Stopping cardio and reducing calorie intake

Reaction score
Hello guys, I have been cutting for almost 70 days. So far I lost 25 kilograms/55 pounds and at this moment I weigh 95 kilograms 210 pounds at the height of 181cm or 5'11 inches. Right now I do eat 2400 calories however, I am very active right now my cardio is very tough 600 calories for 5 days and I record roughly 7000 steps per day. Only problem is as a result of my physical activity I feel very tired and I can't study efficiently for my exams. Should I stop doing cardio and reduce my calories?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
No, you'd still be tired.

You're tired because you're in a deficit. It wears on you over time. If you stop cardio and reduce calories, then you're kind of just creating the same problem.

Consider adding one day a week where you 'reload' by eating at maintenance, or even a slight surplus... don't skimp on the carbs. It will give you extra energy that will help you in both your day to day activities as well as in the gym.

At least that's what I would do.

Reaction score
thx for your reply normally previous week I was eating about 1700 I increased it a bit this week to 2400

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Take a week to eat at maintenance without structured cardio and then readdress.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Take a week to eat at maintenance without structured cardio and then readdress.

Or even longer. The length of time we should diet, or bulk, has limits.

How long have you been dieting @thelastottoman?

Edit... Nevermind, I just saw the 70 days part.

Reaction score
^many good tips here.

Note: a refeed isn't a carb binge. Just eat maintenance or a small surplus for a day or a few days, depending on how you feel. Refeeding is not an excuse to party with cake chips pizza and beer.

If you're trying to keep it clean (which is my advice), keep it boring like potatoes or rice. I know that advice kinda sucks but you've come a really long way.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
A diet break for 2-4 weeks would get you back to a good place. I'd start with eating high carb, moderate protein, zero fats for 2-3 days, about 500 calories above your maintenance, and then eat at maintenance for the remainder of the diet break.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
^many good tips here.

Note: a refeed isn't a carb binge. Just eat maintenance or a small surplus for a day or a few days, depending on how you feel. Refeeding is not an excuse to party with cake chips pizza and beer.

If you're trying to keep it clean (which is my advice), keep it boring like potatoes or rice. I know that advice kinda sucks but you've come a really long way.

A refeed should most certainly be a carb binge.

I think you meant to say that it shouldn't be a junk food binge.

Reaction score
Only problem is as a result of my physical activity I feel very tired and I can't study efficiently for my exams.
Can you use alternative energy sources like caffeine or other stimulants?

I'm not usually one to jump straight to drugs to solve problems, but ADHD meds can help tremendously with these things, and you're fuckin killing it in the fatloss department. I wouldn't slow that roll for a winning lotto ticket.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
your in caloric deficit - lack of energy is to be expected. deal with it.

u can try things like:
adding a refeed day once a week/once every 4days/once every 3 days depends solely on how u feel.

add more strenght training so u can allow yourself to eat a bit more ...just don't get carried away too much.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
also25kg in 70 day's is a bit drastic don't u think ?

i would never go lower than 2k calories on my self.
(and our stats are similar - im 175cm and 97kg)

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
also25kg in 70 day's is a bit drastic don't u think ?

^^^This, right here!!!

Losing 55 lbs in 10 weeks is too much, especially since you're not a giant obese person.

Take a break, let your body recover.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Touché. But still not too much over maintenance imo.

Depends upon how depleted one it. You want maintenance PLUS filling the tank. Even going over a little over that is perfectly fine.

buck

Reaction score
Burning 600 calories over 5 days and getting in 7000 steps is not what i call a lot of cardio. I would keep your calories where they are now and see how the increased amount works for you. You may just want to lose at a slower rate. Plus, the closer you get to your goal the harder it becomes. Unless you have a contest coming up losing weight can be a marathon not a sprint.

New Threads