Redness and swelling after injection

Reaction score
Hi all,

Running 300mg test c/week. Using a Subq needle and I’m getting a lot of redness and swelling at the VG. I just ordered some IM needles to see if that’s what the issue is. Let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Thanks

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
you're doing subQ using VG as the injection site for subQ.

Well that's probably at least part of your problem 😅. VG should be IM. If you REALLY want to do subQ then just do it in the abdomen.

Reaction score

Well that's probably at least part of your problem 😅. VG should be IM. If you REALLY want to do subQ then just do it in the abdomen.
Thanks for the advice. Any tips on how to reduce the swelling and redness for the time being?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Are you injecting a full ml at a time?

Reaction score
I was never a believer in NSAIDS like ibuprofen until I had some serious crippling pip. It helped the most.

If it’s really bad, do the hot compress / ice compress. Rotating between hot and cold. Pretty soon it just feels numb completely . I did the hot compress so hot it gave me blisters. Then hit it with a frozen rag.

Reaction score

If it’s still swollen and hot to the touch is that super unusual? I have used two different sources so I’m unsure if it’s bad gear, needle length, carrier oil, or ester.

Reaction score
Doesn’t look bad. Looks almost identically to the result I get with test400 .

Put a water soaked rag in a ziplock and heat it nice and hot in the micro wave . Pull your pants down. And lay on your stomach and hold it on the redness. Maybe try to use your belt to snug it up to the red spot. I’m talking almost blistering hot. Leave until the heat is gone.

Take 800mg ibuprofen .

Take a rag just like the hot one and freeze it in your freezer. Hold in place with belt.

20 minutes later no more pain and the ice rag numbs the area.

Do this 2 or 3 times and if it’s not significantly
Improved then get your bitch ass to the doctor asap . Tell the urgent care doc it was from your TRT shot

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Doesn’t look bad. Looks almost identically to the result I get with test400 .

Put a water soaked rag in a ziplock and heat it nice and hot in the micro wave . Pull your pants down. And lay on your stomach and hold it on the redness. Maybe try to use your belt to snug it up to the red spot. I’m talking almost blistering hot. Leave until the heat is gone.

Take a rag just like the hot one and freeze it in your freezer. Hold in place with belt.
or you know, just use a heating pad and a frozen gel pack, and leave in place for a fixed amount of time... like a normal person. 😂

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Injecting sub q it can hang around a while. It never hurts to have a stockpile of antibiotics that are Gram positive and gram negative for situations like this.

Reaction score
or you know, just use a heating pad and a frozen gel pack, and leave in place for a fixed amount of time... like a normal person. 😂
Hey I’m just giving instruction for stuff he would have around the house. I’m starting to think you have it out for me send0. I’m not gay ok. Please let me chat again

New Threads