My results from an ultrasound for my liver.

Reaction score
Hello, all. I try to keep my posts as short as possible (and always fail) but feel the need to provide as many details so I don't have to provide that information later sine it's usually important. If you just want to focus on answering my questions in bold that would be great. If you care to read all of my gibberish and comment more in depth I'd really appreciate it.

I was curious to know if anyone has or had a similar experience to mine. To get right to it, I got my bloodwork done this past week. My liver enzymes are normal and I also finally had my liver ultrasound three weeks ago and it came back fine. The only thing that seemed notable was that it appeared that my liver might have been slightly enlarged in the past from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Although a moderate cycle I did back in 2021 could have also been the culprit. But I'm not sure if my mildly elevated liver enzymes would actually cause this. I wonder if I was slowly developing non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. At the time when I did my moderate cycle I stopped doing intermittent fasting and was eating quite a bit of carbs and admittedly was eating quite a bit of refined sugar (e.g. sweetened ice coffee drinks, protein bars throughout the day to get my calories in) and my blood glucose levels were constantly high. My A1C was slowly climbing up but it never reached prediabetic levels.

My doctor said as far as the ultrasound looks, there is no indication of cirrhosis which I'm very glad about. But the thing is, when I inject just my weekly dose of hormone replacement (200mg weekly) I feel a slight discomfort in my liver (even though my liver enzymes have been in the normal range for months). Sometimes I go down to 100mg of testosterone a week and I still notice my liver discomfort a day later, usually. I brought this up with my doctor and was told that if it continues that I could have a CT scan that would be more thorough than an ultrasound.

I'm asking to see if anyone has had any similar experiences to mine. Anyone experience discomfort in the liver area but still have normal liver enzyme levels? I'm also itching to do another moderate cycle. Nothing major but somewhere along the lines of 400-600mg total of everything weekly. It's been over a year since I've done a moderate cycle. I've only been on my HRT since then. Of course, I'll tread very carefully and get my labs done very frequently to keep an eye on things. But to also provide some backstory, as I completed my four month cycle of 200mg testosterone and 300mg of trenbolone enanthate in 2021 my liver enzymes at their worst were (ALT = 76, AST = 51). They're now 25 and 28 respectively and have been in this range now for eight months. Normal range is ALT - 0-44, AST - 0-48.

I also take milk thistle daily (1,000mg pill once and sometimes twice day) and wonder if that may be part of the reason why my liver enzymes are in better ranges. I'm also taking TUDCA and NAC but never noticed any improvement in bloodwork. I started taking them months before I went back to milk thistle and didn't notice any improvement in my bloodwork. Maybe what I bought online is fake. I'm also taking alpha lipoic acid daily at 600mg daily (one pill) for liver protection.

My second question is, do any of you allow your liver enzymes to be slightly elevated while on your cycle? Or do you stop immediately if they go over just a bit? From my reading online, liver enzymes can be triple over the normal threshold yet not pose any serious concern. My numbers at their highest only show mild elevation. In fact, mild elevation is considered double to triple the numbers that are within the normal range. So just wanted to get input on what other people do concerning their ALT/AST levels.

Thanks.

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
Hello, all. I try to keep my posts as short as possible (and always fail) but feel the need to provide as many details so I don't have to provide that information later sine it's usually important. If you just want to focus on answering my questions in bold that would be great. If you care to read all of my gibberish and comment more in depth I'd really appreciate it.

I was curious to know if anyone has or had a similar experience to mine. To get right to it, I got my bloodwork done this past week. My liver enzymes are normal and I also finally had my liver ultrasound three weeks ago and it came back fine. The only thing that seemed notable was that it appeared that my liver might have been slightly enlarged in the past from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Although a moderate cycle I did back in 2021 could have also been the culprit. But I'm not sure if my mildly elevated liver enzymes would actually cause this. I wonder if I was slowly developing non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. At the time when I did my moderate cycle I stopped doing intermittent fasting and was eating quite a bit of carbs and admittedly was eating quite a bit of refined sugar (e.g. sweetened ice coffee drinks, protein bars throughout the day to get my calories in) and my blood glucose levels were constantly high. My A1C was slowly climbing up but it never reached prediabetic levels.

My doctor said as far as the ultrasound looks, there is no indication of cirrhosis which I'm very glad about. But the thing is, when I inject just my weekly dose of hormone replacement (200mg weekly) I feel a slight discomfort in my liver (even though my liver enzymes have been in the normal range for months). Sometimes I go down to 100mg of testosterone a week and I still notice my liver discomfort a day later, usually. I brought this up with my doctor and was told that if it continues that I could have a CT scan that would be more thorough than an ultrasound.

