Reaction score
Real quick I’ll just be posting daily lift plans, my sets&reps , progression regression, thoughts hopes and maybe even my precious little feelings (probably videos for my compounds even if that’s acceptable)

Starting off with today’s plan 5x5 on back squat
Todays goal is 335 for every set but when it feels good I’ll bump to 345 and so on until I can’t progress it, from there I want to ofc hit my leg curls/extensions I try to aim for around 50 hard reps 2x13 then 2x12 upping weight a lil when I’m subtracting the one rep really trying to fatigue my quads and hams, but outside of ending with a walk to loosen back up I’m looking for some advice on y’all’s favorite hamstring movements?

Reaction score
Real quick I’ll just be posting daily lift plans, my sets&reps , progression regression, thoughts hopes and maybe even my precious little feelings (probably videos for my compounds even if that’s acceptable)

Starting off with today’s plan 5x5 on back squat
Todays goal is 335 for every set but when it feels good I’ll bump to 345 and so on until I can’t progress it, from there I want to ofc hit my leg curls/extensions I try to aim for around 50 hard reps 2x13 then 2x12 upping weight a lil when I’m subtracting the one rep really trying to fatigue my quads and hams, but outside of ending with a walk to loosen back up I’m looking for some advice on y’all’s favorite hamstring movements?
I want to add I experienced 1 ACL reconstructions and 1 revision while I was a teenager in highschool between 14-17 (now 20) my first surgery was using a hamstring graft of my own muscle to form my tendon which took revision from a cadaver subsequently at 17 i to enjoy lifting relatively heavy and want to fix my hamstring imbalances which I’ve already gained strength and made strides with

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I'm following. You're really strong for being so young. Did you play football in high school? How did you injure your ACL?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As far as hamstring stuff goes, you really don't need more than RDLs, GHRs and maybe a leg curl

Reaction score
I'm following. You're really strong for being so young. Did you play football in high school? How did you injure your ACL?
yessir Football player in HS i was 5'10 175 going in and graduated at 6'1 200, had opportunities to keep playing d2/juco level but honestly I was so done and decided to be a regular frat boy at a 4 year state university in the big 12 where now i'm going to be a junior, as far as how? freshman year playing up (common in smaller schools i went to a 4A school roughly 150 grad class, especially at my size) it was a freak hyper extension from contact on a kickoff rundown, second time was an awkward landing from a jump in spring ball junior year

Reaction score
Depth/form check w that 365 mind you it’s the first rep of 5 after those other sets alsoIMG_9167.jpg
And I do wear knee sleeves for ALL squats because of my surgery history, def was a game changer for getting out of a brace and looking an feeling more normal lifting weight and helps the knee joints smoothness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Depth/form check w that 365 mind you it’s the first rep of 5 after those other sets alsoView attachment 40962
And I do wear knee sleeves for ALL squats because of my surgery history, def was a game changer for getting out of a brace and looking an feeling more normal lifting weight and helps the knee joints smoothness

Very slightly high for powerlifting, but perfectly fine for bodybuilding.

Reaction score
Depth/form check w that 365 mind you it’s the first rep of 5 after those other sets alsoView attachment 40962

Like @Test_subject said, slightly high. You’d have it at that same depth if you push your knees out more which will allow you sit back a little more to get the tibias closer to vertical. Having your shins leaning forward like that lowers the knees, which would require your hip-crease to be lower.

But if you’re not competing in powerlifting then it’s a good depth. 👍

Reaction score
Listening to those SoundCloud Zyzz hardstyle remixes rn to hype myself for this bench day I wanna go 5x5 again but on incline and idk my max so I think today I try to send my first 2 plate incline bench, ofc will update my success…or not

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
Listening to those SoundCloud Zyzz hardstyle remixes rn to hype myself for this bench day I wanna go 5x5 again but on incline and idk my max so I think today I try to send my first 2 plate incline bench, ofc will update my success…or not

You're a big strong boy. Hope you make the lift. That music sounds like it sucks.

Reaction score

Update mid lift: I got 2 shaky ugly reps of 225 on incline; granted first time ever even putting that weight on it tho

Reaction score
Did that buildup yo 225 on incline then 2 sets of 6 w 185
Machine shoulder press plate each side 15
Plate, ten, five for 12
Plate, twenty five for 10

Later raise 15 w 15’s
12 w 25’s
10 w 30’sx2
Ending on drop set to full exhaustion using 15’s on the second set w 30’s
Cross body single arm cable extension amrap with 10 then 20lbs
2 Sets of 12 w 30

Final lift skull crushers 2 sets 12 w 65 strict to the forehead end set w 75 behind the head in a slight pullover motion still focused on that extension of the tricep

Final thoughts- my chest is far more developed than my tris and shoulders so I mostly keep it to my presses and once a week having a chest dominated push day but I’m working on feeling that squeeze in every rep

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Final thoughts- my chest is far more developed than my tris and shoulders so I mostly keep it to my presses and once a week having a chest dominated push day but I’m working on feeling that squeeze in every rep
Sounds like some close-grip bench is called for.

Reaction score
Sounds like some close-grip bench is called for.

Should I move away from normal entirely atleast to compensate for this? Or just blow up frequency of close grip compared to normal (I do bench wideish pinkies on the first smooth ring of an Olympic bar for example)

New Threads