Overhead Tricep Extensions vs Cable Pushdowns: New Research Finds One Builds 40% More Muscle

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
why dont you do it? youre at a competitive level, if it's scientifically proven, wouldnt you want that extra edge?
it has its benefits and uses, but that doesnt mean its something everyone should be doing.

like today said, it has its place, but its still very niche in its use cases.

I havent done any BFR type training because We simply havent seen the need too

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
it has its benefits and uses, but that doesnt mean its something everyone should be doing.

like today said, it has its place, but its still very niche in its use cases.

I havent done any BFR type training because We simply havent seen the need too
what are the benefits?

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
what are the benefits?
the same as conventional training, increase in strength and size, its just a different training method that allows you to apply proper stimulus, with lighter loads

Reaction score
the same as conventional training, increase in strength and size, its just a different training method that allows you to apply proper stimulus, with lighter loads
wouldnt increasing strength and size be beneficial to you as a bodybuilder

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
wouldnt increasing strength and size be beneficial to you as a bodybuilder
the same as conventional training,

Its not any more beneficial than traditional training, its not magic. Its just another training method that allows similar stimulus with lighter loads

Reader591

Reaction score
I believe hamstrings as well have literature backing the stretched portion being most beneficial.
My anecdotal experince seems to back this too for what that’s worth.

RDL would be kind over leg curls for overall growth of hamstrings to me, however in my head it was hard to know if it’s the stretch or more so the overall load is higher. I’m sure it’s both.

Reader591

Reaction score
I am old but those fuukers always killed my elbows. Skull crushers where the same. Maybe not being able to do them is the reason my tris are shit
Sounds like me and v squats on me knees. Can’t stand them.

Any other type of squat and I’m good to go.

Reaction score
That article just compared those two specific exercises to each other. It doesn’t say that Overhead Tricep Extensions are THE BEST TRICEP EXERCISE.

I’m sure everyone can already agree that the Tricep Kickback is superior to all other Tricep exercises, especially at high reps.

buck

Reaction score
I have to wonder if they took half the people and used the dominant arm with each movement. As i would expect the more dominant arm to grow better all thing being equal.

New Threads