New girl here from Texas!

Reaction score
Hello to all I'm new to the forum and from the Austin area! I had a child about 9 months ago and struggling to lose the weight and I'm hoping to learn from here and meet some new friends! Anyone in the Austin area? Especially anybody willing to train 1 on 1 lessons? LOL I need some major help! My main goal is to lose the baby weight and tone. Looking forward to learning lots around here!

IMG_3870.jpg

Reaction score
Hello to all I'm new to the forum and from the Austin area! I had a child about 9 months ago and struggling to lose the weight and I'm hoping to learn from here and meet some new friends! Anyone in the Austin area? Especially anybody willing to train 1 on 1 lessons? LOL I need some major help! My main goal is to lose the baby weight and tone. Looking forward to learning lots around here!

View attachment 46126
Welcome to UG

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

View attachment 46126
I'm in Houston, but most of what you want to achieve can be accomplished with a simple caloric deficit and some exercise. Not rocket science... the main thing is to make a diet plan, log everything you eat, and be brutally honest (example - those 8 tortilla chips with dip counts, log it! That glass of wine counts, log it! etc.)

Most people fail because they don't log their food, have no idea what they are really taking in. Then they are surprised when the scale isn't going down or if it actually goes up.

I don't live in Austin but now I want to...
No one is surprised by you saying this 😂

Reaction score
I'm in Houston, but most of what you want to achieve can be accomplished with a simple caloric deficit and some exercise. Not rocket science... the main thing is to make a diet plan, log everything you eat, and be brutally honest (example - those 8 tortilla chips with dip counts, log it! That glass of wine counts, log it! etc.)

Most people fail because they don't log their food, have no idea what they are really taking in. Then they are surprised when the scale isn't going down or if it actually goes up.

No one is surprised by you saying this 😂

What part of Houston are you from? I frequent there quite a bit. My family is in Sugar Land area!!

And the dieting, I am starting a new diet this week actually and planning to start counting calories. My problem is motivation and learning what to do in the gym. I'm sure my form is bad on the exercises that I do know.

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
What part of Houston are you from? I frequent there quite a bit. My family is in Sugar Land area!!

And the dieting, I am starting a new diet this week actually and planning to start counting calories. My problem is motivation and learning what to do in the gym. I'm sure my form is bad on the exercises that I do know.
Welcome. Try to think of this less as a "diet" and more of "this is how I eat now". Tracking your food is the best path for success. Even if you have a hard time excluding high fat, high calorie, processed foods at first, track them. You need to have a realistic view of your caloric consumption if you plan on modulating it for weight loss.

Do you have an older brother named Ian?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
*tips his hat

Ma'am

Reaction score

View attachment 46126
Strange you came here of all places, but welcome anyways.

Goal: to lose bodyfat and develop some muscle.
Plan for muscle: Phraks Greyskull LP (add in one glute exercise of your choice at the end of every training session)
Plan for fat loss: if it's lean protein or vegetables - eat as much of it as you can stomach. If it's carbs, eat sparingly. You can incorporate cardio if you want, but it is better used for when fatloss plateaus and you cannot bear to restrict calories any lower.

Two ways you can track weight loss progress:
1) mirror pictures (taken every 2 weeks or once monthly)
2) weigh ins, check every morning first thing after your morning pee.

No matter what you do, you'll want to take a 'before' picture for yourself. In the mirror, wearing undergarments only, no flexing or sucking it in. You'll be happy in 3-6 months when you can see the changes.

goodfella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB! 💪 Stick around and share! You'll gain some great acknowledge on loads of different topics!

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

I have no interest in giving out my exact location. I'll just say I live in the North.

No one can fix motivation for you. To be honest, unlike a lot of members here, I'm almost never motivated to go to the gym. However I treat the gym the same way as I treat going to work. Once I'm there I treat it 100% like my job, and knock it out. Not the same as motivation, but it lets me accomplish the same thing.

Form is important, but don't stress over it too much. You have plenty of time to learn and correct your form.

If you can't make yourself do something on your own, and you don't know how to train properly, then it sounds like hiring a coach would be a better option for you. I suspect you'll get more out of it than what you'll get from the forum itself.

Welcome to UGBB, and good luck.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Also, don't privately solicit our members for pictures.

At the same time, if someone is soliciting you then please let a moderator know so that we can address it.

Thank you

Reaction score

View attachment 46126
IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH YOUR WEIGHT
I GOT 2 words for ya..

WEIGHT WATCHERS.!!

You have no knowledge of training or diet and you want one lesson.
And you already put out there were you live.

Go to your local planet fitness and ask for a lesson.

Reaction score
Also, don't privately solicit our members for pictures.

At the same time, if someone is soliciting you then please let a moderator know so that we can address it.

Thank you
You really believe this shit is legit.??

Com On Man.. you know better then that

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
You really believe this shit is legit.??

Com On Man.. you know better then that
Nah, I don't believe it. I was on alert immediately upon the first post. I'm only playing a long.... just in case, but I don't think this is a real person.

Probably a dude trying to jerk it to bodybuilders... wouldn't be the first time. 😂

Reaction score
I just slammed 16oz of venison burgers..

Will this make me lose weight..
Its all protein..

No literally just now and as I swallowed it I wished there was a way to keep fucking people like this out..

Ban them as soon as they post if it smells like shit

And this smell likeIMG_0698.jpeg

Xxplosive

Reaction score

View attachment 46126

Howdy 🤠

I was actually planning on moving to Austin for the last year, but it fell through. Staying put in So Cal

Xxplosive

Reaction score
Join date of October 7. First post today. 🙄

I don't think i made a new member post immediately. I kinda didn't know it was a big deal not to for the longest time.

We will find out if she starts asking if you can WU some funds to Nigeria so she can get gas to meet you at the gym for your workout.

New Threads