Test with deca/npp/mast? first cycle after trt?

Prd

Reaction score
Hey guys. That title might seem dumb, what I’m trying to say is I wanted to decide between npp/deca/mast as an add on to test for a first real cycle. I’m 45, have been on try for 6 mo at 200/wk which gets me up to 630 on my last blood work. I’m 5’11, 215 with 15% body fat. I know that isn’t awesome, but my routine and diet are pretty solid. I want to run cycle to gain more lean muscle mass. Losing some of that last 5-6% would be awesome too. I want to avoid orals and anything particularly hepatotoxic. NPP & Deca seem appealing because of their joint support benefits (my knees suck already). I also plan to have arimidex around to use prn. If I were to only add one for the first cycle (and bump test up to 350-500), what would you think? Thanks!!

buck

Reaction score
Why not just do test at higher doses the TRT to see what you can get from that. And so, you will know how that affects you. T is all that is really needed in early cycles in my opinion. As everything works well at that point if diet and training is up to speed.

Prd

Reaction score
I thought about that too. Is bumping up to 350 and moving up towards 500 a good route? Or would you just hit 500? I think the appeal of deca or npp was just the joint benefits—my ortho just keeps saying more naproxen. Sorry, I probably sound like a moron: but would it make sense to add in a short ester test for the cycle and just keep the cyp at try levels or just up the cyp—I guess test is test, so maybe it doesn’t matter.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
post a pic.
post your daily macros.
post your training routine be specific, each day, sets, weights, reps, movements.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I thought about that too. Is bumping up to 350 and moving up towards 500 a good route? Or would you just hit 500?
350 vs 500 is not that big of a difference. Personally I'd just go with 500, and lower it only if I started having issues with E2 or acne or something.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
No New Member Intro and this is your first post?

Prd

Reaction score
Sorry. I’m new to this forum and don’t know the etiquette. I should have taken more time to learn it. I just hate some of the other sites that are just giant ads. If you wouldn’t mind telling me here or by dm what I should have posted first, I certainly will do so. Thanks, and sorry.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry. I’m new to this forum and don’t know the etiquette. I should have taken more time to learn it. I just hate some of the other sites that are just giant ads. If you wouldn’t mind telling me here or by dm what I should have posted first, I certainly will do so. Thanks, and sorry.

Give us a little background. You kind of did in your post but how about some more detail. Throw in your age, height, weight, training experience, diet, some lifting goals you have achieved and those you're shooting for.

You can leave out puppies and long walks on the beach at sunset. The same goes for gear talk.

Prd

Reaction score
Got that done. Sorry, should have been first.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Without knowing anything else at this point Deca. Also increase test. But this is only a partial answer without knowing more info like @eazy asked.

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
In case you never answer, I never see a pic, find out how many calories you eat per day, or exactly how you train.

You may not need any of those other drugs.

Your stated 15% how are you measuring that?

It's been my experience that stated 15% is really anywhere from 20-30%

-1-Jimmy-Mackey-on-X-Every-tip-I-have-for-men-over-15-body-fat-1-Cut-your-alcohol-intake-https...jpg

You have only been on 200mg for 5 months. You have not gotten all the progress you can get from that dose.

If you are not lean enough to purposely overeat for periods of time you are limiting your progress.

How long have you been eating in a calorie surplus to gain muscle?

what would you think?
gain more lean muscle mass
Losing some of that last 5-6%
pick a goal.

you can't do both in that same cycle.

you either need to be in a deficit cutting fat or in a surplus adding mass.

without a picture can't say either way.

Prd

Reaction score
In case you never answer, I never see a pic, find out how many calories you eat per day, or exactly how you train.

You may not need any of those other drugs.

Your stated 15% how are you measuring that?

It's been my experience that stated 15% is really anywhere from 20-30%

View attachment 50444

You have only been on 200mg for 5 months. You have not gotten all the progress you can get from that dose.

If you are not lean enough to purposely overeat for periods of time you are limiting your progress.

How long have you been eating in a calorie surplus to gain muscle?

pick a goal.

you can't do both in that same cycle.

you either need to be in a deficit cutting fat or in a surplus adding mass.

without a picture can't say either way.
I answered some of this privately, but:
Ok, apparently I can’t sleep, so here’s more details: I should have said I don’t only work out 1 day a week. I have 4 regular days and a fifth with a trainer to try new things or to push where i / he feels like I need it. 2.5 years ago I could lift a standard bar (that’s the recovery time), but now I bench 5x10 at 145 (yesterday). That same day: pause incline bench, hammer strength decline bench, reverse curls, ez bar curls. My biggest hurdle of late has been that my right knee if pretty fucked. My ortho is talking about replacement. He told me to cut out all squats & DL. I am not following that advice very well, just going body weight or crazy light on squats, using leg press, more RDLs/good mornings than DLs.

I hit 1gm/lb of protein every day and stick to 2200-2500 calories because I don’t want to get back to looking like a blob. I eat clean, make all my own food and get plenty of greens/veggies/fruits in there.

Since my wife died and I got sick this has really been my only focus outside of work.

I probably should have been seeking out advice before now, but I guess I just fell into the routine of using a trainer (even if he is 25) and AI workout builder.

In any case, thanks again!

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
145 lbs. for 5x ?
Seriously….. you need to continue training and dieting.

Not more drugs.,….
I’m on trt as well and know for a fact that only doing trt and really training I’m making gains and have an anabolic history.

New Threads