I'm asking to see if anyone has had any similar experiences to mine. Anyone experience discomfort in the liver area but still have normal liver enzyme levels? I'm also itching to do another moderate cycle. Nothing major but somewhere along the lines of 400-600mg total of everything weekly. It's been over a year since I've done a moderate cycle. I've only been on my HRT since then. Of course, I'll tread very carefully and get my labs done very frequently to keep an eye on things. But to also provide some backstory, as I completed my four month cycle of 200mg testosterone and 300mg of trenbolone enanthate in 2021 my liver enzymes at their worst were (ALT = 76, AST = 51). They're now 25 and 28 respectively and have been in this range now for eight months. Normal range is ALT - 0-44, AST - 0-48.

I also take milk thistle daily (1,000mg pill once and sometimes twice day) and wonder if that may be part of the reason why my liver enzymes are in better ranges. I'm also taking TUDCA and NAC but never noticed any improvement in bloodwork. I started taking them months before I went back to milk thistle and didn't notice any improvement in my bloodwork. Maybe what I bought online is fake. I'm also taking alpha lipoic acid daily at 600mg daily (one pill) for liver protection.

My second question is, do any of you allow your liver enzymes to be slightly elevated while on your cycle? Or do you stop immediately if they go over just a bit? From my reading online, liver enzymes can be triple over the normal threshold yet not pose any serious concern. My numbers at their highest only show mild elevation. In fact, mild elevation is considered double to triple the numbers that are within the normal range. So just wanted to get input on what other people do concerning their ALT/AST levels.

Thanks.
To your second question, yes it is fine if your enzymes are slightly elevated. Not so good if every time you pull bloods they are elevated.

If your AST or ALT levels go over 100 for any period of time, may be a good time to take a break.

lifter6973

Reaction score
Also, if your enzymes are normal and your ultrasound was fine, you should be ok.
Fatty Liver Disease (NASH/NAFLD) seems to be overly diagnosed these days as more and more supposed drug remedies are just around the corner.

Even if you do have NASH/NAFLD, its likely not going to kill you and you really won't have symptoms unless you have a severe case.

Reaction score
Also, if your enzymes are normal and your ultrasound was fine, you should be ok.
Fatty Liver Disease (NASH/NAFLD) seems to be overly diagnosed these days as more and more supposed drug remedies are just around the corner.

Even if you do have NASH/NAFLD, its likely not going to kill you and you really won't have symptoms unless you have a severe case.

Thanks for the input. The only time my liver started to hurt me was when they were elevated last year during and a few months after my moderate cycle in 2021. It was just a quick tiny stabbing feeling that lasted only a second or so; sort of like the feeling you get from injecting yourself with a needle. Nothing I couldn't tolerate but was concerned. That doesn't happen anymore but the sort of dull ache I get from time to time today makes me wonder if the ultrasound might have missed something. I'll just keep an eye on things.

I was pretty sure even if I did have NAFLD that I could improve it or eliminate it by eating better and eliminating refined sugar. In fact, if I had anything wrong with my liver I was hoping for it to be NAFLD since it's reversible if addressed early. Thankfully, even though I didn't think it would be possible I no longer crave sweets and sugary junk. I'm so much better off without it.

Reaction score
Every one has a slightly fatty liver..

My 14 year old has one and she is picture of health.

I have one but my dr said it’s from all the read meat I have eaten in life..

My liver enzyems
Were so jacked on time from all the orals I was taking g that she freaked.

Did a certain test were they send a pulse thru it and see how it reads on the other side..

They can tell how fatty it is.
Mine was just ever so slightly.
We was puzzled why my numbers were so high.
Of course I didn’t tell her I was on 1.5grams of gear and anadrol at the time of y routine bw..

If the numbers are back to normal you’re good.

lifter6973

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The only time my liver started to hurt me was when they were elevated last year during and a few months after my moderate cycle in 2021. It was just a quick tiny stabbing feeling that lasted only a second or so; sort of like the feeling you get from injecting yourself with a needle. Nothing I couldn't tolerate but was concerned. That doesn't happen anymore but the sort of dull ache I get from time to time today makes me wonder if the ultrasound might have missed something. I'll just keep an eye on things.

I was pretty sure even if I did have NAFLD that I could improve it or eliminate it by eating better and eliminating refined sugar. In fact, if I had anything wrong with my liver I was hoping for it to be NAFLD since it's reversible if addressed early. Thankfully, even though I didn't think it would be possible I no longer crave sweets and sugary junk. I'm so much better off without it.
I happen to believe even with the current drugs out there and those yet to come that YES, the best answer to fatty liver is a better diet and/or weight loss.

