Is there any way to know if youll get hairloss from a test cycle

Reaction score
I do plan on running a cycle in the future, not yet as I'm still making good gains and learning a lot about training, nutrition, and hormones. But the one biggest thing for me is that I have ridiculously thick and long hair. It would be really obvious if it started to recede bad suddenly. I'm 27, and I really only have very slight widows peak.

My question is: is hair loss usually pretty bad with a first test only cycle? Or is it usually down the road and after running more harsh compounds that hair loss gets bad. Or is it just completely dependent on genetics like someone could do a bunch of test and not lose much if any hair while another person could go bald on their first test cycle? Thanks.

Reaction score
if youve still got thick long hair at 27 with no signs of thinning you're probably free to do some pretty hefty cycles without seeing much damage. won't know for sure til you try it.

and if it does start going, do something about it right away. preservation is a million times easier than restoration.

Reaction score
if youve still got thick long hair at 27 with no signs of thinning you're probably free to do some pretty hefty cycles without seeing much damage. won't know for sure til you try it.

and if it does start going, do something about it right away. preservation is a million times easier than restoration.
Cool. Thanks for the insight

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I do plan on running a cycle in the future, not yet as I'm still making good gains and learning a lot about training, nutrition, and hormones. But the one biggest thing for me is that I have ridiculously thick and long hair. It would be really obvious if it started to recede bad suddenly. I'm 27, and I really only have very slight widows peak.

My question is: is hair loss usually pretty bad with a first test only cycle? Or is it usually down the road and after running more harsh compounds that hair loss gets bad. Or is it just completely dependent on genetics like someone could do a bunch of test and not lose much if any hair while another person could go bald on their first test cycle? Thanks.

Does baldness run in your family?

If it was going to happen to you anyway, you may accelerate it for yourself.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Gear can definitely speed up the balding process if you are genetically predisposed to it. Im one of the lucky people who can pretty much run any cycle and not lose hair

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I had annoyingly thick and straight hair til I started TRT at 35. It immediately started thinning and got curly.

Ive run two larger test cycles and both cost me a lot of hair. Its one of the many reasons I stick to trt doses now.

You wont know until you try though. Itll start about 3 weeks in

Reaction score
I had annoyingly thick and straight hair til I started TRT at 35. It immediately started thinning and got curly.

Ive run two larger test cycles and both cost me a lot of hair. Its one of the many reasons I stick to trt doses now.

You wont know until you try though. Itll start about 3 weeks in
weird how it gets curly. I had straight hair as a kid, but throughout puberty it was curly af. then got totally straight again after. til I started gear, where the curls came back

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
A simple Test cycle of 500mg/wk for 12 weeks should not at all effect you. Most of the time MPB hair loss comes from the buildup of DHT. Other compounds like Mast tend to give some guys a hit in the hairline so if you're concerned, pick your dosages and compounds wisely.

Genetics will have the last word.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
weird how it gets curly. I had straight hair as a kid, but throughout puberty it was curly af. then got totally straight again after. til I started gear, where the curls came back
Sure enough

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
A simple Test cycle of 500mg/wk for 12 weeks should not at all effect you. Most of the time MPB hair loss comes from the buildup of DHT. Other compounds like Mast tend to give some guys a hit in the hairline so if you're concerned, pick your dosages and compounds wisely.

Genetics will have the last word.
Bro, 500 mg of test for me looks like Im on 3grams of masteron plus winstrol. Im probably a heavy converter to DHT.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Bro, 500 mg of test for me looks like Im on 3grams of masteron plus winstrol. Im probably a heavy converter to DHT.
Np shit? 500 test only? It's not that I don't believe you, you're an honest brother but man I've never heard of it that bad. What other options do you have?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Np shit? 500 test only? It's not that I don't believe you, you're an honest brother but man I've never heard of it that bad. What other options do you have?
I guess if you take finasteride, it doesnt happen with test. Im just taking 160 mg a week and still slowly losing it.

But before I started TRT, I had hair like Fabio.

New Threads