for you.
hardtack is NOT a soft cracker, tender biscuit or fluffy sandwich bread. It is hard semi-bland survival food that was historically used for long hard journeys (not gourmet meals!). When eating hardtack, it should be soaked first in water, milk, soup, stew, etc. for at least 5-10 minutes in order to soften the hardtack before eating… because “hard”tack is kind of HARD.

I have never had it, but I'm intrigued. I would especially like to eat it in an empty parking lot next to an abandoned warehouse.