Normally when they do an ultrasound and say a subject has fatty liver it is because they can see fat deposits on the liver, however, when they can't figure out why enzymes are off they also can go with fatty liver. Its just a sort of convenient diagnosis IMO when everything else has been ruled out.

buck

Reaction score
Having slightly elevated enzyme levels is no big deal. Mine were always over the top for over 30 years and no Dr' cared. As they knew i lifted weights and eating protein and training releases the same enzyme that they test the liver for. And 35 years ago when i stopped drinking heavy my levels were 10X over the range so hard to say how long the were that high, maybe 3-4 years or shorter hard to say. a CT scan 2 years ago showed a healthy liver. It is a very resilient organ. and the body can get buy with only a part of it working although the more the better. There is a wide range of things that can cause NAFLD. So without knowing your history it could be hard to pinpoint what happened.

lifter6973

Reaction score
Having slightly elevated enzyme levels is no big deal. Mine were always over the top for over 30 years and no Dr' cared. As they knew i lifted weights and eating protein and training releases the same enzyme that they test the liver for. And 35 years ago when i stopped drinking heavy my levels were 10X over the range so hard to say how long the were that high, maybe 3-4 years or shorter hard to say. a CT scan 2 years ago showed a healthy liver. It is a very resilient organ. and the body can get buy with only a part of it working although the more the better. There is a wide range of things that can cause NAFLD.
Its turned from no big deal into a hot topic over the last 15 years and a money maker for pharma.

buck

Reaction score
Its turned from no big deal into a hot topic over the last 15 years and a money maker for pharma.
With the amount of over weigh people going up over the last 30 years i am not surprised. I believe cleaning up the diet a little and getting some movement in would be a cure for many/most people. But i know that is not most people agenda until it is to late.

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my latest liver enzyme and kidney values. My numbers are looking great so far! All within normal ranges. I've been on 450mg of testosterone a week for the past month. Even my EGFr has climbed a bit to 83; three points higher than the last test.

feblabs.jpg

The only thing I'm doing differently now is I'm taking milk thistle at 1,000mg twice a day. One pill in the morning when I wake up on an empty stomach and a second one around 2pm. In the past I have taken TUDCA and NAC but neither one seemed to bring my numbers down to normal ranges.

Needless to say I'm very happy and relieved that things are looking good. Just waiting on my results for my estradiol, ultrasensitive, LC/MS which should be available soon.

Reaction score

Thanks.
I've been on test for 9 month 100mg of trt a week. Ive just recently noticed liver aches. Ny bloods are fine mid 30s for ast and alt. Had a ultrasound done 3 months ago and i have a slightly enlarged liver. I have to be on test for life because of Pituitary problems. Scared to do a month cycle of 10mg var daily because of the liver aches

Reaction score
I've been on test for 9 month 100mg of trt a week. Ive just recently noticed liver aches. Ny bloods are fine mid 30s for ast and alt. Had a ultrasound done 3 months ago and i have a slightly enlarged liver. I have to be on test for life because of Pituitary problems. Scared to do a month cycle of 10mg var daily because of the liver aches

Do you know what caused the enlargement? Is it considered NAFLD? I did anavar back in February. After being on it for a month I wasn't all that impressed with the results. Maybe it was underdosed or I wasn't lean enough to see results. In the future I'm going to try primobolan.

I would also suggest not injecting your testosterone very close to the time you get your labs done. I do daily mini injections with my testosterone. So when I go in for blood work I hold off injecting for that day until after I get my blood drawn. I have made the mistake of doing my mini injection right before the blood draw and my enzymes were two to three points above the normal range; which I'm not worried about at all.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
The liver is our alien organ. It really is an amazing thing , up to 90% of it can be removed and it can repair and regrow itself.

It can be killed it's not indestructible by any means but the way it can repair itself always fascinated me.

Reaction score
Do you know what caused the enlargement? Is it considered NAFLD? I did anavar back in February. After being on it for a month I wasn't all that impressed with the results. Maybe it was underdosed or I wasn't lean enough to see results. In the future I'm going to try primobolan.

I would also suggest not injecting your testosterone very close to the time you get your labs done. I do daily mini injections with my testosterone. So when I go in for blood work I hold off injecting for that day until after I get my blood drawn. I have made the mistake of doing my mini injection right before the blood draw and my enzymes were two to three points above the normal range; which I'm not worried about at all.
They just said my liver size is on the high end of normal. My liver enzymes have always been on the high end even before testosterone(probably because of Accutane in highschool) Im 20 for reference. Just hoping its a muscle causing fake liver aches.

Reaction score
The liver is our alien organ. It really is an amazing thing , up to 90% of it can be removed and it can repair and regrow itself.

It can be killed it's not indestructible by any means but the way it can repair itself always fascinated me.
That's comforting man. I know vigorous steve got rid of his NAFLD. I wonder how long his protocol lasted

Reaction score

Thanks.
My liver enzymes on Tren A were also "slightly elevated". Doc reacted very negatively and suggested I get off. After a month, my enzymes returned to normal. Doing a milder cycle for now. Don't miss the rage, but do miss the great results I saw with Tren.

Reaction score
My liver enzymes on Tren A were also "slightly elevated". Doc reacted very negatively and suggested I get off.
Well thats kinda what they do when you tell them youre on tren 🤣

edit: I'd actually be happy this is one of the few times doctors will try to tackle the cause of the problem instead of just indefinitely selling you something to cover up the effects

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Cycle or no cycle slightly elevated liver enzymes are completely normal with heavy resistance training.

New Threads