Russian Ukraine War------>Political Shitshow

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
@Hughinn I knew this was coming.

Russia is sitting on most of the ethnically Russian areas of Ukraine already. Their economy has rebounded throughout 2023 despite Western predictions of an imminent collapse. The ball is in their court.

Russia has the manpower and natural resources to continue fighting well into 2025, if not longer. North Korean ammunition further solidifies their ability to fight a long war.

Imagine all of the lives that could have been saved by negotiating sooner. Better yet, imagine all that can be saved by negotiating now rather than waiting another year or two (at which point Russia may very well be in an even better position).
Wellllll ,, on that side of the family we ain't zactly Russian ,, not zactly.

Area of Ukraine that Russia claims was Cossack land for centuries.

Folks think well , they are Russian or Ukrainian right ? ,, well now on a modern map yes but don't forget where we come from.

Ethnically speaking , were Tartars , Khazars and a mix of other people that passed through.

Farther back like 8th century , some believe we can trace our origins to the Kipchak people that lived in Siberia along the border with China and slowly migrated into the Pontic Caspian Steppes , which through science and genetics is believed to be first place in Europe horses were bred and domesticated.

Which makes sense cus Cossacks are horse people we brought that with us.

So while in a modern eye we might seem Russian or Ukrainian ..

Ethnically we are our own people. Always have been.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Wellllll ,, on that side of the family we ain't zactly Russian ,, not zactly.

Area of Ukraine that Russia claims was Cossack land for centuries.

Folks think well , they are Russian or Ukrainian right ? ,, well now on a modern map yes but don't forget where we come from.

How many people living there today consider themselves Cossack or other?

I know these are ethnically diverse and complicated areas, but I thought Eastern Ukraine was predominantly (70%+) Russian?

I assumed this was mostly due to the much more recent Soviet times.

Ethnically speaking , were Tartars , Khazars and a mix of other people that passed through.

Where do most Tartars live today?

I know they are associated with Southern Ukraine including some territories Russia has taken over in the war.

Farther back like 8th century , some believe we can trace our origins to the Kipchak people that lived in Siberia along the border with China and slowly migrated into the Pontic Caspian Steppes , which through science and genetics is believed to be first place in Europe horses were bred and domesticated.

Which makes sense cus Cossacks are horse people we brought that with us.

So while in a modern eye we might seem Russian or Ukrainian ..

Ethnically we are our own people. Always have been.

I appreciate how far you have looked into this. It's cool to know where your roots lie.

My roots on my dad's side are from this region, but he never had much interest in it so I don't know much at all.

Hughinn

Reaction score
I’d like you to be clear.

Who are you calling “cocksuckers”??

That doesn’t have any place in a discussion. You should do better than that.

"Cocksuckers" I must admit was a broadly reaching blanket term for the numerous media outlets and personalities calling for some kind of holy war against Russia and Nuremberg style trials for Russian federation officers for war crimes over civilian casualties

When in reality it appears as though the truth is that Russia showed an enormous amount of restraint and went through great efforts to avoid unnecessary civilian casualties

Certainly compared to Israel and the deafening silence from those same people of terrible civilian casualties intentionally caused by Israel in comparison

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
There are renewed talks for Ukraine to join the EU. You can't make this up:

The European Union recommended on Wednesday opening the negotiations regarding Ukraine's accession to the bloc, despite acknowledging some of Kyiv's shortcomings.

"The Commission recommends that the (EU) Council opens accession negotiations with Ukraine," said the Brussels-based European Commission.

The Commission also said it recommended opening accession negotiations with neighboring Moldova.

"Today is a historic day because today the Commission recommends that the council opens accession negotiations with Ukraine and with Moldova," European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen said.

The Western powers simply don't learn from their mistakes, do they?

Reaction score
Fuel prices up 4% in 2 min after hours. Brent up to $100 a barrel.

US is diverting fuel to EU to offset nord stream "disruption."

Fuel up tomorrow morning. Godspeed.

You new green deal pieces of shit have dead Ukrainians on your hands. You gas up last
Filling up 93 octane even at Costco is like $90.00 for my car, can't think what some you gotta spend on a large Truck .

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Evidence of North Korean ammunition in the hands of the Russians is getting harder to deny:

A new analysis of satellite photos taken of a Russian ammunition depot suggests that more than 2,000 20-foot cargo containers were shipped from North Korea to Russia. According to a Ukrainian Army reserve officer—well known for his commentary under the handle ‘Tatarigami UA’—those containers likely carried half a million 122- and 152-millimeter artillery shells. And that estimate “leans toward the conservative side.” These findings and supporting imagery are laid out in an article on his website Frontelligence Insight.

