My cycle post

Reaction score
Background: So I’m not able to gear my first cycle was a 1998 and I’m in my mid 40s however I haven’t really touch the stuff for a little more than a decade. All of my cycles consisted of some mixture of sust, dbol, anavar, deca, test c. Also, never have really cut down below 20% body fat 22 is the lowest I’ve gone I’ve always just focused on being strong.

The past 14 years I’ve been going to the gym on and off, and I have maintained a good amount of size for the lack of working out. I have now been back in the gym for a few months, slowly building up and slowly getting my muscles ready for another cycle. I’ve also recently been studying Mike mentors training, techniques, staying away from the high reps and focusing on maximum effort sets.

Additionally, I’ve been on 200 MG, a week of TRT for almost 3 years all the way took the last eight months off to recover my body a little.

I’m hoping to get some critiques on my stats and upcoming cycle. I will also be posting update pictures.

Current stats:
43 years old
5’10
235lbs
Probably 30% bf
I’ll post more than next time I go to my TRT Clinic

Diet: 2,200 calorie limit with a goal of at least 200g protein with about half of that coming from powder, as little sugar as I can possibly eat and fairly open on fats and carbs beyond that with most of my carbs being consumed before hitting the gym.
Fasting from 11 PM to noon next day

Supplements:
Variety of different protein powders
BSN Vado no explode or I’ve been considering trying bloodshot
Creatine powder 3g daily

Workouts:
4 days split: leg1, rest, upper 1, rest, rest, leg2 rest, upper 2 rest rest repeat.
I know this seems less than a lot of people consider normal, but I had great results with us back in the mid-2000s following the philosophies of Mike Mentzer and Dorian Yates

Cardio consisting of a 30 minute moderate to low stair machine alternating between a light 1-2 mile jog at least two or three times a week

Planned cycle: this is a work in progress, and I will be editing this as I finalize more things however, these are the compounds I’m looking to use for this first cycle, which I intend to be more of a cutting cycle as a definitely need to cut my calories and drop some of my body fat back down. I would like to be able to do a bulk early next year.

I’m intending this to be a 10 week cycle and any suggestions on doses and run times are welcome

Test c or sust (500-750 week)/ Deca (200wk)/ TrenA (50 eod subq) / anavar (50mg) wintabs (50mg)

Of course I’m not gonna run all that for the full 10 weeks except for the test.

Hopefully posting here I can get some opinions on doses possibly a better suggestion and to keep me accountable.

I will post pictures when I can

Reaction score
Haha. That was an auto correct obviously wouldn’t let me edit it.

Reaction score
I got burnt out after years in the military and living in the gym. I would onl be in a gym for about a month at a time up until 4 months ago. I was up over 255. Got down to 225 in 3 months and am back up to about 230-235 after I started hitting the weights again seriously. Kids and a wife who likes to cook and running a business makes you fat when you stop lifting I guess.

Reaction score
150-200mg test c only until you're not fat.
Assuming my work ethic without knowing much more about me than I posted tells me a lot. I dropped 30lbs in 3 months on 0 test, mostly diet only. I appreciate the hesitation with people that don't know how to eat right but thats not an issue. I see kids half my age who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground trying to give advice on eating right and how important macros are and arguing over 1g/lb of protein or 1.5g/lb of protein etc. Diet is simple. No sugar, moderate carbs, moderate healthy fats, moderate natural sugars, and at anywhere between .75-1g/lb for protein and staying below your maintenance calorie level. Obviously we are not talking about bulking, that's a different topic but you see guys like Sam Sulek, out eating 5 guys and on gear, dudes not going to live past 30.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Regardless you should drop the weight before cycling.

You are not at a healthy bf to run a cycle and you aren't going to gain for shit while getting bf under control.

Just go on trt dose if you need it and get back into a proper healthy lifestyle

Reaction score
Regardless you should drop the weight before cycling.

You are not at a healthy bf to run a cycle and you aren't going to gain for shit while getting bf under control.

Just go on trt dose if you need it and get back into a proper healthy lifestyle
Probably good advice. I have never ran a cycle at this weight, I've always been 200-220. I won't run until I'm fully back down to 225.

Reaction score
I was listening to a podcast, I don't remember which, I can look up if it matters, talking about his diet, and while I personally like the dude's attitude and work ethic and his size, from what they were saying his diet is horrible and would lead to really high cholesterol long term. I'd love to see his blood work and to see what gear he is actually taking because I know the numbers are crazy high. If the remarks about his diet are true there's no way he can continue that for a long period of time and be healthy. I also imagine when he gets closer to his pro card that will go away naturally. Here is what his reported diet is which was what they stated on the podcast as well.
  • Meal 1: A quarter measurement of chocolate milk
  • Meal 2: A pre-workout meal comprising of cereal
  • Meal 3: A post-workout meal of protein shake
  • Meal 4: A meal from Five Guys
  • Meal 5: Donuts from Krispy Kreme along with four cups of milk

Reaction score
I’m intending this to be a 10 week cycle and any suggestions on doses and run times are welcome

Test c or sust (500-750 week)/ Deca (200wk)/ TrenA (50 eod subq) / anavar (50mg) wintabs (50mg)
No.

You’re a long way off from needing this cycle. Even after you cut down. It’s been a long time since your last cycle. 500 mg/week of testosterone would do more than enough for you.

If you can’t make good gains off of that then you’ll have to adjust your training or diet or both. You definitely don’t need the tren or even the orals. More isn’t always more.

Reaction score
Pretty glad I posted this. I was about to jump back in where I left off.

I'm going to hold off the cycle for now and just get back on my TRT dose with a little bump up to about 500mg test Cyp.

What BF% should I be looking at to start cycling again? I've never been skinny, always had a pudge even when running 5 miles a day in the Marines 3x a week.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Post a detailed breakdown of your diet and training over the past week. Include all relevant weights &measures.

New Threads