Prescription for Insulin

Reaction score
I went to walmart last year and asked for insulin the girl behind the counter said I needed a prescription. Google says you don't. What to do?

Reaction score
I went to walmart last year and asked for insulin the girl behind the counter said I needed a prescription. Google says you don't. What to do?
Go back to the Walmart. Talk to the clerk, if they say “no” then you talk to the pharmacist. Remember that Walmart employees are fucking stupid so they have no clue what medicines require prescriptions.

You get fast-acting insulin only though. Be careful with that. It’s not as forgiving so you better know what you’re doing beforehand. It can fuck you up if you don’t know what an “iu” is.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
You can get Relion Novolin R or 70/30 over the counter. Any of the logs they carry will require a prescription but Novolin R is over the counter.

Reaction score
You can get Relion Novolin R or 70/30 over the counter. Any of the logs they carry will require a prescription but Novolin R is over the counter.
Indeed. I had to get novolin R for my dog every few months and pins from Wally World. No script ever need and the cheapest option for insulin.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
And just like BBBG said, if you get the vial, make sure you measure the IU's correctly. Better to just get the flexpens.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
The girl behind the counter is full of shit. You literally don't need a prescription for novolin-R.

It's something like $26 after tax. Ask me how I know... 🙄

Jonjon

Reaction score
I get it all the time. Don’t ask for insulin, ask for novolin R

It’s medium acting. I like to use it intramuscular and it acts almost as fast as humalog. I actually get better results from Novolin than humalog. Could be in my head but better pumps and seem to grow better.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
Novolin R is short acting. Its regular insulin. Not an analog.

Reaction score
I get it all the time. Don’t ask for insulin, ask for novolin R

It’s medium acting. I like to use it intramuscular and it acts almost as fast as humalog. I actually get better results from Novolin than humalog. Could be in my head but better pumps and seem to grow better.
I'm going to try that. I have insurance but if I use it, will my premium go up?

Jonjon

Reaction score
I use a 5/16 in the delts

Start very low and use your blood meter to see how it affects you. For me if I take it 30 minutes before training, then start drinking my carb drink when I start training, it times out pretty good.

Your results may vary.

Reaction score
Got 2 vials of Walmart's Novolin R. So I want to try it. I'm thinking 2 iu? I'll be home all day working online w/fast acting carbs in the fridge.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
If you don't know how to use insulin, don't use it.

Sounds like you are just going to feed based on your insulin use instead of dosing your insulin based on your diet..

Post your exact diet so we can better understand if your dose makes sense.

Jonjon

Reaction score
Like Oakley said don’t change your carb intake to match the insulin
Match the insulin to the carbs you’re already consuming

I tested my glucose for days before and after meals, 30 and 60 minutes after, before ever taking insulin. Knowing how your body responds to carbs is important that way you’ll know what the insulin is doing and to what extent

• Love
Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
If you don't know how to use insulin, don't use it.

Sounds like you are just going to feed based on your insulin use instead of dosing your insulin based on your diet..

Post your exact diet so we can better understand if your dose makes sense.
I was keto last summer but have been low-carb for about 9 months. I normally take in about 150 grams of carbs/day. Mostly from oats in my protein shake.

• Haha
Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
Like Oakley said don’t change your carb intake to match the insulin
Match the insulin to the carbs you’re already consuming

I tested my glucose for days before and after meals, 30 and 60 minutes after, before ever taking insulin. Knowing how your body responds to carbs is important that way you’ll know what the insulin is doing and to what extent
I just ordered from Amazon, The Draio Smart Glucose Kit for my phone. Plugs in to the bottom of your phone and you insert test strips. Will be here tomorrow.

Reaction score
Did my first shot, 4 units and had about 60 grams of carbs right after it. Some oats toast w/strawberry jam.

New Threads