Russia burned through a staggering 11 million artillery rounds in 2022 attempting to secure a quick victory in Ukraine—without success. But with industrial capacity to build only 2 million more shells per year, Russia couldn’t expend its ammunition as wastefully in 2023. Instead, its projected Russia will “only” expend 7 million shells this year—just two-thirds of their 2022 total.

Reaction score
Evidence of North Korean ammunition in the hands of the Russians is getting harder to deny:

I haven’t seen any of this. Why is this good/bad.

We give Ukraine military equipment. Russia can’t buy/get ammunition from another country?

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I haven’t seen any of this. Why is this good/bad.

We give Ukraine military equipment. Russia can’t buy/get ammunition from another country?

I agree with you 100%.

People see it as bad because it shows Russia buddying up with North Korea and further developing the China-Russia-Iran alliance with an even more extreme partner.

But I think the West pushed Russia into strengthening these friendships when we sanctioned them to the max.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
You can't make this up. Ukraine continues to find reasons to not negotiate and end to this war:

The Ukrainian Foreign Minister’s outspoken rejection of negotiations with the Putin regime comes at a delicate moment for the coalition of countries opposing the Russian invasion of Ukraine. International concerns have been mounting since late summer over the slow progress of Ukraine’s much-hyped counteroffensive, with some commentators pointing to the lack of a decisive military breakthrough as evidence that earlier hopes of defeating Russia on the battlefield are now unrealistic. The mood darkened further in early November, when Ukrainian commander-in-chief Valery Zaluzhny acknowledged in an interview with Britain’s The Economist that the war with Russia had reached a stalemate.

Officials in Kyiv have denied recent reports that Ukraine’s allies are pushing the country to enter into peace talks with Russia. “No leader of the United States or European Union, our partners, nobody puts pressure on us to sit at the negotiation table with Russia and give something away,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy stated in early November. Zelenskyy himself has repeatedly ruled out any direct talks with Putin, insisting instead that the time for diplomacy will only come once Russian troops have retreated from Ukraine.

Let's call it for what it is. This war is likely going to continue until at least 2025.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Adding to the idea that this war will continue for quite some time, Germany is set to send a fresh 1.3 billion Euros of military aid:

German Defence Minister Boris Pistorius announced another military aid package worth €1.3 billion for Ukraine, that will include four more IRIS T-SLM air defense systems. Pistorius also paid tribute to those killed during the demonstrations on Maidan square ten years ago.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy told Ukrainians that 10 years ago, "Ukrainians launched their first counteroffensive" against Russian attempts to "deprive Ukraine of a European future," referring to the pro-European Maidan protests.

Meanwhile, the US said it will provide Ukraine with another $100 million in military aid, US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said during a visit to Kyiv.

The US State Department also announced it was imposing sanctions against two members of the Russian military, including the so-called "Butcher of Bucha," over alleged human rights violations in Ukraine.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Finland has closed its last open border crossings with Russia, at least temporarily:

Seven of eight road posts have already shut over a rise in crossings this month.

The government now says the last, located in the Arctic Circle, will close on Thursday for two weeks.
Around 900 asylum seekers entered Finland from Russia in November, up from fewer than one a day on average.
They come from countries including Morocco, Pakistan and Syria, authorities say.
Finland is "determined to put an end to the crossings", Prime Minister Petteri Orpo said in a statement.
The government says Russia is channelling asylum seekers towards Finland in what it calls an "influence operation" and "hybrid attack" - and has responded by progressively closing more and more border posts.
Raja-Jooseppi was the last road crossing to remain open, but it too will be closed by Friday. A rail crossing will remain open for freight traffic.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
It's amazing how quickly the Western narrative has changed, particularly since 10/7 shifted everybody's attention away from this conflict.

This is the most honest and balanced discussion I have heard on DW. Just a few months ago, much of what is being said here would be dismissed as "Russian propaganda":

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ukraine has more balls then brains following that little tator tot zelelensky to their deaths ..Should have put a bullet in his head and save themselves

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Ukraine has more balls then brains following that little tator tot zelelensky to their deaths ..Should have put a bullet in his head and save themselves

I think it's too late now. The ball is in Putin's court, but the U.S. still won't budge and work with him to end the conflict. Russia will have no choice but to escalate the conflict and move westward.

What do you think?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think it's too late now. The ball is in Putin's court, but the U.S. still won't budge and work with him to end the conflict. Russia will have no choice but to escalate the conflict and move westward.

What do you think?
thats because democrats are nothing but a bunch of cunts

Reaction score
Considering to the article above...

I am from Ukraine. Didn't hear our goverment is going to sent 60+ years old men to the war. They are discussing the possibility to return men from Poland, German etc. German's goverment doesn't support this. Looks like Poland is not going to help return Ukrainian men too. Didn't hear responce from other countries yet.
The middle age of mobilised men is 30-40 y.o. They need younger men, but not older.

Ukraine is not desperated. Tired, angry, but not desperated.

New Threads